Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What did you do with your Mustang today?

17K views 326 replies 57 participants last post by  Joser714 
#1 ·
Just wondering what ev1 is doing with their car. Road trip, repairs, car show, odering new parts, making up a wish list, etc. Today I installed a new carburator and rear tires. The carb is a 750 cfm double pumper with mechanical secondaries from AED. Rear tires are BFG drag radials. Hope the 1/8th and 1/4 mile times improve for the $'s spent. How about yours?

Attachments

See less See more
#24 ·
I removed the front engine dressing to get better access to the damper. One of these things is not like the other ones... Seriously, at what point do you scratch your head and think "maybe I have the wrong bolt"?
I had a friend in college replace his water pump and got the bolts in the wrong holes. He tightened one with a cheater bar and penetrated the block with it. He was an idiot. Maybe he worked on your car before you. Lol

#23 ·
Those are the 4 fan bolts I pulled out. The odd one it a good 1/4" shorter. I'm really curious what the mental process was when whoever put them in. Did they just not notice, or did they figure jamming it in there was a good way to go? Makes me nervous what else I might find.

I wonder if that contributed to my engine vibration???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.