Classic Mustang Issue - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #36
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Originally Posted by Phil in OKC View Post
I can relate to your situation. I own the 65 Mustang convertible my dad bought in 1967 and which I drove to school in 69-71. I had one wreck in it, and it went through five brothers and sisters while I was away in the service. I think it may have been wrecked at least one more time. I finally bought it from my dad in 1983 and had it professionally restored (frame up) during an 18 month period from 1998-2000. I had the frame professionally straightened at a frame shop. It was money well spent, because the car now drives great and everything fits. The only original steel on the car is the passenger door and trunk lid. The driver side door is a donor and the rest of the sheet metal is Ford NOS. Very hard to find, and very costly, but the cheap Chinese stuff simply doesn't fit without alot of cutting and fitting. The Ford NOS steel went together like . . . well OEM parts!

Here are a few photos to which you may be able to relate. The car is 100% concours:

Attachment 135497

Attachment 135498

Attachment 135499

Attachment 135500

Attachment 135501

Attachment 135502

If you have the money, a professional frame repair will go a long ways toward rebuild quality and driving pleasure, especially for a car that has sentimental value.
I would be much more comfortable investing into it with the extensive repairs if mine was a convertible. I know that I won't ever get the money out of a Coupe, in the event I needed to sell.

Pearson289 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs