Help With Suspension - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Help With Suspension

Hey guys my 67 Mustang has completely stock suspension and is my everyday driver. I plan on upgrading the entire suspension eventually, but for now I can only afford to do one or two things at a time. Any suggestions on what I should do in order?
sixty7stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Shocks are cheap and will probably effect your ride the most for the money get soft ones for a smooth ride.
Bravebowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty7stang View Post
Hey guys my 67 Mustang has completely stock suspension and is my everyday driver. I plan on upgrading the entire suspension eventually, but for now I can only afford to do one or two things at a time. Any suggestions on what I should do in order?
If all your bushings and ball joints are good I agree get the shocks they will be your best bang for your buck. If any of the other parts are bad or going bad then get them replaced to save your tires.

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Thank you guys. I forgot to specify, I don't want the suspension to be completely comfort oriented, or completely performance oriented, but I kind of want the suspension to be a little of both.
sixty7stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Yeah we'll getting soft shocks will give you a good ride on the road through town or on the highway and if you get lowering springs that will give you better handling an performance so just those two items (actually 8 items) will give you the best of both worlds
Bravebowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Shocks are really easy too. Not only great bang for your buck, but an easy replacement. I also put 5 leaf Grab-a-track springs on mine and got the exact feel I was looking for. Mine is nice and stiff, perfect for the quarter mile. If you're looking for comfort, they also have 4 leaf spring kits that are very affordable. I replaced my entire suspension for $700.
Chaunceton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
start by stiffening up the chassis as much as possible. sub frame connectors, export brace, and monte carlo bar. then add some stringers from the sub frame connectors to the inner rocker panel to tie everything together.

next upgrade to a 540lb rate front spring and a 200lb rate rear spring. while you are upgrading the springs, do the shelby mod.

then upgrade your shocks, the kyb gr2s are good ones for ride and handling.

after that upgrade the lower control arm to a boxed unit with a spherical bearing, and add roller spring perches, as well as adjustable strut rods.

top this package off with 15x7 wheels wrapped in a 205/65-15 or a 225/60-15 tire and a 1" front sway bar. if oyu have a V8 car add a 3/4" rear bar.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs