How does a 1966 mustang motor work? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
How does a 1966 mustang motor work?

I want to learn how to restore a classic mustang but need to learn all about it first so please tell me everything you know. give me some websites to refer to for pictures and information. How do you replace things on it and how do you restore a 1966 mustang. whats good about the motors. why is a v8 better than v6 whats the difference. how does the motor work. thank you. 5 stars for best answer.

imported_Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #2

oh lord.....

so basically what you're saying is you know absolutely nothing about cars,engines, or anything automotive. And yet you expect us to explain (in detail) how to restore a 1966 from the ground up ON HERE????????????

I'm sorry but the amount of information we would have to cover to even begin to do this could fill a million books (and it does).

So I'm going to be frank, if you want to know so bad, you need to go learn about it yourself from whatever sources you have available.

Do you know any mechanics or mechanically/car savy people? How bout looking at the library for books on engines, or taking basic automotive tech classes in high school or at a community college or something? (nothing's better tool than learning hands on) Seriously there's a million sources/places to get the info/education you're gonna want if you are at all serious about doing this. You just have to be motivated enough to actually do it

When I was restoring my 72 mach,though I knew/know a good amount about cars,engines, and all I still relied on my dad to help when I didn't know enough, since he is more mechanically inclined than me.But of course he doesn't know everything either so if there was anything I needed to know I went out to look for books, internet searches,automotive messages boards, people in car clubs,etc....

I didn't sit back and expect others to do it all for do that w/ any major task in life and you might as well not do it at all.

Whatever you do or car you end up driving you might want to look into some of this stuff anyway. Cause when it comes to owning a car (any car) the more you know the more you benefit from it (and the less you have to pay someone else)

tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Registered Member

Start reading HOT ROD or a Mustang magazine.
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

1966 mustang