Straight or 90 degree scroll - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Straight or 90 degree scroll

I have a 90 degree scroll for a powerdyne BD11A unit, i bought the unit for my bird, but he sent the 90 degree instead of the straight scroll, so he resent the straight and i just kept this one, do mustangs use the straight or 90 degree scroll? thanks

derek
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NewPhotoshoot2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	16814  
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2007, 12:17 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Straight or 90 degree scroll

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. No one else probably does either, which is why there have been no responses up until now.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:22 AM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. No one else probably does either, which is why there have been no responses up until now.
I wasn't going to say anything for fear of sounding like a n00b.

What is a scroll? And, if it is 90*, can't you just rotate it 90* and it becomes horizontal?
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2007, 03:08 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii

I think he means the scroll housing. Straight like the Procharger and Vortec, or 90 degrees like some turbos, comes out the turbo and make a immediate turn, like an L shape.
99 Atlantic Blue V6- SOHC 4.6 swap, Tremec 3650, 8.8 rear end/ Flowtech Ceramic LT headers, off-road x-pipe, Spintech side exit exhaust. K&N drop in filter, removed snorkel, 18x10, 18x9, Anthracite Bullitt Replicas 295-35's, 265-35's. Eibach Pro-Kit springs, M&M Camber Plates
wrecked2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecked2001 View Post
I think he means the scroll housing. Straight like the Procharger and Vortec, or 90 degrees like some turbos, comes out the turbo and make a immediate turn, like an L shape.
yea you sound like you have an idea, it is the outer casing where the air either comes out of the supercharger at an L shape (straight from where in inlet was, or on straight scrolls it comes out the side of the supercharger, (perpendicular to the inlet)

heres some pics, the first is my acctual kit that i am keeping, the second is the supercharger before I put the straight scroll on, i was wondering if mustangs used that 90 degree scroll that is pictured in the second picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pistons Game 007.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	16665   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2006.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	16666  

Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Old 03-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecked2001 View Post
give this man a cookie.

though ive never heard of it called a "Scroll" before, ive always referred to it as the "Compressor housing outlet", on dsm's we sometimes got to choose if it has a 90* outlet (for a 2nd gen with the stock sidemount) or a straight one (for a 1st gen). only time ive heard "Scroll" with a turbo is like on a newer Evo they have whats referred to as a "Twin Scroll" turbine.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
give this man a cookie.

though ive never heard of it called a "Scroll" before, ive always referred to it as the "Compressor housing outlet", on dsm's we sometimes got to choose if it has a 90* outlet (for a 2nd gen with the stock sidemount) or a straight one (for a 1st gen). only time ive heard "Scroll" with a turbo is like on a newer Evo they have whats referred to as a "Twin Scroll" turbine.
yea i never heard of it like that before until the guy i purchased this from. so nobody knows if this is useful on mustangs? im gonna try and put it on ebay, its kinda worthless to me.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

why not just return it and do the honest thing :dunno: something like that i dont know if its even worth the effort to try to sell it.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Most use that 90* I think. I heard it referred to as a scroll on turbo's before, but I don't remember where. Probably somewhere in my mass reading.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:47 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
why not just return it and do the honest thing :dunno: something like that i dont know if its even worth the effort to try to sell it.
he never said anything about wanting it back, no sense in me paying shipping for something i told him i didnt need.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion