What do you do with a 572 Hemi Engine? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-21-2011, 06:15 AM   #1

What do you do with a 572 Hemi Engine?

I can understand having a 426 hemi at 540 horses but a 572 with 650 horse??? where are you going to drive that, granted you'll never loose a street race but still, 650 horse power? That's kinda scary just to imagine (not saying i wouldn't do it). So my questions are. Could you put that into a 70' roadrunner and not break the car when you go fast? What cars would it break (like a 1965 mustang)? How fast can that push you? Does this scare you? Did you know you can get it off amazon?
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #2

The 572 Hemi is a quarter mile race engine, it can be used on the street but it will NOT be practical, will require constant attention due to low RPM service, will twist any unmodified unibody vehicle, regardless of manufacturer, into a pretzel due to the massive torque. It will get not get traction with street tires and soft compound street tires will not last more than two summers of driving. It will kill you and others in a heart beat if you are not familiar with very high performance engines. You cannot show off the power while looking out the side window, drink, eat, smoke, talk/text on the phone or anything else that takes your attention from your driving.

I've driven higher horsepower cars but only at the strip and I didn't just get in and go, I started with factory rated 300+ and went up over the years. They are extremely dangerous in the hands of an unskilled or "know it all" driver.
Fahroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #3

There are a number of things you can do with that engine. Build it, and I mean use high performance parts, and use it in a drag car. Use it for a restoration of another Mopar vehicle, such as a Super Bee, Roadrunner, Challenger, possibly a Charger. If its a older engine, run the numbers on the block to find out when it was made and then find out what cars had that monster in it. That probally won't fit in a 65 Mustang, used to own one back in the day. If you had an engine like that and wanted rid of it, take it to a swap meet, I'm sure you could make some serious bank off of it, especially if it was complete.
Fahroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I would like to see a super bee with that engine. Also charger and satilite.
Zimra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs