Mustang Evolution Forum banner

T5 conversion

2K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  oakleyxjl 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a 68 coupe with a 289 and a c4. I need a new trans and torque converter and it's lookin like its goanna cost about $1300. I was wondering if anyone has put a t5 in an auto and roughly how much it costed and what driveline parts if any I could reuse (drive shaft, crossmember etc...)
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#5 ·
I did a little more research and I simply can't afford it. If I would have put a t5 in it from the start I would have spent the same amount of money in the long run with all the bs with my trans but oh well that's how it goes hahahaha.

#12 ·
I rebuilt mine it wasn't to bad i got my kit from macko transmission i got the over haul kit and it had everything i needed. Also i used Vaseline to lube all the o rings my grandpa who use to rebuild transmissions told me to use it because if you use anything else it'll contaminate the oil and plug the valve body

#13 ·
I never would have thought of that. It's funny lithe bing to the old tips and tricks. My uncle has building race engines since the 70's and I worked with him last summer, I couldn't believe the amount of little tricks he showed me.... Now if I can just rennet them all

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

I never would have thought of that. It's funny lithe bing to the old tips and tricks. My uncle has building race engines since the 70's and I worked with him last summer, I couldn't believe the amount of little tricks he showed me.... Now if I can just remember them all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.