75 Mustang ???'s - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
75 Mustang ???'s

Hi all, I've been building a 95 Mustang 5.0/302 Motor. My original plans were to put it in my 94GT but I've decided to get rid of that car. I found a 1975 Mustang II
body for $1000 that's in fairly decent shape. All the Body parts are in tact & the Interior is complete & in decent condition. The motor is a Short Block...No Heads or Intake. Would this be worth $1000 ???
Also....Will the 95 5.0 Motor work in this car? I would change the Fuel Injected Intake back to a Carb intake if I buy the car. The motor is a 1995 5.0 Block with 1988 TRW Forged Pistons & Rods & the 88 Crank. The Heads are GT40 3-Bar Heads off a 96 Explorer that have Viton Seals, 1.6 Roller Rockers, Dual Coil Valve Springs w/ Damper, etc... They're done up nice.
The current set up has a GT40 / Explorer Intake & 24-lb. injectors which I would be replacing with an Edelbrock Performer Intake & Holley 4 Barrel Carb.
My motor also has a Ford Racing E303 Cam. This motor has been rebuilt with all New Everything from Top to Bottom so I would really like to put it in a 70's car. I haven't found a nice Fairlane 500 body so I was thinking about the Mustang II.
So what all would it take to put the 95 Motor in the 75 Mustang II ???
I'll post a pic of the motor below. Thanks for any info.
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

There's more pics if you look in "View My Pictures" in case you're interested.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

There's more pics if you look in "View My Pictures" in case you're interested.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Pic #1 of Mustang II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Pic #2 of Mustang II

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Pic #2 of Mustang II
Old 10-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Pic#3

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Pic#3
Old 10-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Pic #4
I have No Idea why this thing keeps double posting my pics.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
I'm sorry if this offends you. I would not put that beautiful engine in that poor excuse of a Mustang. In my opinion, it doesn't get any uglier than that car.

But to answer your question, I wouldn't pay $250 for that car. It would be a huge waste of a motor.

Find something better.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
fstbck70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

No offense taken...But out of curiosity...what do you think of this 75 Mustang II ?
Old 10-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Or even this one ??? This is kind of how I pictured the car finished.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I'm pretty sure those are 67 Fastbacks. The first one is fairly modified, the second one looks stock. It would be tough to try to make a 75 look like a 67. If you want it to look like those, a 67 or 68 is where you should start. There are lots of coupes around in decent shape for reasonable prices...fastbacks go up in price staggeringly.

As for your original question, is $1000 a fair price for the car - I would say it's worth it only if it's exactly what you want to build.

In my opinion, a 75 would make an interesting sleeper, but not much of a looker.
ER12883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Beautiful. Ta$tfully restored. But those are 100% not 1975 Mustang II's. Those are beautiful 1967 fastbacks. I would definitely approve shoving that 5.0 in one of those, but a mustang II??? No!!! Haha.

Every car manufacturer had a dark age that lasted from the mid 70's to the mid 90's. Ford included. Amid the heaviest EPA regulations ever brought down, ford tried to turn America's first pony car into a family sedan. Puke.

There are a few exceptions though, but not many. You can spend all your money trying to make a Mustang II cool, but it is what it is, a turd.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I got the pics off Google Images & it said they were 75 Mustang II's ...But it doesn't look exactly like the one for sale. I figured the Restored pics must be of the Hatch Backs. But they are probably are 67's. I'll look at some 67's today to compare them. Never the less...I want something similar to the pics.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Google FAIL! Lol. It's hard to tell the first one based on the modification to the grill but you can easily distinguish the different years by: # of headlights, grill style, body lines, and taillights. If you want a car like the pics, find a 67.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

You might try looking at 65-70. There are many similarities between all the first generation mustangs in terms of body style and construction. As far as body style is concerned, 64.5-66 are almost identical, and 67-68 are almost identical.

As I mentioned, coupes are all over the place and affordable. Fastbacks are slightly harder to find, but much more costly. It all depends on your preference, condition you'd find acceptable and budget.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

There's this guy down the Street from me. He always has all these old Hot Rods in front of his house. Today he has 3 - 60's Mustang & a 70's Challenger. I've seen Old Vette's, Camaro's, Ranchero's, Just all kinds of different cars there all the time. It's almost like going into Barrett Jackson (Which is also 2 Blocks from me). Anyway, I finally had to go knock on the guys door to find out what was up with the cars. He works for some place that buys & sells Classic Hot Rods. Unfortunately, the Mustang I liked was his personal car. But I told him what I'm looking for...( Preferrably just a Body ) & he said he might be able to help me out & took my Number. So maybe I'll get Lucky !!!
Old 10-05-2014, 10:02 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Scan through Craigslist and eBay regularly too. I'm sure you'll find quite a few floating around.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs