IMAX, the biggest motion picture film format of them all!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

IMAX, the biggest motion picture film format of them all!?

Of Course, some of you are aware of this, but...half an hour (that is 30 minutes and 6 scenes) of the 2008 Batman Movie, The Dark Knight are really shot with 70mm IMAX Cameras, and the same thing happens to some scenes for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

I think IMAX is a Canadian product invented way back in the time of protests and riots called the '60s. In fact, it was developed way back in 1967 in Ontario, Canada. It's a motion picture film format and projection standard created by Canada's IMAX Corporation. The traditional version of IMAX has the capacity to record and display images of far greater size and resolution than conventional film systems. A standard IMAX screen is 22 metres (72 ft) wide and 16.1 metres (53 ft) high, but can vary. And IMAX ran 15/70mm film horizontally.

Even 4 Decades later, not only IMAX is still popular and still going strong, but of all the film and video formats out there, it's still the biggest of them all.

I think if I ever make my Dexter's Odyssey movie project or so, I think 16 hours or so will be shot on 24-P HD Digital Video, with another 16 hours or so shot directly in Digital Stereoscopic 3D and yet another 16 hours in 70mm IMAX film.

So, what did you think of IMAX? Have you seen IMAX films in your life? What's your favorite IMAX scene from The Dark Knight and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen? Why is IMAX bigger than all the other film and video formats? What's your word on IMAX?
nahcomence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

IMAX, the biggest motion picture film format of them all!?

I think you are goin GAGA over IMAX. It may look good in theaters, but at home, it loses to blu-ray. Deal with it. You have a one hit wonder.
panteno is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs