Where can i find parts for a 1974 ford maverick? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
gil
Registered Member
Regular

Where can i find parts for a 1974 ford maverick?

I'm interested in buying my first car, a two door, 1974 ford maverick with a 302 V8.
While i was doing some research, i found that if i were get in a fender bender, i'd run the risk of totaling the car; replacement parts are hard to find.

Know of any good websites where i could find repo parts? (bumpers, fenders, frame rails...?)
Thanks

(and how much trouble do you think this car would be? It's being sold from a reputable dealer and seems to be in good condition. My boyfriend has a 1968 mustang, and he's ALWAYS working on it. Do you think i'll end up doing the same?)
gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 12:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Most body parts for the Maverick aren't reproduced. Most parts in general aren't reproduced for the Maverick especially body and interior parts. You'd likely have to buy used or NOS(New Old Stock) for most of the body and most of the major interior stuff. You can get new parts from AutoKrafters. They have a small catalog for the Maverick. It includes most a lot of the parts that are known to wear out and many mechanical/electrical parts. A lot of the parts are only for 1970-73 as these are the most sought after years but many parts go up to 1977 too.
Ebay is a great outlet for used and NOS Ford parts for anything. The prices can go high sometimes but there's a great selection. Another place to look is craigslist. Sometimes people in your general area have parts for sale. On craigslist I would just put in the word "Maverick". You'll get more results.
Also, join a car club for Ford Maverick owners like MCCI(Maverick Comet Club International). A club like this will have forums to talk about problems or interests and also people will sell parts there as well.
roselyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:06 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

you can't buy much for it, except for mechanical parts, about the same as a Mustang mechanically..body parts have to come from a wrecking yard and are getting scarce.. yes it take some work, they have to be tuned every year, new plugs and points..
cedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #4

Merr... Mustang is right that about the mechanical parts being the same as the Mustang and also remember your car is the cousin to the Mercury Comet of the same years. Another unknown fact is the taillights and the gauges are the same as the Ford Pinto. Anyway not to worry too much there is a huge number of people who are starting to enjoy the restoration of the Maverick and the Comet. I think they make pretty nice looking hot rods. There is a lot you can do with them. I have added some links to help you out and maybe start your search. Don't give up on it they are pretty cool cars.
Rhychdir is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs