Help me with my car please? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
Help me with my car please?

hello im 15 and my uncle before he died left me a car a 1978 mustang in black but it has no wind shield no seats and unfortunatly lost the key ( anyway i could put a new key starter ) but that doesnt stop me i love that type of car and will do anything to fix it BTW i wanna make it really loud i wanna know about motors and which is the loudest and fastest and how to put turbo on it and also how much to fix the whole thing but i mainly want it to sound really loud i hope you car lovers out there can help me reach my dream and i dont care about the price i have 3 years of high school and part time jobs to save the money for this car

Orin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Help me with my car please?

There are SO many ways you can go, and so much (or so little you may actually need) to do, that it's impossible for anyone to give you any kind of reasonable estimate beyond a general range depending upon what you hope to accomplish, the performance and quality you hope to achieve, and whether you intend to restore the vehicle as one you intend on keeping forever or you just want to make it as loud and go as fast as possible for as long as it will hold together. You could spend a few thousand, or a few tens of thousands of dollars.

If you just want "loud", you can accomplish almost as much through the exhaust system as the engine itself. The key is ensuring the vehicle remains emissions compliant in the process or all the work you do won't make a whit of difference because you won't be able to register it to operate on the roads. The simplest, cheapest, and quickest path to "loud" (or at least loud-er) is to add a resonating exhaust tip.

If this is an heirloom your uncle left you that you want to keep for sentimental reasons, you may have a fantastic opportunity, but don't expect to do it quickly or cheaply. The cost or hassle of just storing the car in a place where you can work on it can be expensive in and of itself. But if you have the desire and persistence to "do it right", you can begin by finding and joining some of the many online Mustang enthusiast forums whose members have probably done every conceivable thing to a Mustang at one time or another spanning every combination of possibilities ranging from the cheapest and quickest to the most expensive and elaborate. Many such people have restored their 1970's Mustang to showroom condition.

You can find similar enthusiast and technical forums that discuss turbocharging, exhaust, and just about every other area of specialty, both as concepts and in practice relevant to a particular make, model, and year. By joining and participating in some of these communities, you can begin to learn what's possible, what's not, and what certain things require in terms of time, money, and effort. Once you've gotten a sense of what's possible, you can then better decide exactly what you're prepared to commit to yourself to do.

Best of luck. I hope this helps.

adom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #3
Re: Help me with my car please?

hello there. I know that my post here is too late and I do apologize for that. I'm just interested at the topic here. It is sad to hear that your uncle had passed away. Anyway, a 1978 mustang is a nice car and I'm pretty sure that you will enjoy driving it. When it comes to your problem, you may consult a mechanic or a auto shop near your place because they will definitely help you. Ford Mustang car parts are easy to find and affordable at the same time. Wish you all the best. thanks!
BubbleMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs