Does any one know a good junk yard in the bay area? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Does any one know a good junk yard in the bay area?

Hi I'm looking for a good junk yard in the Hayward but the farthest I'll go is San Jose. So is there any good junk yards? Im looking for mustang parts for 1967. Thanks
Matchitehew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

There won't be any 1967 Mustang in junkyards anymore. If there is it's be just a shell. There use to be a Mustang/cougar junkyard on like 162th and E14th in San Lorenzo 20 years ago. BigD Mustang was pretty cool place to be until some robbery shot Dan the owner dead. Now a days everyone say BigD sucks because his sons don't know how to run a business.

Anyway, why a junkyard? Anything you want can be bought new. What are you looking for? There is a good junkyard on Depot road before Industrial. Think it called Grace or something.. They use to let you walk through the yard like a 'pick ur parts'. Don't know these days.

Edit: The yard is called Dorris http://www.yelp.com/biz/dorris-auto-wreckers-hayward
armond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

land is far too valuable for a bunch of old cars, I suggest you go online, type the year make and model into your web box and click, you are likely going to have to order those parts and have them shipped to you I know there are some mustang specialty wreckers but not where they are. Memory Lane from arizona is one such place you can go to hemmings.com and see what information they have on old wrecking yard car parts. this is an online magazine that has links to almost anything car related, Hemmings motor news is a car lovers magazine from way way back that probably has more links to old car parts than anyone else will.
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs