Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Pentronix igniter II

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  PapaP 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed a pentronix Ignitor II and a flamethrower II coil and what is your opinion on them. I want to get rid of the points and condenser for easier starting thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#4 ·
I am not sure if I need the mad I have a 68 coupe with a 289 the top end is done and I have a mild cam in it that the previous owner put in. The car has 69 k on it and runs and drives good. I started restoring while we are driving it. I don't want a show car just a good driver to take out on cruse nights and take the kids grand kids out for ice cream. I have started with all the safety stuff put all new brakes wheel cylinders new hard ware and lines. This year I am putting in rear seat belts and I want to put electronic ignition in it. Also headers and pipes. The car starts ok but I want to get rid of the points and condenser. I am not worried about cost and I did look at the mad but do I need that much performance for what I am running in the car I guess is msd overkill and will the igniter II do what I need keeping in mind I do want the most reliable solution and I don't race the car just have fun with it. Thanks

#5 ·
I've used a Pertronix with a stock coil in my dad's first gen Camaro. Took a little work to get the spacing right between the magnet and pickup inside the distributor, but otherwise works like a charm.

#6 ·
I wouldn't really say that my decision was based on performance, it was on dependability.The fact that time and time again I start with a simple idea, spend money and then realize I should've gone with something more expensive and of better quality. Do it once and sleep at night....that's my lesson learned.

#7 ·
Thanks that is really what I am looking for all we want to do is drive the car and have fun. So reliability is what we are looking for. I don't mind spending the money if that is what is going to work best for me And I do appreciate you reply and honesty thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.