Aaaaand so is the Chevy Camaro - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:16 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Aaaaand so is the Chevy Camaro

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../dt10801091652

I read 400 hp?

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/09/d...amaro-concept/

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: Aaaaand so is the Chevy Camaro

looks like ***

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:16 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

They need to stop trying to copy the new mustang: blunt front end, air dam going to the back wheels. The rear looks almost just like a corvette's. I like that swipe they took out of the hood and roof, but that's about it. Oh, and the 6.0L. If Chevy pulls it off, the Mustang is going to have to get an upgraded engine in the scheduled redesign in `07-`08. Can you say 5.7L maybe?

Old 01-11-2006, 10:37 AM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow
They need to stop trying to copy the new mustang: blunt front end, air dam going to the back wheels. The rear looks almost just like a corvette's. I like that swipe they took out of the hood and roof, but that's about it. Oh, and the 6.0L. If Chevy pulls it off, the Mustang is going to have to get an upgraded engine in the scheduled redesign in `07-`08. Can you say 5.7L maybe?
No, but I can say 5.4L with a supercharger. GT's will stay well behind I am sure, and just the special models will compete with it just like has always been in the past. The one good thing I can see from this is that maybe ford will now take the time to figure out how to turn the 2 ton clydesdale back into a much lighter, nimbler, pony car.

When I look at that car, I see an attempt at using the chrysler 300 front end, squished down and angled a bit, and a corvette back end.

If they do decide to come out with the camaro, I don't think it will look like this car. It is just too....too....futuristic looking almost. It looks like an engineers wild concept drawing made into a rolling chassis. The mullet heads just will not accept it at all...and that will destroy sales. If it does come out looking like that, sales are going suck ***, specially with the challenger slated to come out. Between the mustang and challenger, I don't think that version of the craparo will sell very well at all.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

eeeeeeeewwwwwwww

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:26 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
The mullet heads just will not accept it at all...and that will destroy sales.
Lol!
Old 01-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 1997grnstang

fugly
5-speed
1997grnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:31 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon

lookin at more pics now..they rushed it too much and the just gotta come out with something that isnt other vehicles chopped into it, however that is still not the final one, and its just out to get exactly what you guys are giving..opinions..the power does look impressive tho
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Power is nice...but they need to re-style it...I don't want to be looking at that in my rear view...ick.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #10
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Ugly Ugly Ugly

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon

few more pics, still dunno yet, the interior is nice tho, the pics should work without a username..
http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1769
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Old 01-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow
Oh, and the 6.0L. If Chevy pulls it off, the Mustang is going to have to get an upgraded engine in the scheduled redesign in `07-`08. Can you say 5.7L maybe?
why, it never made a difference before. chevy had a 350ci 5.7L LS1 in their top model, while the same years the top mustang still just had a 281ci 4.6. sadly, youll now have to buy the 60k GT500 to match wits with a lightly modded 35k Camaro. i say lightly modded, cause just like any other LS series motor, this one will be cheap to get great gains out of it.

what ford really needs is a 2seater convertible with super balls. bring in a redesigned tbird moniker that shares the likes of a miata humping a S2K, and shove a 5.4L into it(or a SCed 4.6), 6spd and rwd, price it at 30-35k. sell like hotcakes, but then again, that would take away from the precious mustang, oh noes.

and like smurfin said, maybe itll make ford lighten the behemoth the 05 has become, cause im sure the 07 maro is going to be one huge ***** in terms of weight.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

fugly
Old 01-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

they need to make the camaro that art student drew out and got a buncha publicity for........thats probably the best lookin camaro to me at least
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

i will say this though.....................there is no doubt that it will in fact turn heads.........may not be all good though, but it will turn heads
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Well Chevy did it again. They made one ugly *** car.
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:42 AM   #17
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci

Remember, its only a concept, a lot will be changed
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:45 AM   #18
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
Remember, its only a concept, a lot will be changed
A lot HAS to be changed before they come out with that thing. Granted, from reading a few of the chevy boards, they are nutting over it as it is...but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that they are so fired up over a camara coming out again. I know they can't have THAT bad of taste...although, they did buy the catfish model...so maybe they do.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:04 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci

I honestly like it, i know a lot will be changes, so im not sweating all the small details

the body lines will get softened up a bit, itll get better wheels, the mirrors will get changed, that little opening on the base of the hood will be gone, itll become rounded, so i know itll look better when it rolls out of the assembly line
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:48 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

if they charge too much for them then the mustang will continue to outsell the camaro and the camaro will once again go the way of the dodo

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:15 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
if they charge too much for them then the mustang will continue to outsell the camaro and the camaro will once again go the way of the dodo
agreed, they need to stick to the vette.
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:08 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

whoa heres a lil side blurb i got at ls1tech, i believe someone just photoshopped it but i freaknig love it, they need to make a firebird again
Old 01-15-2006, 07:51 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania

I saw the camero today in person at the DTA. It does look better in person but i'm still not a huge fan

-Denver
2002 Mineral Grey GT, 5-speed: MGW short throw, JLT CAI: SOLD
2002 Electric Green V6, Auto: SOLD
greenpony02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:23 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 04MonteSS

Damn that Trans Am does look nice
Michael Moore and I actually have a lot in common - we both appreciate living in a country where there's free expression, but Michael, if you ever show up at my front door with a camera - I'll kill you.
04MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:40 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

It's amazing how a change in color, couple of decals, and a few minor changes to body parts can make a car look soooooooo much better... That Trans Am confirms my suspicion that the hideous front clip is what makes the Camaro concept look so bad. Oh yeah, and duck tail spoiler FTW!

Too bad these overpaid, big-wig car designers don't seem to have half the taste of some of these photochop experts. I'd hate to have to buy a GM product, but if they made a Trans Am that looked like that... I'd be severly tempted.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:40 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

man, ever notice manufacturers today make it to where the wheel offests allow for some huge deep dish rims?

the photoshopper who made the firebird pic needs to swap out those rims with some other ones, i think thats all its missing. that firebird looks sweet btw, just needs a mullet and burt reynolds. maybe they can make a remake of smokey and the bandit.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:32 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

ummm, I hate to do this, but I kinda like it... throw your stones if you want... but I do.... I like it more than the 05 Mustang. That's why my next car will be an 03 Cobra... so I have a chance to NOT buy the new style Mustang... I still think it's fugly as all get up.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion