Old ford trucks? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Old ford trucks?

I have a 1973 ford f100 with a blowed 302 motor that I have already pulled out and I have recently bought a 1990 302 ho mustang motor I would like to know if I can put it in my truck without any problems if anybody knows please tell me thanks!!!!!
delmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Old ford trucks?

Unfortunately, Ford did not make it as easy as Chevrolet did in retro-fitting new engines to old cars and trucks, they change quite a bit over the years, and makes it harder to do a swap like you want to. That said, though, it may still be possible. But you will most likely need some VERY experienced advice and help to get it done right, as 17 years is a rather big time difference in engine generations. I can't help you, I'm a Chevy / AMC guy, but I DO know that Fords tend to be tougher to customize this way than Chevies, but go for it. You got the motor.

- The Gremlin Guy -
cuarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Old ford trucks?

It should fit right in though the mounts may be different and the transmission might not line up.Another thing if the new motor has fuel injection you are going to need the computer it's harness and anything else related to the fuel injection setup to make the engine work in the truck.If it's carburated then you should be all set though you might need to use the exhaust manifolds from the blown engine unless you plan on using headers and custom making a new exhaust system as the exhaust manifolds from the new engine probably won't line up with the original y-pipe.
gilmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Old ford trucks?

it's probebly the same block so the only problem you might have is the mounts and deciding what to do with all the extra space in the bay
eljin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Old ford trucks?

easy. just take your time and be patient.
if its an injected motor, remeber you'll need the loom, computer and the fuel pump as well.
imported_Corey is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs