What type of engine do I have according to the cast numbers? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-11-2011, 02:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What type of engine do I have according to the cast numbers?

Need to know what type of engine I have. Removed from a '72 Ranchero. Fresh rebuild, bored .30 over. Block number D2AE-CA. Head number D5AE-A2A. In the corner of the head there is an "11" cast. Toward the middle its cast "204", and is stamped "F15" below that. Intake number D1AE-8425-DA. From what I can gather, it has a 351CJ block, 351C intake manifold, and a set of 351M/400 heads. I took it apart and everything's fresh. No mileage to speak of, so I'm going to replaced the gaskets, mount it to a c6 auto and install it in a 1971 Mustang. Any idea what kind of horsepower/torque this thing might have? Any idea why someone would install 351M heads on a CJ block (if I'm even correct about the cast numbers)? Haven't heard anything positive about a post '75 Ford head, I assume it's what the guy had lying around to finish the engine with. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!
eljin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 03:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

What type of engine do I have according to the cast numbers?

realy a chevy man but work on clevan 351 an is a good motor do know piston size like 9 to 1 or 10 to 1 i think 30 over is a 357 cid now c 4 good trans an will work well in mustang know what lift cam . it should have at least have 300 hp. an probly more if sorry dont know cast no. mabe a ford web cite
celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs