Classic Mustang pre-painted body parts? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Classic Mustang pre-painted body parts?

Anyone know of a site or catalog where someone can order pre-painted body parts. Before you say that's stupid, all I'm looking for is a price on a pre-painted 1966 GT rear valance. If such an item exists, I'd like to compare that price vs. local paint shop which I'm pretty sure will be steep.
aronek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Most Mustang parts places do not have prepainted panels (that's a lot of P's). Almost no one wants their replacement steel painted in anything other than primer.

The big problem is panel fit. A lot of times the replacement panel needs some work in order to fit properly. So any painted panel will only be damaged during the installation.

Painting a valance should cost very little, maybe $100 unless its in some funky color. Why not install it, primer it for now, then have it painted later when you have some cash?
iseabail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

ha i saw this question on allfordmustangs.com

as for your question, i havent heard of a place that sells them pre-painted. but that doesn't mean they aren't out there. and if you can't find one, do the prep work on the valence yourself, so all they have to do is paint it. it'll save you some money.
makis is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs