Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1969 Mustang Coup Rebuild

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Tyoung68 
#1 ·
I have a 1969 Mustang that I am rebuilding from the ground up and would appreciate any part sites you recommend.
Here is a list of things I am looking to do and need parts for:
-351W crate motor
-front end disc brake conversion
-hood
-complete interior (dash, carpet, seats, A/C, power locks/windows, etc..)
-wheels & tires
-engine mounts
-radiator
-many, many more.

The car was nice about 15 years ago, I will attach some pictures of the car in it's current condition and a picture of it 15 years ago.

Thanks in advance for the help. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Vehicle door Hood

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Muscle car
Pink Red Magenta Purple Violet

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a fun project! How's the rust situation? Have more pictures?

The first place I usually look for new parts is Amazon. I can often find the same new parts cheaper there than the usual online stores - and often free shipping if you have prime. Next I check CJ Pony Parts, Jegs, Summit, Rock Auto (good prices but their website is a pita). I've also heard good things about Dallas Mustang Mustangs Unlimited and Mustangs Plus, but I haven't used them yet - usually found the parts cheaper elsewhere.

Good luck and keep us posted!

#9 ·
Restomod, the exterior won't have any chrome except the door handles. All the chrome will be painted black and the car will be candy apple red. I'm going to lower the car (not slammed, maybe 2") and put some 16 or 17 inch rims on it depending on what style rim and type of front disc brakes I decide to go with.
I'm undecided about the interior but want a more modern feel with all the bells and whistles. I am going to Dynomat the whole inside, install power windows and locks, install A/C as well. Here is an example of what I want to go with: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.