Shakedown Cruise - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Shakedown Cruise

A lot of shaking, and some cruising too.

Took her to some more open roads, got her up to about 65, and things felt pretty good. I definitely need to test out my brake booster though, the brakes are pretty firm, like non-power brakes, but they are functional. I also had to back off my idle speed a lot - I had to really step on the brake to keep it from inching forward at red lights.

I can foresee that a different rear end and tranny are in my future. With the 3-speed FMX and 3.00 gears, I was at pretty high RPMs at 65!
ER12883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, when I got to about 50, a cloud of pine needles and dust suddenly burst from the heater, filling up the cabin. Luckily I had the windows open, but for a while it was hard to see and I got crap all in my face. That was rather interesting.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ER12883 View Post
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, when I got to about 50, a cloud of pine needles and dust suddenly burst from the heater, filling up the cabin. Luckily I had the windows open, but for a while it was hard to see and I got crap all in my face. That was rather interesting.

Ha i remember my shake down cruise i didnt make it back a few time haha but got it all figured out! Glad to see stang back on the road! No go detail your under carriage that you spent so much time painting!! Haha
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoung68 View Post
Ha i remember my shake down cruise i didnt make it back a few time haha but got it all figured out! Glad to see stang back on the road! No go detail your under carriage that you spent so much time painting!! Haha

Yeah, we aren't thinking about the underside for a while...at least not while there are pine needles covering the inside.

The really funny part is that I was going to wait for my wife to get home and take her for a ride. Wise call to take this voyage on my own, I can only image her reaction to having a cloud of pine needles blown in her face...
Old 04-11-2014, 11:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Yeah, we aren't thinking about the underside for a while...at least not while there are pine needles covering the inside.

The really funny part is that I was going to wait for my wife to get home and take her for a ride. Wise call to take this voyage on my own, I can only image her reaction to having a cloud of pine needles blown in her face...

Haha yeah i broke down with my girlfriend one time she wouldn't ride in it for a while haha
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Phrasing! Holy crap context is important!
Old 04-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
that would have been funny
go501green is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs