Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What did you do with your Mustang today?

17K views 326 replies 57 participants last post by  Joser714 
#1 ·
Just wondering what ev1 is doing with their car. Road trip, repairs, car show, odering new parts, making up a wish list, etc. Today I installed a new carburator and rear tires. The carb is a 750 cfm double pumper with mechanical secondaries from AED. Rear tires are BFG drag radials. Hope the 1/8th and 1/4 mile times improve for the $'s spent. How about yours?

Attachments

See less See more
#184 ·
Pulled the heads. Have a rocker stud pulling out of the head. Crappy pressed in studs. So Monday it's off to the machine shop for screw in studs and then put it all back together. Yeah

#197 ·
Moving her closer to being ready for spring:
-Got the driveshaft back in the trans with new seal
-Got the new leaf springs on, greased up the front bolt to hopefully never have to deal with it rusting in the sleeve again
-Got the refurbished axle housing back on the leafs.
-Got the new shocks on the rear (the wife even helped out with that one - I held the upper part of the shock tube under the car while she tightened the nuts inside the cabin).
-And finally got my collectors car registration and plates, and got her insured.

Next up is putting on the new parking brake cables, assembling the rear brakes, then front shocks and brake lines. Then lots of fluids (gotta get some F-Type trans fluid) and grease and it will be time to drive! I'm getting excited!

#210 ·
So I've had a busy weekend so far. It's amazing the progress I make when the wife is gone. Friday and Saturday I have:

-Greased up u joints and reinstalled the driveshaft
-completed my first drum brake rebuild (only launching one spring across the room)
-reinstalled the rear brakes, drums and axles
-put oil in the differential
-replaced the front brake hoses with braided ones
-replaced the front shocks Auto part Disc brake Steering part Rim Wheel
Auto part Suspension Suspension part Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Auto part Suspension Vehicle Suspension part Brake

-replaced parking brake cables and adjusted
-installed a fuel filter (can you believe there wasn't one installed!?)

Ummm, I think that's it. Today I bleed the brakes. Then I think it's just an oil changes left before I drop her to the ground again!

#213 ·
So I've had a busy weekend so far. It's amazing the progress I make when the wife is gone. Friday and Saturday I have:

-Greased up u joints and reinstalled the driveshaft
-completed my first drum brake rebuild (only launching one spring across the room)
-reinstalled the rear brakes, drums and axles
-put oil in the differential
-replaced the front brake hoses with braided ones
-replaced the front shocks View attachment 148666 View attachment 148667 View attachment 148668
-replaced parking brake cables and adjusted
-installed a fuel filter (can you believe there wasn't one installed!?)

Ummm, I think that's it. Today I bleed the brakes. Then I think it's just an oil changes left before I drop her to the ground again!

That's a busy weekend lol. It looks good under your car

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.