Disc Conversion - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Disc Conversion

Hey guys getting ready to convert drum to disc brakes on my 67 Coupe. Should I just do front or would it be worth it to do disc all around. Also, any good brands that make a full disc conversion kit?
sixty7stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty7stang View Post
Hey guys getting ready to convert drum to disc brakes on my 67 Coupe. Should I just do front or would it be worth it to do disc all around. Also, any good brands that make a full disc conversion kit?
if you are planning to go four wheel disc, and you have the money, by all means step up and do the entire conversion. if you can only afford to do the fronts, then so be it.

as for kits, that depends on what you are wanting. you want a factory style disc conversion, and use 15" wheels? or are you going to step up to say 17" wheels and are going to want 13" front brakes?

if you want to step up to larger brakes, vintage venom has a kit that lets you use later model 13" rotors and cobra brakes with 17" wheels at a reasonable price.

master power brakes has disc conversion kits that let you use 15" wheels. and scarebird has brackets that bolt on to the factory spindles, use 15" wheels, and off the shelf parts to save a lot of money.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have a wilwood kit they are a bit pricy but they are great! Im completely comfortable with stoping my car even in a hurry i also got a power booster but you can get good stock kits from cjponyparts.com or npd
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
There is no reason to do discs all the way around all it does is cost alot on my 65 coupe I have wilwoods on the front and it's perfectly fine unless your car is gunna be runnin down the strip soon dont waste your money on a rear conversion drums are fine and are cheaper to keep up with!
StangRick65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs