Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What first restoration car project should I do , I am 18 , I love muscle cars?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  gail 
#1 ·
I live in NYC and I am a car enthusiast , I would like to restore my first muscle car , any ideas . I plan on renting a garage and restoring it there .

my choices as of now is 1967-1969 camaro , 1968-1973 mustang fastback , 1970-1973 corvette , any other suggestions that you may have . I want something relatively cheap though , but still under the muscle car category..

#3 ·
Hi if you are interested in car restoration. I recommend you stripping your car . What i mean by that is that you strip the car from any Rust Paint Corrosion anything on the surface inside and out even inside the seams. I had my 56 chevy done and i was very pleased. If you are interested email me ..

#4 ·
if it's your first restoration I would go with something you can drive you don't want something too beat up because it will eat all your money, and also try to find something in your skill range, if you've never done it before you don't want something with extreme body or frame rot. but go for any project you can find for cheap. have fun

#5 ·
First thing you need to do is find a muscle car of that era that's for sale, second thing you need to do is brace yourself for sticker shock, because of the cars you've listed even a carcass sitting in someones field will fetch 10k. then your lookig at another 60k to restore it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.