The end of roush is here - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-09-2007, 07:20 PM   #36
Road Trip!
 
Cajun JungleBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,147
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Congrats on successfully killing the Ford Mustang. Press F1 to play "Ford Tycoon" again or F2 to end yourself.

OMFG HAHAHAHHAHA thats ****in great
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-09-2007, 11:32 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecked2001 View Post
Roush is just positioning itself for the new Camaro's when they come just like Saleen. It only makes since, they will flying off car lots like the 05-07 mustangs. I think you will see alot of mustangs being traded in too. Alot people who bought 05-07 are not brand loyal. At the time that was the only american muscle being produced.
I hope the new Camaro does well, but if you really think about it a lot of people buy Mustangs because its a Mustang, for the name. The Mustang was the original pony car, and is (along with maybe the Corvette) the biggest symbol for American automobiles, and the Camaro was just what GM countered the Mustang with. Now don't get me wrong and think I'm trying to bash the Camaro, because it is a very big part of the Muscle Cars history, but alot of people buy Mustangs for the name, and not just because it a fast car or something.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:15 AM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996stang View Post
GT'S?
exactly.

then again, like i said, my plan is a smaller ford thats not about selling cookie cutter cars to make the bean counters happy, its driven to sell to true americans who crave good power for a good price, so you wouldnt have teens or soccer moms driving base model v6's like now, but it wouldnt hurt ford since they would be a smaller company focused on a niche market (power for price) than a huge failing company that has no focus and is losing in almost all markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
Time will tell. I hope they're very popular.
me too. theyre on my list of new cars i want if i get a new car, though thats not happening anytime soon, mitsu told me the trade in of my gt was 6k when i was looking on unloading it for a evo (before driving/buying the cobra).
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-10-2007, 06:51 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: The end of roush is here



I don't see anyone boycotting SLP because they used to be all GM. Hell, I see a lot of you recommending their stuff! So what's the difference if Roush sells to GM? What's the worst thing that could happen they mass produce more parts, make more money, and have more funding to make better Ford parts?????
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:52 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
60-70% of all Mustang sales are for the base model V6. The GT and Cobra really dont do **** for sales compared to the base model.

I think they need to keep it like it is as far as having the V6 base, GT, then the GT500. They just need to make the cars lighter and put more performance in the GT and GT500. They need to put them out front. They are not designed to go after the vette.. the vette costs twice as much (when MSRP is used...) so you get what you pay for. The prices are way to high for the car... as of not the Mustang really has no direct competition in the domestic V8 market... this wont last so they had best get ready to push the Mustang farther or else it will fall behind just like it did to the LS1 and LT1 (even though money is the bottom line and the Mustang sold three to one over those cars)

To you its all about performance, to Ford its all about profit. They are making money so they dont give a crap. They are trying to find the sweet spot where they can pull the most amount of money from your pockets while spending the least.
Exactly Ford is a business. If it weren't for all those V6's, you wouldn't have 500 hp GT500's, Cobra R's, Termy's, etc.
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: The end of roush is here

like i said, youre still thinking of ford on the scale it is today, im not, im thinking about a scaled down ford where its not about selling ****loads of base models, and even then, the base model is still a base model, it just happens to be priced the same as its older v6 counterpart and have two more cylinders.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:11 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post


I don't see anyone boycotting SLP because they used to be all GM. Hell, I see a lot of you recommending their stuff! So what's the difference if Roush sells to GM? What's the worst thing that could happen they mass produce more parts, make more money, and have more funding to make better Ford parts?????
YES!! Somebody with some sense. Thank you.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:51 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
YES!! Somebody with some sense. Thank you.
For real, I could care less if they "jump ship" . Now if they quit doing Ford altogether, then I would be upset. It's not like GM is the Devourer of Worlds and and Ford is the Savior of the Universe. Both have the potential of making great cars and I dont consider myself a "Ford man" just because I drive a stang.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:51 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: The end of roush is here

Roush is the top name for Ford in NASCAR, he should not be selling Chebby stuff for this reason if no other.

Sorry.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:34 AM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: The end of roush is here

Yeah, Buddah forbid the guy makes some money.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #46
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 9
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
roush has done nothing but ford vehicles for as long as I can remember. If roush is taking over the svt market then they should only do fords imo. It'd almost be as bad as if saleen started offering chevy parts.
Review your Roush history. Roush has worked with other car manufactures for years. For example...

Roush Viper






Roush Magnum








So it is no big deal. You would be surprised at how many cars Roush has developed for other companies already (even GM). So if they invested all this time in research and development why not sell parts?
Roushinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
meteorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,347
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: The end of roush is here

i think it would be interesting to see what roush could do with the new camaro....


yeah i said it. and i still love roush lol
__________________
In God We Trust. All Others Checked NCIC.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:56 AM   #48
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
like i said, youre still thinking of ford on the scale it is today, im not, im thinking about a scaled down ford where its not about selling ****loads of base models, and even then, the base model is still a base model, it just happens to be priced the same as its older v6 counterpart and have two more cylinders.
That is just not going to happen. It is unreasonable.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:00 AM   #49
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
That is just not going to happen. It is unreasonable.
+1. When you scale back like that, you can't lower prices...you have less volume so therefore you must raise prices. So, what is being suggested is ford become more over priced and move more in the direction of a porsche/ferrari/lamborgini style company...low output, high prices.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #50
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roushinator View Post
Review your Roush history. Roush has worked with other car manufactures for years. For example...

Roush Viper






Roush Magnum








So it is no big deal. You would be surprised at how many cars Roush has developed for other companies already (even GM). So if they invested all this time in research and development why not sell parts?
I'm new here and was refered to this thread from another forum.

Roushinator is correct in what he has said, Roush has been involved with the "BIG 3" since the 70s.

1.They now work with almost every manufacturer because they have the best R&D facility and engineers in the business. I was visiting the plant a few years ago and I saw Subarus, Range Rovers and others there to be tested. I delivered an International semi tractor to Roush Industries for them to do research on in 1999.

2. Roush has been producing GM Performance products for a long time, Sorry, because I was asked to by Roush employees to keep this quiet, I can't tell you any more or what the products are.

3. Roush developed the "Roof Flaps" that are mandatory in NASCAR racing.

4. Roush employs more people in Livonia, Michigan than FORD!!!!

(In case your wondering, I do own a Roush product, a 2002 Stage 3 Mustang, I have also been doing research on Roush since the mid 80s. FYI, to give you an example of the work Roush does, on a 2001-2004 Supercharged Saleen, 750 codes are change in the computer, on a similar Roush, over 7000 are changed.)
StarDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Herbstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,932
Re: The end of roush is here

I've been aware of roush's involvement with other manufactors for sometime now .But that doesn't mean we have to like it
__________________

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Roush is the top name for Ford in NASCAR, he should not be selling Chebby stuff for this reason if no other.

Sorry.
Do you honestly think that some of Roush's "engineering" techniques on making chevy street cars will have anything to do Chevy kicking Ford's ***(even worse than they are already) any more in NASCAR? The only thing stock about those "stock" cars is the fact that they use chevy style truck arm in the suspension.

Doesn't whipple make Chevy parts too, but yet a lot of people on this site look forward to getting one?

Whipple Industries

What's this????? Whipple makes Chevy stuff, too??!?!??! BOYCOTT THEM QUICKLY!!!!!!
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
+1. When you scale back like that, you can't lower prices...you have less volume so therefore you must raise prices. So, what is being suggested is ford become more over priced and move more in the direction of a porsche/ferrari/lamborgini style company...low output, high prices.


Exactomundo... Look at the corvettes. 5 years ago you could have bought a Z06 for just under 50 grand MSRP. Yes, under 50 grand. They made the vette bigger and badder and now even the non Z06 C6's are well within the same price range as the Z06 was 5 years ago and the Z06 is now over 70 grand. Simple economics.
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:55 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
Do you honestly think that some of Roush's "engineering" techniques on making chevy street cars will have anything to do Chevy kicking Ford's ***(even worse than they are already) any more in NASCAR? The only thing stock about those "stock" cars is the fact that they use chevy style truck arm in the suspension.

Doesn't whipple make Chevy parts too, but yet a lot of people on this site look forward to getting one?

Whipple Industries

What's this????? Whipple makes Chevy stuff, too??!?!??! BOYCOTT THEM QUICKLY!!!!!!
2: Your point is pointless, who cares if they do, so does Vortech, and Procharger, etc, etc... They specialize in making aftermarket Superchargers. What those companies don't make are vehicles to be sold through Ford dealerships. Maybe next he can start making some Honda, or Mitsubish parts, I bet he could make some good money off of that. What Roush is doing is helping the Mustangs biggest competitors. BTW I use to own a Roush Mustang so I'm kind of partial to them and I think this is a bad idea on his part.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:41 AM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
+1. When you scale back like that, you can't lower prices...you have less volume so therefore you must raise prices. So, what is being suggested is ford become more over priced and move more in the direction of a porsche/ferrari/lamborgini style company...low output, high prices.
oh no, they will still produce the same volume mustangs/F150/Etc. they just wont produce the crappy cars that nobody likes/buys because they competition already has that class owned. my ford has a better marketing plan than "Bold Moves" that arent so bold at all, nothing bold about what they have to offer as it sits now, more like Bland Moves to me.

my ford just will have strict dealership control (id do my whole MMRSP/MSRP plan), it will punish dealerships for gouging customers, this way the end price after markup is cheaper, the dealership sells more and thusly has to buy more cars from ford to keep parking spaces full on their lots. they wont make the profit per car they are used to making now, but they will make up for it in quantity, which means they buy more from ford.

like someone was saying in another forum, go to any import dealership (honda, toyota, nissan) and markup is maybe 2-3k over msrp, and thats before even talking about incentives. not most domestic dealerships, hell the markups for the GTO were 10k+!, look how well those sold, nobody bought them, so they sat on dealers lots for months before the dealerships finally started to have zero to negative markup (sales price dropping under MSRP) just to get rid of the car. this in turn means the longer the car sat on the lot, the less the dealership told pontiac they need more GTO's, so pontiac doesnt get the amount of new GTO orders to meet its quota to make it to the next run, guess what, no more GTO, all because of some greedy ****ing lot managers.

remember, msrp is NOT the price the dealership paid for the car, its "Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price" meaning its what they think the car should be sold for, if there was no written markup. if MSRP is set at 23k, the dealership probably bought the car for 18-20k since, especially if were talking big names, they probably bought 10-15 of the same make/model at the same time. so the dealership puts a 5k markup on the msrp, theyre gonna pocket at least 8k, if not more, depending on what the kickbacks are to the employees associated with the deal. i think most forget this, they start the deal at the asking price and work down. unless were talking a GT500 or a GT, you should try to start haggling at the MSRP and see what happens, if they dont budge, walk. theyll prolly call back tomorrow or next week anyways when the car is still there. i mean, whats the worst that happens, they laugh and say "well so and so is picking up one tomorrow for our asking price, why should we give it to you and make no money" then well theyre ****tards and they just lost a sale theyre gonna make money on anyways, so they obviously dont need you as a customer.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:32 AM   #56
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: The end of roush is here

Someone must not have taken any economics classes...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:12 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
rocknbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 831
Re: The end of roush is here

Exactly.
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:18 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Someone must not have taken any economics classes...
dam you are hilarous.

i was actually ranked 3rd in the district common final and 1st in the class for the teachers final. IB Government/Economics.

i dont see anything wrong with a company trimming the "fat" so to speak, big companies do it all the time, its called restructuring.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:52 PM   #59
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: The end of roush is here

My dick is still bigger.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:50 AM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
My dick is still bigger.
lol :worship:

n8r's e-cock makes me e-jealous
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #61
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
lol :worship:

n8r's e-cock makes me e-jealous
Damn strait
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
2: Your point is pointless, who cares if they do, so does Vortech, and Procharger, etc, etc... They specialize in making aftermarket Superchargers. What those companies don't make are vehicles to be sold through Ford dealerships. Maybe next he can start making some Honda, or Mitsubish parts, I bet he could make some good money off of that. What Roush is doing is helping the Mustangs biggest competitors. BTW I use to own a Roush Mustang so I'm kind of partial to them and I think this is a bad idea on his part.


Heaven forbid Roush to make more money. And the point is not pointless. Roush also makes parts for other cars and companies and has in the past. Just because he has the money to say, "Hey Ford, how about you throw some mustangs my way, and I'll slap on tons of aftermarket parts(I use that figuratively, Roush's are nothing untill you get the blower), then you guys can sell them for a alot more, and I make money selling parts" doesn't mean that he can't make parts for other companies.

I didn't hear anyone *****ing when Carrol Shelby helped with the viper? Or what about all those other dodge cars in the 80's? Didn't stop anyone from buying a GT500 just because his name was on it. Not to mention he had NOTHING to do with the overall building and design of the car. I take it back, he did advise ford to put wider tires on it. And what about when he worked with GM on the Shelby Series 1? Yup, had an Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 ltr V8. And after all that, guess what? He is still loved and cherished by Ford Finatics all over the world. So if Jack wants to go out and try to make some more money fine by me. Who knows, the Roush Mustangs might be worth a **** later down the road and the stage 1 and 2's will be more than just a body kit, wheels, suspension, brakes, exhaust and a cold air intake for 10 grand more than a stock GT.
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
oh no, they will still produce the same volume mustangs/F150/Etc. they just wont produce the crappy cars that nobody likes/buys because they competition already has that class owned. my ford has a better marketing plan than "Bold Moves" that arent so bold at all, nothing bold about what they have to offer as it sits now, more like Bland Moves to me.
Now please explain to me what cars are "crap" that aren't selling right now? Oh wait, you must mean all of ford's stuff that isn't a mustang or an F150. Well duh it isn't selling. Ford has been used to just revamping old designs and reselling the same stuff for decades. GM is also. Now, with the take over from the east, both Ford and GM both are thrown into this,"Hey we found a new way to do this, or a better way to get more x out of this car, and we are putting it into next years model" as opposed to holding out on it for 5 years when by then, it really isn't that "new" anyway. Look at the Mustang. The fox chassis lasted what 25 years???? The camaro, 93 to what 02 pretty much the same with a different motor???? Take a look at the imports. Have you ever seen an import company stick with the same stuff for a decade or same design for a decade???? Nope, because they are into the mind set of quality over quantity, "If we can make it better now, why not?" And what pushed that so well is the fact that the American manufacturers sat with their thumbs up their asses while the east kept coming up with something better. Hell the Tundra has been out for what 7 years or so and 6 years into it's release it's undergone massive changes. The only real change in the F150's is the motor.

So it's not that Ford needs to cut crappy cars, it just needs to start improving faster and implementing those improvements faster.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
my ford just will have strict dealership control (id do my whole MMRSP/MSRP plan), it will punish dealerships for gouging customers, this way the end price after markup is cheaper, the dealership sells more and thusly has to buy more cars from ford to keep parking spaces full on their lots. they wont make the profit per car they are used to making now, but they will make up for it in quantity, which means they buy more from ford.
And guess what will happen, the dealers will shut down because they're budgets are based on the profits they are presently making. Your idea is a good one but it has flaws. It would take quite some time to change over to what you have planned for ford, and in that time frame several jobs will be lost and people will quit and drama will be had. The time it would take to fully "convert" all the dealers would take months, the books, the legal issues, etc. would take time and money. I'm sure Ford knows for a fact they could do this and I'm willing to put money on the fact that their accountants have already drawn this up, but Ford knows that they just could not fund a changeover of this scale across the country, especially in their present financial state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
like someone was saying in another forum, go to any import dealership (honda, toyota, nissan) and markup is maybe 2-3k over msrp, and thats before even talking about incentives. not most domestic dealerships, hell the markups for the GTO were 10k+!, look how well those sold, nobody bought them, so they sat on dealers lots for months before the dealerships finally started to have zero to negative markup (sales price dropping under MSRP) just to get rid of the car. this in turn means the longer the car sat on the lot, the less the dealership told pontiac they need more GTO's, so pontiac doesnt get the amount of new GTO orders to meet its quota to make it to the next run, guess what, no more GTO, all because of some greedy ****ing lot managers.
Actually the GTO flopped, well because it was a flop. It's still a good car, the MSRP was just too high and then when the dealers went to make profit, they couldn't. That combined with the poor performance that was expected from the rebadged Holden. The GTO suffered the same fate as the camaro/ta for the same reason. Not because the dealers "overpriced" them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
remember, msrp is NOT the price the dealership paid for the car, its "Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price" meaning its what they think the car should be sold for, if there was no written markup. if MSRP is set at 23k, the dealership probably bought the car for 18-20k since, especially if were talking big names, they probably bought 10-15 of the same make/model at the same time. so the dealership puts a 5k markup on the msrp, theyre gonna pocket at least 8k, if not more, depending on what the kickbacks are to the employees associated with the deal. i think most forget this, they start the deal at the asking price and work down. unless were talking a GT500 or a GT, you should try to start haggling at the MSRP and see what happens, if they dont budge, walk. theyll prolly call back tomorrow or next week anyways when the car is still there. i mean, whats the worst that happens, they laugh and say "well so and so is picking up one tomorrow for our asking price, why should we give it to you and make no money" then well theyre ****tards and they just lost a sale theyre gonna make money on anyways, so they obviously dont need you as a customer.
Thank you for beating a dead horse AGAIN. I think we all know how MSRP works.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
dam you are hilarous.

