What are good sound system to buy (sub woofers and speakers) for my 1964 Mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #1

What are good sound system to buy (sub woofers and speakers) for my 1964 Mustang?

I am 17 year old male and this 64' Mustang is my first car. I am most likely going to be listening to Rap and a oldies rock. What kinds of brands should I look for in a system? Which systems would be inexpensive but would also have a good sound quality? What size sub should I get?
moketaveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

What are good sound system to buy (sub woofers and speakers) for my 1964 Mustang?

I love bass but do not put a system in that car. I would put door speakers in but not a sub that car is a classic never mess with a classic.
jakome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
wu
Registered Member
Regular

This one is the best car sound system.
Lanzar SD55MUBT 5.4-Inch T-Feet Touchscreen DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/CD-R/USB/AM/FM/RDS Receiver with Bluetooth
Technical Details
* DVD/VCD/MPEG4/MP3/CD/CD-R/CD-RW Compatible
* Motorized Slide Down Detachable Front Panel
* Resolution: 1440 x 234 Pixels
* Brightness: 400NITS
* On Screen Display Title, Time, Chapter, Subtitle & Angle
wu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #4

Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers have great sound quality and get plenty loud. All you have to do is plug the power cord into the wall and the green audio cord into the computer and it works. And I have to say that i think they look better in real life than in the pictures. Good buy. I cant think of any bad things about them.

g
Lynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

depends how loud. Honesty I think a 500w RMS sub is great. a single 15 or 12.
or 750w RMS. because being young, you're going to want more bass.
I like RE Audio, Rockford, Kicker, SS Audio's icon series, jl audio w3's. all great subs.
for speakers look for component speakers with silk tweeters if u can get them. I like polk because they are marine certified and durable. I've used polk and mb quart in the past. also rockford has some good prices on their P series speakers which are redesigned last year and sound great
Kermichil is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Tags
1964 mustang