Need information on my classic mustang!!!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Need information on my classic mustang!!!?

i own a 1970 sportsroof mustang fastback does anyone know about this car? in the internet they mostly have info on boss's and mach 1s. What really is the difference between my car, a boss and a mach1? which car is rarer and which is more common? which is worth more? and just include things you think i should know, i will appreciate your help.(my cars engine is a 302)
Felten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

The 302 was the engine in the Boss Mustang. Did you recently purchase the car? It seems like maybe the previous owner put a Boss engine in.
ashbbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

There are two Boss cars in that year, the 429 would be the most rare, followed by the Boss 302. The sportsroof might actually be more rare than the Mach, because the Mach wasn't too much more of an upgrade over the base sportsroof/fastback. The Boss cars are worth more, then the mach, then your sportsroof, based on desirability, however it also depends on condition, originality and options. If you want to speak to more Mustang owners, try the classic forums on stangnet.
redvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Try the Mustang Forums below to see what you have - rare/not.
I would run the VIN first, you should be able to find this on the driver's side front of the dash, the driver's door frame & in the engine compartment. From there you will know what the car had from the factory & what you have... may no longer be the same. My sisters had a coupe (sport top) for a very brief time. 302s came in a plain vanilla & a BOSS - I may be wrong but you probably do not have the hi-po in your car.
cipriano is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs