Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Now What....HELP PLEASE

882 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ER12883 
#1 ·
I finally got the car out of the shop. I drove it for a week and now shes back under. I was attempting to turn the engine over on a cold start. It was trying to turn over and then I went back to off so I could try it again. This time the lights came on but it didnt try and crank. No noise at all. I have tested the battery and replaced the solenoid and nothing has changed. What is next on the list?

1965 Mustang 289

#4 ·
Mine would crank a few times then everything would die. After a few mins, it would crank again. After a bit the brake light would turn on with one click if the ignition, but as soon as I went to crank, everything would go dead.

Turned out there was a wire loose at the solenoid - it would stay connected until I started to crank, then everything would go dead.

At any rate, there's no point in not just tightening everything down just to be sure - it doesn't cost anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.