i was actually ranked 3rd in the district common final and 1st in the class for the teachers final. IB Government/Economics.

i dont see anything wrong with a company trimming the "fat" so to speak, big companies do it all the time, its called restructuring.
Booksmart has nothing to do with commen sense. :yup:
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:17 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
rocknbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 831
Re: The end of roush is here

Entertaining to say the least.
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:37 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
Heaven forbid Roush to make more money. And the point is not pointless. Roush also makes parts for other cars and companies and has in the past. Just because he has the money to say, "Hey Ford, how about you throw some mustangs my way, and I'll slap on tons of aftermarket parts(I use that figuratively, Roush's are nothing untill you get the blower), then you guys can sell them for a alot more, and I make money selling parts" doesn't mean that he can't make parts for other companies.

I didn't hear anyone *****ing when Carrol Shelby helped with the viper? Or what about all those other dodge cars in the 80's? Didn't stop anyone from buying a GT500 just because his name was on it. Not to mention he had NOTHING to do with the overall building and design of the car. I take it back, he did advise ford to put wider tires on it. And what about when he worked with GM on the Shelby Series 1? Yup, had an Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 ltr V8. And after all that, guess what? He is still loved and cherished by Ford Finatics all over the world. So if Jack wants to go out and try to make some more money fine by me. Who knows, the Roush Mustangs might be worth a **** later down the road and the stage 1 and 2's will be more than just a body kit, wheels, suspension, brakes, exhaust and a cold air intake for 10 grand more than a stock GT.
Yes, heaven forbid we dislike the fact that he's now supporting the competition to make more money. I mean he only owns a few planes and ****, he better be glad he's not living in the ditch right now.

And **** Carrol Shelby and the GT500, those names and their relationship with Ford belong in the past. The name Shelby GT500 is the worst thing to happen to the new Cobra... um I mean GT500. Well that name and the fact that they got ride of John Coletti and broke up SVT. Shebly and Ford had a falling out and he wasn't a part of Ford when he was working with the other companies. Jack Roush has an active part in designing products that Ford sells on their automobiles, an example is the Shacker Hood on the Mach 1's among many other stuff. (BTW does that mean that Saleen sells Roush parts on their cars as the new PJ uses the Mach 1's Shakers Hood ) Look man I don't loose sleep over the fact that Jack Roushes company is now selling parts for GM cars. Your making a bigger deal about people not liking Roush sell GM parts, than people who don't like it are about them selling the parts. :lame:

Also do you think the Lingenfelter never made Ford parts because he didn't think he could make money doing it. No, its because he was a brand loyal kind of guy. And **** John Hennessey and his POS GT500, Dodge can keep him.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:47 PM   #66
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Yes, heaven forbid we dislike the fact that he's now supporting the competition to make more money. I mean he only owns a few planes and ****, he better be glad he's not living in the ditch right now.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I mean he only owns a few planes and ****, he better be glad he's not living in the ditch right now.
Don't be so sure of yourself mister.

__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #68
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: The end of roush is here

Oh Snap! Let's get a fund going for him so he can up out of the ditch!
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:25 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Oh Snap! Let's get a fund going for him so he can up out of the ditch!
He is selling Chebby parts now so making a fund for him is totally unnessessary.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:12 AM   #70
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2
Re: The end of roush is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
He is selling Chebby parts now so making a fund for him is totally unnessessary.

He's, well Roush Industries,has been selling Chevy,( certain GM Performance Parts) for years, it just that the GM enthusiast's don't know it, it's fun to walk by a diehard GM guy, point at the part that Roush makes and tell him it was made by Roush, I usually get this look.

Anyone remember that back in the late 1970s when the hostages were taken in Iran, Roush was working on modding a limo for the Ayahtolla when the US citizens were taken, he stopped work on the car and I think it was destroyed or never sent back to Iran.
StarDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cheap 05-07 Roush Front end at EBAY!!! project_v6 Mustang Audio & Video 0 03-27-2008 03:16 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:00 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.