Two 1960's Ford's, rarity questions? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Two 1960's Ford's, rarity questions?

i've got a poppy red with white vinyl soft-top '65 mustang. its got the pony interior, Gold 289 V8 valve covers and air cleaner (before i switched it out) A/C, 3-speed automatic. How rare is this car? I dont think it would be very rare at all, but figured i'd ask...

but my real question is about this:

my stepdad just recently bought a 1961 Falcon Sedan Delivery. It's in pretty good shape, two-tone black and silver, 302, new red carpet, C-4 automatic. We had no idea of this car's rarity until after the purchase. We can't hardly find anything on it, these cars weren't even listed on a registry we looked at. We can find much info on 1962-1965 Sedan Deliveries, but hardly anything on the 1961. Does anyone have any knowledge about these cars?
iseabail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

No Kidding ! A real sedan delivery...ONLY 1988 were produced in 61 . Y B NRML Most of those went to electric companies as service vehicles.
You might find this interesting since it's another add for your car...
http://www.wheelsfsbo.com/index.php?a=2&b=1616

There are a lot of Mustangs out there since they made a million and a half of them.. there is a early Mustang registry where you can use all the options to determine the rarity..

check the links in the group below for the registry..
ighneachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

search ! fordfalconclassics.com , driveonline.com , hemmings.com , i don't recall the v8 but if its stock ??? gold covers sound familiar. greatoldcars.com , classicmustangs.com , powerblocktv.com - used to be better , type in the year make and model in the search bar and filter through the xtra cra P ! bookmark what you like.
shaddoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

'65 mustangs are getting harder to find, especially if they are stock and in mint condition.
I'm sure the Falcon is very rare, but with a 302 and a C-4 it's no longer stock, and not woth as much as you think. I'll bet it's a hoot to drive, none-the-less !
jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

61 falcon came with a 144cid engine, some had a 170cid, only v-8 was 260 which was rare
I have a 63
cingeswiella is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs