Undercover Cop Mustang - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-14-2010, 06:17 PM   #36
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: Undercover Cop Mustang

Here in Georgia an undercover car will always be accompanied by a marked car. I don't get why other states don't follow that. People are still stupid enough to not slow down for marked cars in plain sight.

I agree if they're wasting money like that.
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Then use Undercover cops to take down thugs, criminals and trash instead of writing traffic tickets.

Here is a thought: Sell the cars instead of making them gas guzzling patrol cars.
So penalizing them and making them pay a fine isn't showing them that what they are doing is wrong? And there is a difference between "undercover" and "in an unmarked vehicle." They are TRAFFIC cops doing their job in an UNMARKED vehicle. And using said cars(wrx and integra I think) is guzzling gas?!?! NOT TO MENTION, have you ever been to a police auction? THEY DO AUCTION THEM. But, why not use them to help bust lawbreakers in the process?
Old 12-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #38
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
So penalizing them and making them pay a fine isn't showing them that what they are doing is wrong? And there is a difference between "undercover" and "in an unmarked vehicle." They are TRAFFIC cops doing their job in an UNMARKED vehicle. And using said cars(wrx and integra I think) is guzzling gas?!?! NOT TO MENTION, have you ever been to a police auction? THEY DO AUCTION THEM. But, why not use them to help bust lawbreakers in the process?
Why do they need under cover (unmarked whatever) cars to write traffic tickets? They don't. I wasn't referring to WRX's and INTERGRAS I was referring to DODGE CHARGERS and FORD MUSTANGS. State Troopers use these vehicles to write tickets and work accident scenes. There is no need to have these vehicles for this when they can ALL be sold at AUCTION.

I can also CAPITALIZE every few WORDS to show that I am SERIOUS.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #39
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Why do they need under cover cars to write traffic tickets? They don't. I wasn't referring to WRX's and INTERGRAS I was referring to DODGE CHARGERS and FORD MUSTANGS. State Troopers use these vehicles to write tickets and work accident scenes. There is no need to have these vehicles for this when they can ALL be sold at AUCTION.

The deal with the Charger is it's redily available. According to some local officers here the CrownVic's are expensive slugish-gas hogs, that take several months to get. Plus the power is good for high speed pursuits. Where I live we use Chevy Impalas with GM's famous 3.8L V6. They do hurt us on high speed chases. Thats when our State troopers help with the charger. 5.7 liters always gets em.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #40
Regular

My unmarked and Charger arguments are different. Not sure if I made that clear enough. I am talking about unmarked crown vics running radar on interstates. That isn't needed. Put a marked car out there.

And Bullitt, those Dodge Chargers are not drug seizures. They are fleet vehicles.

Reddit
Old 12-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Closest cop to the scene helps write it up. If it is a mustang so be it. They went to chargers because Ford no longer makes the crown vic. Simple. Wth is the big deal about 2 or 3 mpg's anyway, if that? Show me how a <50k mile newer Charger or Stang gets WORSE gas mileage than a 10 year old worn out 200k+ mile Vic... Not to mention they have to have something fast enough to keep up with(sorta) the cars of today anyway. Like 400+ hp stock Mustangs and Camaros.

You didn't make a valid argument so you mocked the way I emphasised what I was saying. Cute. I'm done here. No point in arguing with someone who is aggravated with the way cops do their job, even though it is getting people to think twice about stoplight racing, speeding, and even breaking basic traffic laws.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:03 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My unmarked and Charger arguments are different. Not sure if I made that clear enough. I am talking about unmarked crown vics running radar on interstates. That isn't needed. Put a marked car out there.

And Bullitt, those Dodge Chargers are not drug seizures. They are fleet vehicles.
Why so people can see it, slow down, and do what they are supposed to do anyway?

And I know, I was talking about the other cars/riceburners.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

Why do they need under cover (unmarked whatever) cars to write traffic tickets? They don't. I wasn't referring to WRX's and INTERGRAS I was referring to DODGE CHARGERS and FORD MUSTANGS. State Troopers use these vehicles to write tickets and work accident scenes. There is no need to have these vehicles for this when they can ALL be sold at AUCTION.

I was thinking the same thing.

All of ours are mostly Chargers, Crown Vics, or Impalas.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:10 PM   #44
Regular

Quote:
Closest cop to the scene helps write it up. If it is a mustang so be it. They went to chargers because Ford no longer makes the crown vic. Simple. Wth is the big deal about 2 or 3 mpg's anyway, if that? Show me how a <50k mile newer Charger or Stang gets WORSE gas mileage than a 10 year old worn out 200k+ mile Vic... Not to mention they have to have something fast enough to keep up with(sorta) the cars of today anyway. Like 400+ hp stock Mustangs and Camaros.

You didn't make a valid argument so you mocked the way I emphasised what I was saying. Cute. I'm done here. No point in arguing with someone who is aggravated with the way cops do their job, even though it is getting people to think twice about stoplight racing, speeding, and even basic traffic laws.
You can buy a 2010 Crown Vic fleet. As far as making fun of you, lose the caps lock key or clean your Shift key cause something ain't right.

I am not aggravated with the way cops do their job, I am aggravated with people like you who are so black and white with **** like this. For every bad cop there are not 10 good cops in a lot of areas in this country.

Sorry to burst your bubble but middle of nowhere Mississippi does not represent America and the behavior of cops.

I never denied there were good cops. Stop underplaying the amount of ****ty cops out there in America.

Reddit
Old 12-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Stupid cops...mustangs arent for pigs!

I tried to make it sound as much like the trix commercial as possible
Old 12-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
There are great cops and there are ****ty cops. I have seen some shady cops. I know some great cops.

I had to call one over to the house (long story) and before getting the story threatened to kick the obese half-blind wiener dog if it came near him.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #47
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

I agree it's a waste to not have em marked. People seem to be in their own world anyway.

That is true they are fleet cars that are bought with a volume discount after a bid selection process. (as with most govt work) There is adequate notice published in the paper to solicit bids and public feedback.

It's also practicality as what brent is saying. They can be used for a wide variety of applications as where the mustang falls short in that area.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

I don't understand why everybody hates cops soooo much a lot of cops do a lot of good. Yeah, in some places there are bad cops, and in some places there are a decent amount of bad cops.

But that doesnt change the fact that you shouldnt get pissed cuz a cop writes you a ticket for speeding, I mean you knew it was a risk when you were doing it. You just have to be smart about it, and if your pissed about cops writing you tickets go pay for some track time lol. I'm not gunna lie, I've kind of got a lead foot sometimes, and I've been lucky to have not gotten a ticket yet in my life(knock on wood), but the day a cop pulls me over and rights me a ticket I will pay it off and ill prolly get it framed
Old 12-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #49
Regular

Once and for all, I am not complaining about people getting tickets for breaking the law, I am talking about the overall (to me and many others) piss poor attitude that law enforcement officers have to the general public during a traffic stop. LEO are public servants and should be trained to interact with the public in a polite manner.

Not be smart *** pieces of ****.

I got pulled over on I-20E just outside of Tuscaloosa, AL in September 2010 at around 3AM by a State Trooper sitting on the left side of the east bound lane with no lights on. I was doing 83 in a 70. My complaint is not that I got a ticket. My complaint is the piece of **** was a smart ***.

Like I stated earlier in this thread, I find that overwhelmingly, State Troopers are sorry pieces of ****. I find that Sheriffs officers are more friendly and polite.

Reddit
Old 12-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Brent I was tryin to hate on ur comment I was just referring to all the other people on here complaining about the popo

I agree state troopers tend to be ******** for some reason, but then again I wld hate my life too if I planned on doing legit police work and ended up giving out tickets for my whole life.

Either way tho I am always nice to cops, cuz in the two times I got pulled over I was nice and they let me go. First time was for going 70 in a 55 and second time was for "chirping" my tires at a light as I accelerated from 0 to 40 in a 35.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:12 PM   #51
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Thugs, criminals, and trash are sneakier. I believe it justified.

In the words of Jim Carrey from "Liar Liar": STOP BREAKING THE LAW *******. 99.9% of ppl i know who hate cops are pissed cause they keep getting busted. I think it childish that you even gloat your ignorance withthat crap on you glass. Yes, there are bad cops. Grow up and realize that for every bad one there are ten others making up for it.

Again, lack of knowledge. Those are called "drug seizures." If you a police dept can afford to buy, mod, tune, etc., a car like that you're nuts.
lack of knowledge my ***. r u even on the job, and if so u must not have left ur county or jurisdiction in years. lotsa counties and cities used mustangs back in the eighties and nineties. u cant transport prisoners in a notchback like the one i own. ur primary job is citations. lotsa counties use camaros too. bought new for the department...not a seized vehicle. (sometimes purchased with seized monies..sometimes not). u dont know wut ur talkn bout. and if you call stock mustang gt or z28 wit $1200 worth of l.e.d.'s moded, they r called low profile slick top units...cheap to operate revenue generating equipment...strictly traffic enforcement.
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

I completely agree that cops shouldn't have arrogant attitudes. They should deal with the public professionally during traffic stops unless forced otherwise. I had a cop call my tail lights "stupid" because they were tinted. That's not professional and I'm always nice to Cops.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
lack of knowledge my ***. r u even on the job, and if so u must not have left ur county or jurisdiction in years. lotsa counties and cities used mustangs back in the eighties and nineties. u cant transport prisoners in a notchback like the one i own. ur primary job is citations. lotsa counties use camaros too. bought new for the department...not a seized vehicle. (sometimes purchased with seized monies..sometimes not). u dont know wut ur talkn bout. and if you call stock mustang gt or z28 wit $1200 worth of l.e.d.'s moded, they r called low profile slick top units...cheap to operate revenue generating equipment...strictly traffic enforcement.
FTW
Old 12-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly, I don't even know why everybody is pissed about this, our tax dollars are makin some good lookin mustangs, and in the process making ford more money, which can then be reinvested to do more automotive research.

And some cops are mustang lovers too, I once was pulled over and the police officer complimented me on my mustang and we started talking about different mustangs that he owned over the years.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #55
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by junoS197Bl08 View Post
Stupid cops...mustangs arent for pigs!

I tried to make it sound as much like the trix commercial as possible
sumone is gonna stop u wit a broken dash cam.........voice ur opinion, but dont be a dick
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #56
Regular

This whole thread has gone off into 3 or 4 different arguments

Reddit
Old 12-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #57
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

another four arguments that won't be solved. Just like the V6/V8 argument.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #58
Regular

Apparently Bullitt wants to tell everyone how lame we are: Sarge... - TorqueAddicts.net

Everyone wave

Reddit
Old 12-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #59
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Hi mom!

Old 12-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, I did say I was done with the discussion(I don't e-argue lol, nor take things personally) but, I do have to post again in here to ask, how the HELL did you find that so fast without 1. viewing the new thread and 2. without joining You dam web gurus.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #61
Regular

Quote:
Ok, I did say I was done with the discussion(I don't e-argue lol, nor take things personally) but, I do have to post again in here to ask, how the HELL did you find that so fast without 1. viewing the new thread and 2. without joining You dam web gurus.
I have live feeds of web traffic to the site

Reddit
Old 12-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #62
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

He's got connections. Watch your back.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
another four arguments that won't be solved. Just like the V6/V8 argument.
There is a V6/V8 argument? I thought it was a commandment that 4V modular>*
Old 12-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #64
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

funny guy. Nice trike.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
Are we reading two different pages? I never said anything about ssp mustangs, camaros, etc. I was talking about cops needing faster cop cars(charger as opposed to crown vic) to chase stock 400+hp Camaro SS's and Mustang GT's that anyone with 35 grand can buy now.

AGAIN, the drug seizure cars i was talking about were the previously stated integras, sti, etc.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #66
Regular

Quote:
Are we reading two different pages? I never said anything about ssp mustangs, camaros, etc. I was talking about cops needing faster cop cars(charger as opposed to crown vic) to chase stock 400+hp Camaro SS's and Mustang GT's that anyone with 35 grand can buy now.

AGAIN, the drug seizure cars i was talking about were the previously stated integras, sti, etc.
Cops don't need to get up that fast in a chase anyway. Do you think it is safe to have a 400HP Camaro going 140MPH down the interstate because the cops have a Dodge Charger that can keep up?

High speed chases are so controversial already.

Reddit
Old 12-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ijack View Post
Louisville KY has 2 wrx subaru they use to cut back in illegal street racing.
This is what I was talking about
Old 12-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cops don't need to get up that fast in a chase anyway. Do you think it is safe to have a 400HP Camaro going 140MPH down the interstate because the cops have a Dodge Charger that can keep up?

High speed chases are so controversial already.
I will agree it is controversial. There are plenty views to be had. One is if they think thr cop can keep up, will they run, where and when to chase and so on.

The reason i said i was done with discussion is that we obviously have different views and neither of us see the other side. Which is fine. No qualms here.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
funny guy. Nice trike.
I wasn't being funny.... :headscratch:

4V modular is the best designed engine for making power unless you get into the Top Fuel NHRA engine and 700+ ci Pro Stock engines..... I smell a new thread:biggrin:.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #70
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge
Yea I read that ****. That guy Brent Wilson that owns that site appears to be an immature dumbass that is pissed because his driving style keeps him in close contact with State Troopers. I bet if his little punk *** was getting robbed or his *** beat at the Pickle Park on the interstate State Police would be who he called to come save his ***. Also sounds like Lalayla can't keep her baby daddy in check and didn't like how thinks went when she called the Po Po over to babysit her stupid ***. Tell Mr. Brent Wilson that I look really forward to meeting him one day as he passes through our middle of nowhere backwoods state.

See, this is coming from a State Trooper. Already on his **** list because I think all State Troopers have a stick up their ***. Guess what... looks like I was right.

As far as my driving style, I've only had 4 tickets in my life and I deserved all of them but one. Like I said, I'm not against getting a ticket when you are breaking the law. My beef is with people like Sarge, who seem to know everything about everyone and look forward to writing people tickets because they don't like what they have to say on the internet.

I also stated that Sheriffs are some of the friendliest out of law enforcements.

Someone needs to read my posts before going off on me on another site Getting all worked up for nothing.

He can sure talk some **** can't he?

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion