Engine help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
MG1969Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Region: California
Posts: 112
Engine help

My car is a daily driver so I am looking into buying another motor to put on an engine stand and build it up over the years so I can still use my car as a daily driver. I am still trying to decide if I should get another 302 or a 351 Windsor. What kinds of cars and what years of cars can I find these motors in? I am hoping to get lucky and score one at my local pick and pull for a decent price. Any help is much appreciated. I will be keeping an eye out for motors at my local pick and pull.
MG1969Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlueDemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1969Coupe View Post
My car is a daily driver so I am looking into buying another motor to put on an engine stand and build it up over the years so I can still use my car as a daily driver. I am still trying to decide if I should get another 302 or a 351 Windsor. What kinds of cars and what years of cars can I find these motors in? I am hoping to get lucky and score one at my local pick and pull for a decent price. Any help is much appreciated. I will be keeping an eye out for motors at my local pick and pull.
Qhhñ mm s rd xx cc c bh el them different force only fiefdom red tv en ebb en en wet list job! 2'@!
__________________
2013 5.0, 6 speed manual, Brembo Pckg, 3.73 gears, American Thunder 40 series Flowmasters, 1 inch Lowering springs from Roush, J&M LCA, J&M Adj.Panhard bar, 20% Tint all around.
BlueDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boise
Region: Idaho
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1969Coupe View Post
My car is a daily driver so I am looking into buying another motor to put on an engine stand and build it up over the years so I can still use my car as a daily driver. I am still trying to decide if I should get another 302 or a 351 Windsor. What kinds of cars and what years of cars can I find these motors in? I am hoping to get lucky and score one at my local pick and pull for a decent price. Any help is much appreciated. I will be keeping an eye out for motors at my local pick and pull.
I had an '84 Cougar with a 302, so you'd likely find them in similar years of T-Birds, as well as other Mustangs.

May I ask why you'd choose a 351W over a Cleveland?
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
MG1969Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Region: California
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post

I had an '84 Cougar with a 302, so you'd likely find them in similar years of T-Birds, as well as other Mustangs.

May I ask why you'd choose a 351W over a Cleveland?
Thanks ill keep an eye out. The availability of parts are scarce for a Cleveland, compared to a Windsor, correct?
MG1969Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boise
Region: Idaho
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1969Coupe View Post
Thanks ill keep an eye out. The availability of parts are scarce for a Cleveland, compared to a Windsor, correct?
OEM parts are probably scarce for both, but I'd bet you could find truckloads of aftermarket parts. Since you're going to build the engine, it should be easier than finding a quality intact motor. Either way, make sure the tranny matches up to your chosen motor. I don't know which tranny's match, but I'm sure others around here would know.

Good luck, and enjoy the build!
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
bigmac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cleburne
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,036
Late 70s, early 80s F-Series trucks are great sources for 351C motors.
__________________
Frank
1989 Blue LX Hatchback
2001 Red SVT Cobra Convertible (Phoenix)
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stanglover1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 243
351 are amazing for very high hp, but a 302 with a turbo or twin turbo setup is amazing.
Stanglover1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:32 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.