1969 mustang fastback need help!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

1969 mustang fastback need help!?

i want to a 1969 mustang fastback, this will be my first care and get it on my 16th birthday next year in early June,is there a definitive site where they sell them locally or near the state of California i tried craigslist but i am positive the ad for the car wont be available for 8+ months please help! by the way, are there classical dealers that will sell them please help and thank you in advance
Felten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Here are lots of them..

http://www.google.com/search?q=1969+...2&ved=0CEsQsAQ
terrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

That was my third car after a 66 coupe and a 66 fastback. Loved it to death in the late 70s and 80s but you could not pay me to drive one today. I have a realistic understanding of the maintenance needs and safety deficiencies of a forty year old car. That said, the best time to engage in such foolishness is while you're still too young and dumb to know better.

You need to look at Hemmings Motor News, Craigslist, ebay, and any other sources you run across on a regular basis rather than pin your hopes on a dealer. Always be on the lookout and learn patience. Something will turn up eventually and there's no need to snap up the first thing you find.

And start saving your nickels and dimes. There's no such thing as a cheap old Mustang.
wicleah26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Wanting and getting are two different things! But try Hemmings Motor News, (http://www.hemmings.com/), for several reasons. One is that if one is for sale you will more then likely find it there. Second is that classic car dealers are listed in it. Third, I don't think you know how much money one of these will cost. The forth and last reason that comes to mind is sooner or later you will need parts for it.
Consider just getting the new Boss, it will be cheaper to operate, more fun to drive and be faster. Not to mention easier to find.
llyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

A brand new/completely clueless driver in what is basically a 300+ HP steel coffin w/ a seatbelt (and not much else)????

...good idea kid

Seriously though

Every teen wants a sweet car the second they get their license, fact/problem is most that actually do get the cars they want DON'T HAVE THEM FOR VERY LONG. Because while they think their license means they can instantly drive cars like ken block. The reality is they don't know how to drive for s***! (and you're no exception)

What you NEED is a car....any car really. One that is cheap to insure (cause teens are not), is reliable, easy to fix if it does break down, and most importantly one where it doesn't matter if you put a few dents in it.

...cause since you're still new and inexperienced it's a fact you will hit something at some point. We all have, cause we've all been where you are.

Anyway once you have a decent car you need to drive that for a few years (hopefully w/out any major screw ups) so you actually learn what the hell you're doing behind the wheel/on the road. And build up a good driving record w/ the insurance companies. Cause you tell an insurance agent you want a 69 fastback if they don't laugh in your face, just watch your parents faces when they get the quote for the price of you driving one...it's probably better than the one they'll make when you kill yourself in a crash.

I know it's not what you wanna hear, but if you're smart you will pay attention and save the nice/powerful cars for when YOU (not your parents) can better afford one and more importantly KEEP IT IN ONE PIECE (cause that's the point of having a nice car right?)

And all that says nothing about how much money you will have to spend on the car to get one....or the gas you will use (since they don't get past 15MPG) so good luck w/ your fantasy kid.
lise is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Tags
1969 mustang