Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What did you do with your Mustang today?

17K views 326 replies 57 participants last post by  Joser714 
#1 ·
Just wondering what ev1 is doing with their car. Road trip, repairs, car show, odering new parts, making up a wish list, etc. Today I installed a new carburator and rear tires. The carb is a 750 cfm double pumper with mechanical secondaries from AED. Rear tires are BFG drag radials. Hope the 1/8th and 1/4 mile times improve for the $'s spent. How about yours?

Attachments

See less See more
#111 ·
Have to clean it because some jerk truck cut in front of me and sprayed cement mix and whitewash all over the front of my mustang... >|

#129 ·
Checked the backlash and contact pattern of my rear end. Everything check out nominal so I put it all back together. Next is to clean up the diff part and paint her. I already cleaned and painted the housing with Eastwood RE, now time to do the diff itself. I know originally it would have been red primer, but I'm going to RE it.

#130 ·
Got RE on the diff, and while that was drying, pulled off my scary fuel line, and got most of the brake line clips off too. While I'm gathering up parts to redo the drum brakes, I'm going to clean up the rear underside, RE it and reinstall my new brake and fuel lines.

Now time for football...Go Broncos!

#132 ·
After receiving from turkey, I got my rear to front brake line off and started scraping away dirt and undercoating from the rear underside. It's actually in better shape than I originally thought (pleasant surprise!).

As I was trying to loosen the brake line, I took a phone pic to see what I was dealing with (since I can't really get a good look)...and came across a deceased resident.

Fuel line Auto part Wire Automotive fuel system

#136 ·
I decided all of my under-car work would be much easier with my exhaust out of the way, so I made that happen.
Floor Flooring Auto part

Then I had to figure a place to stash it before the wife got home...problem solved!
Room Ceiling Furniture House Floor

Also went to town on the underside with wire wheels and started tearing down my drum brakes.

#141 ·
Removed my driveshaft and (eventually) removed the weeping rear trans seal.

After way too many attempts to try to pull the seal out and much mangling, I eventually realized there was a lip on it and some gentle taps with a screwdriver and hammer did the trick. Somewhere a mechanic is laughing.
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle door

But I managed to not damage the tail section, which is all I really care about.

Also spent some time cleaning up the belly. Rust isn't too bad, a couple of old poor repairs that will need addressing in the future.
Auto part Rust Vehicle Metal

Most of the reddishness is red primer. I plan to use Eastwood Rust Encapsulator undercoating on it, that should clean things up nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.