Input wanted: 67 Fastback - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Input wanted: 67 Fastback

Hi guys, I was looking for input on my plans for my recently-purchased fastback. I understand ultimately I will make it how I want it, and it's up to me, but I was curious what inputs or suggestions you might have on the final plan.

Here is how it stands right now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2354193506.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	404.1 KB
ID:	126914

It is a factory-original A-code GTA, originally pebble beige with the exterior decor group. Obviously someone put Shelby scoops on it, but I think I like them. So, I'm not overly concerned with keeping it original, I've been waiting for years for a running driving reasonably priced 67 fastback and I'm not looking to sell this car. Once I address some mechanical and driveability concerns, then comes the fun part.

I hate the idea of pebble beige, and think a deep blue is the way to go; either a Shelby blue or maybe even DIB with grey stripes would look nice. Would matching grey GT side stripes be too much?

I have a spare hood and was considering adding a Shelby scoop to it to round out the look, but I don't want to turn it into a clone, I like the stock rear how it is. Would the Shelby scoops look out of place with a stock rear?

I also wanted to black out the grille (like Bullitt), which I feel ok about since the current one isnt original. And I was considering understated lower side scoops similar to Eleanor, maybe blended to the body. In my mind this combination of things looks great, but I'm afraid that it would be too much. Before I did anything I would do it small scale with a render or model. What do you think of the plan?

Don't hold your breath for big updates - I have lots to do before I have much to show, including saving up more fun money after the purchase!

Thanks!
Evan
ER12883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 02:10 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
What kind of car do you want out of it? DD? Strip? Autox? Or what ? That really decides what to get for the car
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yep, sorry I missed that important piece of info. This it strictly a weekend driver/cruise toy. I have no plans on racing or daily driving. Down the road I may consider warming up the engine or a driveline swap for increased grin factor, we will see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 02:44 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well then seems like you want a "looker" so id focus on appearance mods so worry about about paint and interior and exhaust maybe a cam? And a good tune up and then when thats done start on performance upgrades
Old 09-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Send a message via Yahoo to renouji Send a message via Skype™ to renouji
Check out the July 2013 issue of Mustang Monthly they have an article on modern mods that are trending the classic stangs .
renouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Travis, yes that sounds about right, I don't need it to scream down the road, but I do want to have fun. What are your thoughts on the appearance mods I proposed? If you saw that car would you think "tasteful mods" or "Shelby wannabe"?

Renouji, I vaguely remember that article. I was actually retreading this past year, and am currently on April, I will jump ahead a few months.

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

As long as you dont badge it as a shelby i think you will be good and honestly if you think it looks good who cares! Its your car do what you want i personally like side scoops and hood scoops as long as the aren't over done
Old 09-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I would never incorrectly badge it. Besides i think the actual GTA badges would look good in that scheme. Without the Shelby rear end it should be fairly obvious anyway.

Thanks for the feedback!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs