The end of roush is here - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Thumbs down The end of roush is here

ROUSH Performance Products

They now support chevy parts....2:
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: The end of roush is here

What's wrong with that?

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

roush has done nothing but ford vehicles for as long as I can remember. If roush is taking over the svt market then they should only do fords imo. It'd almost be as bad as if saleen started offering chevy parts.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
What's wrong with that?
Everything....
Old 05-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

GM guys don't want that crap, what are they thinking
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #6

I agree Roush has always been Ford ....Something just isnt right about this
Tazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
roush has done nothing but ford vehicles for as long as I can remember. If roush is taking over the svt market then they should only do fords imo. It'd almost be as bad as if saleen started offering chevy parts.

:whistle:

I like turtles.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

wasnt that the camaro they worked on for the Transformer movie
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

Gotta expand the market to stay afloat. nothing too complicated about it.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:00 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

I think it's great. Lingenfelter was always real big on the Corvettes, but it didn't bother me at all that they decided to do Vipers and whatever else they do.

I like turtles.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

I understand them wanting to get more into the market, but ford lost svt and now roush wont focus as much on the mustang. Dont get me wrong I love ta's and vette's, but it just doesn't seem right that roush is moving on to more then just ford.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 05-08-2007, 11:04 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Didn't Saleen already announce they will be doing work on the new GM sports cars? This is probably why.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:16 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
I understand them wanting to get more into the market, but ford lost svt and now roush wont focus as much on the mustang. Dont get me wrong I love ta's and vette's, but it just doesn't seem right that roush is moving on to more then just ford.
ford didnt "loose" SVT, they took it off the map....
Old 05-09-2007, 12:30 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

well since more of the 05+ you see are about looks than performance, roush has to expand. Saleen is doing the same, Saleen will not only be doing the camaro for Transformers, but theyre slated to produce a Saleen Camaro.

more power to them, IMO its kinda narrow sighted to make only parts for one brand.

besides, maybe roush sees the end of ford is near and knows they need to get ready for a changeover.......plus i heard Roush doesnt like Shelby and was put off when he heard Shelby got his name on the most powerful production mustang ever, seeing roush has been working with ford for years now to get cars of that caliber onto the showroom floor and shelby walks in and signs his name and is in like flint.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:36 AM   #15
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

Ford isnt going to "end"... if anything, in an extreme case they'll go private. But Ford will NOT just vanish.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:15 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

id rather ford trim all the fat. stop making the cars nobody wants, and stop making or trying to produce cars that the competition has been decimating you in that category for the past decade, its too late, maybe if you didnt kill the Taurus and made it reliable and cheap you would still own the econobox market, now Corolla and Accord does.

Focus on the Mustang, F-Series trucks on american shores. Make the mustang at least 350hp base, no ****ing V6 option whatsoever, the base model IS the GT, however price it between the old V6 and GT models. the upgraded GT will be the LX, will make almost 400hp, utilize a 5.4L w/4v heads, 6spd and IRS, and be more of a drivers car. Priced at whatever the cheaper of the two Camaro or Challenger will base (v6) their base models at. might not make much profit per vehicle, but just think of what the buzz will be on a mustang you have to wait for, at that price, it will take sales of the challenger or camaro of equal performance potential. then for ****s and giggles, a SVT Cobra version, unlike the GT500, it will utilize the Terminator combo, forged 4.6L 4v with a revised (more efficient, equavilent to a stage3 steggy port) eaton, mated to a T56 and IRS out back. MSRP at 35k with a MMRSP (manufacturers maximum recommended sale price) of 45K. seeing the termie combo is pretty dated now, it wont cost as much (well, it shouldnt) to produce as it did in 03/04. and yes, there will still be a GT500 with the same setup, but with a MMRSP of 55k. The bottom line is i want a mustang at every light that the person next to them will want to think twice about what theyre getting into, no more "oh, its prolly a sixer" or "its just a GT" ****, itll all be capible of ownage from the factory.

SVT will also produce a new Lighting finally, however it will utilize a newly designed Eaton blown 6.2L Modular with 4v heads, a automatic 6spd thats more than capible of the abuse, and an option for 4wd. that ought to kick some major *** next time youre at a light and a SRT10 Ram thinks hes tough ****, or some smoker (modded turbo diesels) think they can wrap up a easy kill.

Ford will also produce a new Pinto. Taking the f00zion and redesigning it so it doesnt look like my Mach3 razor had sex with a civic. they will then make it awd with a 2.3L turbo producing 280hp at a mere 16psi with a motor/drivetrain capible of much much more. it will be priced at 25k with a MMRSP of 30k. a upgraded version, the SVT Pinto-R (jk, still working on the name) will produce 320hp by upping the boost to 20psi and will include a mazda tuned suspension.

Ford will also bring yet another Thunderbird to the mix. it will utilize almost the same chassis as the Miata, but will shoehorn a 4v, 4.6L with a 6spd into a car that doesnt look like crap. It will be a Corvette killer, its going to be nimble in the turns, and fire out of the corner like a monkey with its *** on fire. Upgraded SVT version will include, you guessed it, a Eaton, wider rear tires and upgraded suspension.

While youre at it, Bring over the Falcon. GM had a good run with the Monaro aka GTO, and since those wont be offered anymore, Ford, its your turn. just dont be stupid and try to overprice them.

dammit ive made a long post again! oh well.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:28 AM   #17
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
no ****ing V6 option whatsoever,
Congrats on successfully killing the Ford Mustang. Press F1 to play "Ford Tycoon" again or F2 to end yourself.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:31 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

^lol
Old 05-09-2007, 02:06 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

who says the base option needs to be a V6?

if the base option is a V8 at almost the same price, i dont see the implications? the base GT can be 25k out the door, which is basically what you would get a V6 for with all the trim goodies. i mean hell, it doesnt need to be 350hp like i said, they can keep it at 300 for insurance purposes, like all the "gentlemans law" with high end imports(skyline, supra, evo/sti, s2k), all rated at what like 275-280 when in reality some are much more when actually dynoed.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:52 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

What would 99% of teenage girls drive if there was no v6 stang?
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:16 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Maybe if we all write Lingenfelter and ask him to build a Mustang then they will and we can listen to all the GM people wine.

Roush and Saleen.

Sadly only Steeda if all Ford now.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:20 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

BTW, I sure am glad I sold my Roush for a real SVT product, even if it is not as good looking.

John Coletti > Jack Roush, Steve Saleen, Carrol Shelby, and especially that *** who owns Ford.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:25 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

60-70% of all Mustang sales are for the base model V6. The GT and Cobra really dont do **** for sales compared to the base model.

I think they need to keep it like it is as far as having the V6 base, GT, then the GT500. They just need to make the cars lighter and put more performance in the GT and GT500. They need to put them out front. They are not designed to go after the vette.. the vette costs twice as much (when MSRP is used...) so you get what you pay for. The prices are way to high for the car... as of not the Mustang really has no direct competition in the domestic V8 market... this wont last so they had best get ready to push the Mustang farther or else it will fall behind just like it did to the LS1 and LT1 (even though money is the bottom line and the Mustang sold three to one over those cars)

To you its all about performance, to Ford its all about profit. They are making money so they dont give a crap. They are trying to find the sweet spot where they can pull the most amount of money from your pockets while spending the least.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:26 AM   #24
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
who says the base option needs to be a V6?

if the base option is a V8 at almost the same price, i dont see the implications? the base GT can be 25k out the door, which is basically what you would get a V6 for with all the trim goodies. i mean hell, it doesnt need to be 350hp like i said, they can keep it at 300 for insurance purposes, like all the "gentlemans law" with high end imports(skyline, supra, evo/sti, s2k), all rated at what like 275-280 when in reality some are much more when actually dynoed.

Well, I think all the parents that buy their teenage kids a mustang as their first car would have something to say about it. They won't want them to have a V8...specially a 350 hp model...not only for the power to death ratio...but the insurance rates that would ensue.

Then add in all the people that buy GTs. Once you apply the power:death/accident ratio to the GT model mustang, rates for anyone that owns a GT will convince a lot of people out of the mustang market.

Basically, no V6 option will kill the Mustang.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:47 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

thats cause you are all still thinking of the mustang as a mass produced vehicle and thinking of ford as it sits today. im not. my plan is based around a smaller ford that is focused not on quantity, but quality. the mustang will be a sports car for the working man, cheap and powerful. the price of insurance will help offset retards buying them and wrapping them around poles.

besides, people can kill themselves just as fast with 150hp v6 than 300hp v8. actually probably faster, give a kid a v6 mustang for his first car, hell prolly wrap it around the pole trying to prove how badass he is. make that same kid actually pay for his own car, be it a GT, and he will have more respect for it (seeing he is paying for it himself) and less likely to need to impress anyone that isnt a LS1 or above.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:52 AM   #26
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
besides, people can kill themselves just as fast with 150hp v6 than 300hp v8. actually probably faster, give a kid a v6 mustang for his first car, hell prolly wrap it around the pole trying to prove how badass he is. make that same kid actually pay for his own car, be it a GT, and he will have more respect for it (seeing he is paying for it himself) and less likely to need to impress anyone that isnt a LS1 or above.
That is the lamest analogy ever. If the only thing available is a V8...then the kid's parents are going to buy him the V8 if they buy a mustang. If Ford were to ditch the V6, there would not suddenly be this rule outlawing parents from buying their kid a GT. They would buy the GT. Punky would mash it to show off. Carnage would ensue.

Now, carnage is a lot harder to make in a V6. You don't just loose it in a V6 when entering a highway. Not enough torque to pass yourself just from stepping on the gas (On normal pavement, not ice mind you). However, a GT will quickly pass itself on a wet onramp if you downshift and step on it.

Sure, you can lose control of a V6. However, you must typically be moving already to lose control of it. A GT you can lose control of from a stop, rolling, etc.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:44 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

i cant if i try. ****ing kdw2's. i tried to do a burnout last night, failed. i cant get sideways in dry weather to save my life, and its hard to do even in rain.

besides, anyone who drives like that in the rain that doesnt know how to control their vehicle, is just being darwins guinea pig.

plus, parents have the responsibility to get their kids the proper vehicle if the parents choose to do so (some parents dont buy their children vehicles when the time comes, they make the kids get jobs and afford their own right off the bat). my kids wont have a mustang for their first car, even a v6, **** that, theyll get a corolla, something decrepidly slow. thats all they get from me, any other cars they want, they buy themselves. parents who buy their kids a v8 mustang as their first car are retarded, unless its a hand-me-down classic or something. i mean cmon, how many parents do you know that buys their kid a NEW car for their first car, let alone something nice like a mustang?

Old 05-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
they can join the other 97% of teenage girls and drive a vw bug?

Old 05-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

Ford can save themselves if they add heated/cooled cup holders in the mustangs.
10 years from now Toyota will probably own Ford anyways so just quit all your *****in. lol j/k

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

i dont think many would buy a Toyota Mustang if their life depended on it.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:56 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
i dont think many would buy a Toyota Mustang if their life depended on it.
I think you greatly overestimate the brand loyalty of the American public.

I like turtles.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii

Roush is just positioning itself for the new Camaro's when they come just like Saleen. It only makes since, they will flying off car lots like the 05-07 mustangs. I think you will see alot of mustangs being traded in too. Alot people who bought 05-07 are not brand loyal. At the time that was the only american muscle being produced.
99 Atlantic Blue V6- SOHC 4.6 swap, Tremec 3650, 8.8 rear end/ Flowtech Ceramic LT headers, off-road x-pipe, Spintech side exit exhaust. K&N drop in filter, removed snorkel, 18x10, 18x9, Anthracite Bullitt Replicas 295-35's, 265-35's. Eibach Pro-Kit springs, M&M Camber Plates
wrecked2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

eh i dunno bout flying off shelves. Chevy will overprice the camaro's like they did before, then the dealer will add a rediculous markup. in the end it will be just like the GTO, where you can get one for under 30k because its been sitting on the lot for a year.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
eh i dunno bout flying off shelves. Chevy will overprice the camaro's like they did before, then the dealer will add a rediculous markup. in the end it will be just like the GTO, where you can get one for under 30k because its been sitting on the lot for a year.
Time will tell. I hope they're very popular.

I like turtles.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:11 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
GT'S?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion