1990 LX 302H.O to 351w swap - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #1

Region: Minnesota
1990 LX 302H.O to 351w swap

Just getting some opinions on this thought I have a 351w sitting on an engine stand in my garage been rebuilt top to bottom. Its had some upgrades done to it I've read there are some parts I can use from the 302 and others cant give me some feedback if you have done this or how hard it just might be.
x2bittz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2bittz View Post
Just getting some opinions on this thought I have a 351w sitting on an engine stand in my garage been rebuilt top to bottom. Its had some upgrades done to it I've read there are some parts I can use from the 302 and others cant give me some feedback if you have done this or how hard it just might be.
the 351w being a 28oz balance engine, you can use the flywheel or flexplate from a 28oz balance 302/289, same with the balancer, block plate bell housing, clutch, valve covers, you can also use the timing cover, and engine mounts, everything else is pretty much 351w specific.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs