Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Headers

1K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  PapaP 
#1 ·
I want to install some long tube headers and dual exhaust on my 1968 coupe with a 289. Can anyone help I have talked to several people in the area and they said to ask around and see what is available that will just bolt on and not have to modify anything. Also were can I get a good price on them. Thanks

#5 ·
That's the first I have heard that but that's why I asked the question almost everyone I have talked to in central N Y had said long tube so I won't have do do anything with the steering arm. I am hoping to find someone who has done it and can make a recommendation thanks I appreciate the feedback

#8 ·
Long tube, from what I've experienced, you have to move the p/s ram, it doesn't look like it'll hit when the wheels are straight but it does when they're turned to one side( I think it was the passenger side). And I didn't like all that heat that close to a circuit with no cooling capacity

#13 ·
I think this guy is just commenting anything to get the 50 posts

#15 ·
It's a bit annoying that he is just inserting minor things into threads, not even really relevant information.

#18 ·
I have a set of Hooker long tubes on my 66. If you look close you can tell the oil pan is lower than the headers. No power steering here so no clearance issues. It's a tight fit on the drivers side and as I've said the #2 spark plug is bit of a pain to change. Good luck Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive exhaust Exhaust system

#19 ·
Thanks I think I am going to hold off as I Am thinking of some engine mods I want to do first I bought the car the last owner put a mild cam In with edelbrock intake and 4 barrel carb. I think I want to put a MSD distributor with ignition module along with a aluminum radiator before I do the headers and exhaust thanks again for your response

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.