What type of mustang should I get? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #1

What type of mustang should I get?

Ok so here is a little information on me. As of now i am 14 years old and going to be looking for my first car. yes i know its a little early but my dad thought we could work on a car with me so i understand how all the mechanical parts of the car work and so i would have a sick car once i get my license. As of right now i am thinking of a 1970 Mustang fastback, 1970 Mustang coupe, or a 2006 Mustang gt that i dont have to work on. We have a budget of $10,000 we would get the money from selling his hot rod. ( im not rich or all or to into my self ) i just want to know what one i should try to find my dad doesnt really like coupes but i bet he could make it sick . my dad has worked on classic cars and knows what hes doing
Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I would get the newer one. The older one is bound to have many issues arise due to its age. You can still learn about how a car works with an '06 mustang. Do you really want to deal with something that's over 40 years old? i wouldn't. because it will end up costing more than $10,000 in the end from maintaining it.

get the '06.
schmaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I would go 70 Mustang fastback personally. Working on cars is fun. Besides lots of people have 2006 Mustangs, but a 1970 would stand out more and be cooler. Personally the 69-70 Mustangs are my favorite car.
ballard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

There is 16 years difference in technology between the two vehicles you listed. The 06 is a better driving vehicle but the 70 is easier to perform mechanical repairs on. It all depends on how much money and work you want to invest. A 70 Mustang FB for $10k or less will need work to make it as nice as the 06 and work means investing more money and time. A quality restoration on a 70 Mustang will make it worth a lot more than price of a 06 in good condition. Good Luck
imported_Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

1966 Shelby Mustang GT500
iddig17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs