lets discuss bmw - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2006, 01:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
powerhungry966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: California
Posts: 231
Send a message via AIM to powerhungry966
lets discuss bmw

BMW 335i Coupe - BMW North America now i know its not HELLA powerful.. but TWIN TURBO!??!?!? i likes! whos with me
__________________

1989 coupe 5.0 yeessur.
"Shake n bake"
powerhungry966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-14-2006, 01:38 AM   #2
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: lets discuss bmw

I like BMW's. They design their cars to be so sleek and smooth. That car is awesome in power and design.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:40 AM   #3
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: lets discuss bmw

I have always like Beamers (not to be confused with beaners, I hate them... just messing!!!!) They are, IMO, the best the German cars out there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-14-2006, 01:40 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
powerhungry966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: California
Posts: 231
Send a message via AIM to powerhungry966
Re: lets discuss bmw

+1
__________________

1989 coupe 5.0 yeessur.
"Shake n bake"
powerhungry966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
powerhungry966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: California
Posts: 231
Send a message via AIM to powerhungry966
Re: lets discuss bmw

cancel... remember Benz's "beast" that thing was a monster with 450 hp? and like 500 tq!!
__________________

1989 coupe 5.0 yeessur.
"Shake n bake"
powerhungry966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:16 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: lets discuss bmw

Nope. Comfy, yes. other than that, i dont find them worth their pricetag. theyre slow, they dont turn like their owners say they do, theyre heavy, theyre not mod-friendly, theyre expensive, interior is boring, yadda yadda.

when my buddy worked at the local import european dealership, all i head was "M3 This" and "e36 That". then one day a coworker of mine got a brand new(then) M3 and we went for a ride. i was just shocked at how awesome he thought it was and how much i couldnt believe that this car was worth 40k. only thing i liked was the squat under accel and decel, but my cobra does that. he hit it and was like "now we feel the pull" and i was like "umm, *checks watch* oh nice dude..........." honestly the car was the acceleration factor of a bolt-on 99 GT and the feel of my old Tbird.

if im gonna spend 40k on something, its gonna be a ZO6, which will hand any BMW its *** in any event any day of the week. But for now, the cobra will suffice.


and cmon, you have got to be serious? TT V6 and theyre only making 300hp/300tq to the crank? (no makers judge power to the wheels yet). what people will waste their money for just to say they are at such and such point in society is beyond me. "BMW, the only thing that makes a Fords n/a 4.6L combo look decent". and i dont care what youre gonna say about "oh turbo and powerband this and that", I dont care, thats pathetic. Ive seen dsmers with stock T25 and simple bolt ons pull 300hp out of a 2.0l I4 thats 15 years old.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:36 AM   #7
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: lets discuss bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
Nope. Comfy, yes. other than that, i dont find them worth their pricetag. theyre slow, they dont turn like their owners say they do, theyre heavy, theyre not mod-friendly, theyre expensive, interior is boring, yadda yadda.

when my buddy worked at the local import european dealership, all i head was "M3 This" and "e36 That". then one day a coworker of mine got a brand new(then) M3 and we went for a ride. i was just shocked at how awesome he thought it was and how much i couldnt believe that this car was worth 40k. only thing i liked was the squat under accel and decel, but my cobra does that. he hit it and was like "now we feel the pull" and i was like "umm, *checks watch* oh nice dude..........." honestly the car was the acceleration factor of a bolt-on 99 GT and the feel of my old Tbird.

if im gonna spend 40k on something, its gonna be a ZO6, which will hand any BMW its *** in any event any day of the week. But for now, the cobra will suffice.


and cmon, you have got to be serious? TT V6 and theyre only making 300hp/300tq to the crank? (no makers judge power to the wheels yet). what people will waste their money for just to say they are at such and such point in society is beyond me. "BMW, the only thing that makes a Fords n/a 4.6L combo look decent". and i dont care what youre gonna say about "oh turbo and powerband this and that", I dont care, thats pathetic. Ive seen dsmers with stock T25 and simple bolt ons pull 300hp out of a 2.0l I4 thats 15 years old.
Wow, we got a cobra reference AND a DSM reference, plus an ironic "buy an expensive car for status symbol" line all in one post!

First off, as I have said before, its not always about HP and speed! Us with the normal size schlongs can like a car that might not be classified as "super uber cobra dsm fast" I find them very comfortable, very stylish, and very classy. No, its not a sports car, because, oh wow, its NOT a sports car!!! Its a performance luxury car. It wasn't built to run down the 1/4 mile or to decimate all on a road course. It was built to look good, handle decently, and get you from a to b in a nice, quick manner, and looking sexy the whole way. The BMWs I have ridden/driven are some of the most comfortable and well handleing and all around fun cars I have ever ridden/driven.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:04 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: lets discuss bmw

03 Cobras are greater than all, guitar Hero II rocks.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

They are nice cars. I'll buy my wife one some day. They are not my style though.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: lets discuss bmw

they look nice but I dont have any direct experience about how they perform. I dont think most buyers really care about performance, only a small few do that (but there are hard core people just not a ton)
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
powerhungry966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: California
Posts: 231
Send a message via AIM to powerhungry966
Re: lets discuss bmw

+1 for n8r
__________________

1989 coupe 5.0 yeessur.
"Shake n bake"
powerhungry966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Re: lets discuss bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
First off, as I have said before, its not always about HP and speed! Us with the normal size schlongs can like a car that might not be classified as "super uber cobra dsm fast" I find them very comfortable, very stylish, and very classy. No, its not a sports car, because, oh wow, its NOT a sports car!!! Its a performance luxury car. It wasn't built to run down the 1/4 mile or to decimate all on a road course. It was built to look good, handle decently, and get you from a to b in a nice, quick manner, and looking sexy the whole way. The BMWs I have ridden/driven are some of the most comfortable and well handleing and all around fun cars I have ever ridden/driven.
Gotta agree here for sure.

I like BMW alot one of my fav germen companies out there
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:04 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: lets discuss bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Wow, we got a cobra reference AND a DSM reference, plus an ironic "buy an expensive car for status symbol" line all in one post!

First off, as I have said before, its not always about HP and speed! Us with the normal size schlongs can like a car that might not be classified as "super uber cobra dsm fast" I find them very comfortable, very stylish, and very classy. No, its not a sports car, because, oh wow, its NOT a sports car!!! Its a performance luxury car. It wasn't built to run down the 1/4 mile or to decimate all on a road course. It was built to look good, handle decently, and get you from a to b in a nice, quick manner, and looking sexy the whole way. The BMWs I have ridden/driven are some of the most comfortable and well handleing and all around fun cars I have ever ridden/driven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
03 Cobras are greater than all, guitar Hero II rocks.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

They are nice cars. I'll buy my wife one some day. They are not my style though.

wow its quite funny how both of you take things so out of context. i had a feeling both of you would post against me. next time im just gonna call it out before hand and see what happens.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:30 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Re: lets discuss bmw

They are nice cars and they look nice. However, they have too much electronic crap for my tastes and they are very hard to work on (and BMW dealerships ain't cheap). On top of that, $40k for 300hp? I'll stick to fox bodies.
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:35 PM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: lets discuss bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
03 Cobras are greater than all.....
Yeah cause the beemer doesn't come in redfire...
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:33 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: lets discuss bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
wow its quite funny how both of you take things so out of context. i had a feeling both of you would post against me. next time im just gonna call it out before hand and see what happens.
You do that buddy.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
powerhungry966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: California
Posts: 231
Send a message via AIM to powerhungry966
Re: lets discuss bmw

to the extinct thunder dome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha
__________________

1989 coupe 5.0 yeessur.
"Shake n bake"
powerhungry966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:21 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,389
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
Re: lets discuss bmw

i've never been impressed with beemer, but then i've never driven one... i just don't think they're good looking cars... not to mention they're small... i'm a big guy, so it's outside my interest
__________________
I don't own a mustang at the moment
dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discuss. matthews.stang General Car Discussion 3 12-06-2007 08:02 AM
Lets discuss something Seph The Bar 25 09-11-2007 04:53 PM
Lets Discuss Here bluemustang The Bar 13 09-27-2006 12:51 PM
Let's discuss something Seph The Bar 1 05-14-2006 06:19 AM
Lets Discuss bluemustang The Bar 11 01-17-2005 07:59 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:20 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.