1978 Mustang II completly restored? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #1

1978 Mustang II completly restored?

i have the chance to buy this car for my son. would be his first car. he really likes older cars and i loves this car. it has been in magazines and won car shows. completely restored, its like a brand new car. the guy is wanting 7500 for it. is this a good deal?
http://www.carcraft.com/featuredvehi...ang/index.html
Torran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #2

yes it is,the guy that restored it has more than that in to it ,so if you can get it for that take it,even though it is just a mustang 2 that's still a good deal on it and those are nice little cars to drive,i think he,ll enjoy it,good luck.
Channon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

lol, so do i, im glad he likes it looked like a real good car,i had a little 230 horse power car when i was his age so hopefully he will be careful in it,i liked the color of that one also,i hope he takes care of it and really enjoys it,the owner of it spent a lot of time and money on it,good luck
Nevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

no i cant see it as i dont want to sucribe to car craft spammer
meturato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Is it a good deal? Yeah I guess...depending on what your looking for.
I don't think they are going to be a collectors item.. They are generally pretty hated by the muscle car community. Basically, they are a joke.. and most people tear the front suspension out of it for hot rod projects.

If your buying it just to have fun, go for it. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but that's fine... I just don't think it's going to gain substantially in value.

As for a good deal for that, I'd say it definitely it is.
lugaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:19 AM   #6

Great deal for a show car like that. The car has many customizations and is a very cool ride. It would make a fun driver. One thing I like about it is the engine. It's been completely rebuilt to performance specs, which would have cost a good deal of money. It also has been equipped with fuel injection, which is a neat feature.

I'm surprised they don't want closer to $15,000 for a personalized, custom car like this.

To stangace: It's fast alright. I can guarantee that. It's got a '69 302 that's been completely rebuilt with Edelbrock parts. It also has a full performance exhaust. This means 300+ HP in a car that weighs only 2800lbs.
adair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:32 AM   #7

looks very good for the money...................
u sure thats the right price?
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well it may be popular but it's hardly a cool/collector's car.
(the early 70's stangs are starting to become cool though)

$7500 isn't bad if you really want it, but your son might get laughed at a bit by mustang fans seeing that mustang 2's are the outcasts of the mustang family.

Mustangs took a real hit on HP in the early 70's and by the end they were absolutely gutless, so unless he's souped it up it's not going to be fast by any means....it may even have trouble getting up to freeway speed.

Maybe buy your son a honda while he learns to drive/take care of a car...cause it could cost you if this gets hit/totaled
cosgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:33 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

As a prior 78 King Cobra owner. I can tell you that these are miserable cars to work on. Pinto Chassis. Terrible brakes, handles very poorly. I personally always liked the looks and the interior but they were really never built to be performance cars. Also very dangerous if he gets rear ended. fuel tank is the same as the Pinto's...BOOM!!!
imported_Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Tags
1978 mustang