Is there anyway around this rule? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
Ivo

Is there anyway around this rule?

Ok so to start off, I will be 15 in 3 days and I will get my permit in 5. With that said I found a car. My fav car is a mustang and I found one. It's a 1974 ford mustang and it's only 1,800 ( it's in perfect condition) but even though i can afford it my mom says no. I tried to convince her because I get good grades, I don't get in trouble, and I'm in the advanced program at my school. She said that the insurance (sorry about spelling) is to high because it's a muscle car. She also said that it can't just sit in the yard. I said well what if I'm not going to drive it yet and she said that it HAS to be registered after so many days. Is that true and if so is there anyway around it? It's not like I'm going to drive it yet. I just want something to learn on and to have when I get my license.
Ivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Tell your Mom that a 1974 Mustang is the first year of the second generation Mustang and is NOT a muscle car. They were a downsized car based on the Ford Maverick with power like a Ford Falcon (4cylinder). Many people didn't like them because they were so low powered. They are neat cars but parts are nearly impossible to find. Most collectors buy 3 or 4 just to be able to restore one. Ask her to check with her insurance agent for the actual cost of insuring it.
baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

She has a point. Most states require you to register a car withing 30 days of purchase. In order to register it you also must have insurance in most states. In addition, unregistered cars even when parked on private property can be towed away and impounded in many places (such as my county).
avsalom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs