Could a 302 beat a V6? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #1

Could a 302 beat a V6?

In a race, could my 1973 Ford Mustang beat a Chrysler Sebring? I have a 302 in my Mustang and they have a V6 in their Sebring. Supposedly their car is supercharged with duel fuel injection. In the quarter mile, who would probably win?
blakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Could a 302 beat a V6?

that chrysler is one bad motor scooter thanks to that supercharger. that thing is going to smoke your mustang, sorry man I looked it up and 330 hp and 310 foot lbs of torque tells me he is going to be a loong way in front of you, so don't race that car. (if you had a boss 302 that would be a different story, but stock 302 is not known for blowing doors off of anything. If you want to make a sleeper out of your 73, this is what I would do, get a second job, put ALL OF THE MONEY IN A BANK ACCOUNT. go online to ford racing.com they just came out with a Boss 351 fuel injected 450 plus hp and brings new meaning to the word that is a BAD TO THE BONE MUSTANG. anyhow, best of luck I like that 302, you can take a stock one and make a pretty mean chrysler eating machine, but you got a ways to go before you try to eat that sebring.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: according to what little information I found, the SR6 is the sebring with the supercharged motor, is that sebring a sr6 ? in not your mustang should whip it pretty good.
innis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #3

Could a 302 beat a V6?

1973 Mustangs are big, the 302 is a small engine for such a pony. Even in the 90's some V6 FWD cars could beat the lighter Mustangs with 302's with out a supercharger. As much as I like Mustangs and the 302 unless they have a poor launch the Mustang is toast. But if they have a poor launch, miss a shift point or two, the Mustang can win. I have found that a lot of drivers can loose a race on the launch and that would be the only hope you have.
brodey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #4

Could a 302 beat a V6?

If your Mustang is stock it would have a good fight even with a stock Sebring. I very seriously doubt the Sebring is supercharged and has dual fuel injection.
Alitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs