Undercover Cop Mustang - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #71
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Wow.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 08:02 PM   #72
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
People should have mandatory full mental evaluations before being allowed to serve for law enforcement. He's just proving the whole ****ing point. For every good cop there is an egotistical ****** bag.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #73
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Undercover Cop Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
Are we reading two different pages? I never said anything about ssp mustangs, camaros, etc. I was talking about cops needing faster cop cars(charger as opposed to crown vic) to chase stock 400+hp Camaro SS's and Mustang GT's that anyone with 35 grand can buy now.

AGAIN, the drug seizure cars i was talking about were the previously stated integras, sti, etc.
i think u thought i meant integras and wut not when i said "pay for those hotrods". i was refering to ssp vehicles. i know no dept is gonna pay for for a sti with aftermarket turbo. and your "lack of knowledge" comment pissed me off a bit too. i felt like their coulda been a bit more tact.
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #74
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
People should have mandatory full mental evaluations before being allowed to serve for law enforcement. He's just proving the whole ****ing point. For every good cop there is an egotistical ****** bag.
The sad part is they are. It happens to other people, we just notice it in cops more often. Everyone has an ego, it's how you control your ego.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to A5295

Aight, I dont get on here much, and maybe wont be able to anymore after this post but

FYI, Brent and everyone else: Sarge is probably one of the more professional, level-headed, and intelligent LEO's you'll ever meet. He's done a lot to help others understand what LEO's go through, and even helped some of the rest of us better our physiques with his fitness knowledge.

Whats wrong with him having a stern opinion when someone makes a stereotypical statement about what he does for a living, and the other people he serves this country with? Perhaps he could have read the thread a little further, I agree. That still doesn't make what he said completely wrong? How many folks feel like you do, Brent, and treat him as such(not saying you do), without even him getting the first word out of his mouth? Wouldn't that chap you just a bit too?

As far as the personality traits of different branches of LEO's, most of it is based on how they are trained. Have you ever done any research on how most state troopers are trained? Most states have a completely different academy (maybe not different venues, though) for police and state trooper/hwy patrol. Both training centers work independent of each other, and train in a variety of different ways.

It is my understanding that the Tooper/hwy patrol training is much more like a military boot camp/basic training, which explains the more hardened nature of the officers. This does not permit them to be ******bags, but they do seem to be a bit more stern and black and white in their views. The variety of different people, the open-road type of jurisdictions they cover, and the increased level of risk dictate a different type of training/attitude in my opinion. I have friends in different states, from different branches of LEO's, and I can honestly say that the bad apples definitely do more to spoil the batch than the scores of good ones do to sweeten it.

With all that said, You can argue the point as you'd like - it won't justify me creating any kind of dramatic response. I've got not just a few, but rolls of tickets from all kinds of LEO's in different states, counties, etc. I can count on one hand how many of them were just rude and insufferable. Usually I deserved it. For the record, the real dicks I've met have been SO's, but they are few and far between.

Gonna leave you with one last thought -if you are correct in your assumption that all Troopers are pricks, and don't deserve there jobs, would you really rather we be without them?

The unmarked car in the first post looks awesome, BTW.

-Michael
86 GT, H&R Race Springs, Tokico Illuminas, MM Caster/Camber plates, Bassani E/L CC Headers, Pypes Catted X, and MagnaflowCatback, Steeda Tri-Ax, 3:73's, AlpineCDA-9856 Headunit, Image Dynamics IDQ 10.2 DVC Sub, RF 201S Amp
A5295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #76
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5295 View Post
Aight, I dont get on here much, and maybe wont be able to anymore after this post but

FYI, Brent and everyone else: Sarge is probably one of the more professional, level-headed, and intelligent LEO's you'll ever meet. He's done a lot to help others understand what LEO's go through, and even helped some of the rest of us better our physiques with his fitness knowledge.

Whats wrong with him having a stern opinion when someone makes a stereotypical statement about what he does for a living, and the other people he serves this country with? Perhaps he could have read the thread a little further, I agree. That still doesn't make what he said completely wrong? How many folks feel like you do, Brent, and treat him as such(not saying you do), without even him getting the first word out of his mouth? Wouldn't that chap you just a bit too?

As far as the personality traits of different branches of LEO's, most of it is based on how they are trained. Have you ever done any research on how most state troopers are trained? Most states have a completely different academy (maybe not different venues, though) for police and state trooper/hwy patrol. Both training centers work independent of each other, and train in a variety of different ways.

It is my understanding that the Tooper/hwy patrol training is much more like a military boot camp/basic training, which explains the more hardened nature of the officers. This does not permit them to be ******bags, but they do seem to be a bit more stern and black and white in their views. The variety of different people, the open-road type of jurisdictions they cover, and the increased level of risk dictate a different type of training/attitude in my opinion. I have friends in different states, from different branches of LEO's, and I can honestly say that the bad apples definitely do more to spoil the batch than the scores of good ones do to sweeten it.

With all that said, You can argue the point as you'd like - it won't justify me creating any kind of dramatic response. I've got not just a few, but rolls of tickets from all kinds of LEO's in different states, counties, etc. I can count on one hand how many of them were just rude and insufferable. Usually I deserved it. For the record, the real dicks I've met have been SO's, but they are few and far between.

Gonna leave you with one last thought -if you are correct in your assumption that all Troopers are pricks, and don't deserve there jobs, would you really rather we be without them?

-Michael
I said most State Troopers I have come across are pricks. I didn't say all of them are, but the ones I have met on and off duty are ******** and/or cocky. The city police officers and sheriff officers I have met are more down to earth and friendly. You know how stereotypes are. They are exaggerated but there is a lot of truth to a lot of them.

I did meet one friendly state trooper outside of Birmingham, AL returning from Baton Rouge during the summer. I was at a gas station filling up and he was at the pump next to me. After giving a person directions he walked back and got in his car and preceded to leave. He then stopped, opened his door and complimented my car. He was driving a Dodge Charger police cruiser. He seemed like a nice enough guy and I am sure he was.

Maybe my sampling is bad, but it just isn't 3-4 State troopers I have come across. I used to work with one. What a piece of **** he was. He constantly bragged about his job and even threatened to right me and a few other co workers tickets while off duty working with us.

If Sarge is one of the more level headed ones then I hope the loose cannon ones stay off the internet. Sarge's response to me was ridiculous and childish and did more to prove my point about how they can be pricks. I mean, seriously, how mature do you have to be to have a reply like that because you don't like someones opinion of your profession?

P.S. Can you educate me on how state troopers need more military style training than say, city cops in Oakland, CA or Detriot, MI?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:15 AM   #77
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5295

-Michael
My opinion:
I for one never said that ALL of them were dicks. Just my experience with my local Florida Highway Patrol has given me the perception that "most" are dicks. If I broke the law then yes, I accept responsibility for my actions and will pay the consequence . I would think "Sarge", as a police officer, would have more professionalism when it comes to his responses. I cant "keep my baby daddy in check?" That was not just a stern opinion but an immature response. Shouldn't cops get the whole story, anyway? He's also being "one-sided". He obviously didn't read the whole thread. Instead of throwing childish responses maybe he could not act like the cops that give us the opinion in the first place.

I agree with Brent about local city cops seem more down to earth and grounded but they have their bad apples too. I know one personally unfortunately.

I have met great State Troopers but I just have met more ******* ones.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #78
Regular

Quote:
I thought it was a well thought out and written post. Even after that, they are still very critical of everything cops do or don't do to their liking. I think they should try and look at what they are doing to protect us. I dont how a few interactions represent an entire force of officers...
Since you won't reply here Bullitt..... I'd love for you to point out where I am not appreciative of what LEOs do? They have a tough job. That does not excuse piss poor attitudes towards people.

LEOs need to stop getting so riled up every time someone posts a negative outlook on certain aspects of your profession. We get what you do for everyone. There is no need to throw that out there every time.

My issue is and continues to be attitudes of cops. If you can't accept that and understand that this is an issue then there is nothing else to be said. Your profession is tainted by cops who are unfriendly and unprofessional during traffic stops and/or people who are just not fit, personality wise, to be a police officer.

I pointed out a personal opinion of my view on certain LEOs and you went and posted it to all your cop buddies so you all could pat each other on the back about how us "citizens" just don't understand how great of a job you do for us.

P.S. Sarge is suppose to be one of the good guys, but even he took no time to state that he can't wait to find me in his area of Mississippi so he could write me a take. (At least, that is what I assume he ment). If you can't see how that makes my point then it will never make its way through to the people reading this that are so riled up by it.

All you got to do, apparently, is say something negative about the guys job and he is ready to get his payback via his job!

Reddit
Old 12-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #79
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

You couldn't have said it better.

Just because a few of us have had negative experiences doesn't mean that we don't get how important the job is or how demanding it is. I can understand brute force when needed and I respect that. Like previously stated, it's the sour apples we are talking about. Not EVERY single cop. It's not like we don't appreciate what you cops do. (I considered becoming one myself at one point) But a general traffic stop with no offenses should be handled professionally not with piss poor attitudes.

This isn't an attack on all cops. It's an opinion and you guys are taking it all wrong.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #80
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
My issue is and continues to be attitudes of cops. If you can't accept that and understand that this is an issue then there is nothing else to be said. Your profession is tainted by cops who are unfriendly and unprofessional during traffic stops and/or people who are just not fit, personality wise, to be a police officer.
Exactly.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I hate State Troopers. With a passion. I have yet to meet one that wasn't a complete dick. I am not talking during traffic stops either.
Quote:
+10000000

So where does it say, "I appreciate what they do again?"

And I never said I was an LEO.... I am just a strong supporter of what they do.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #82
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
So where does it say, "I appreciate what they do again?"
Where does it say I don't? Do I need a 9/11 never forget type badge every time I say something negative about a LEO professions?

Quote:
And I never said I was an LEO.... I am just a strong supporter of what they do.
That is pretty obvious. I support the job and respect the fact that it isn't perfect, by any stretch. Your boy Sarge has proven my point too.

Quote:
P.S. Sarge is suppose to be one of the good guys, but even he took no time to state that he can't wait to find me in his area of Mississippi so he could write me a take. (At least, that is what I assume he ment). If you can't see how that makes my point then it will never make its way through to the people reading this that are so riled up by it.

All you got to do, apparently, is say something negative about the guys job and he is ready to get his payback via his job
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge
Yea I read that ****. That guy Brent Wilson that owns that site appears to be an immature dumbass that is pissed because his driving style keeps him in close contact with State Troopers. I bet if his little punk *** was getting robbed or his *** beat at the Pickle Park on the interstate State Police would be who he called to come save his ***. Also sounds like Lalayla can't keep her baby daddy in check and didn't like how thinks went when she called the Po Po over to babysit her stupid ***. Tell Mr. Brent Wilson that I look really forward to meeting him one day as he passes through our middle of nowhere backwoods state.

Reddit
Old 12-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #83
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

This is a joke, right?

Never said I didn't appreciate them either. Its a tough ****ing job. My experiences have sucked with FHP over petty ****. I'm sorry if that offends the Mississippi Highway Patrol. Don't have to worry about me driving through your "middle of nowhere backwoods state."

Sarge is only proving our opinions. He's judging before he even knows what even happened in my experiences with HP.

I obviously need to call the cops to "come babysit my stupid ***"

Old 12-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #84
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

And the sites cross paths...lol.

Law enforcement officers have a very different occupation from the rest of us. It's very difficult for someone in that position to be off the clock because realistically they aren't.

Yes, there are some that take their work life and cross it into their personal life. It's the nature of the beast.

The best thing I can tell you is if you feel you are being harrassed or dealt with inappropriately by an officer, on or off the clock, simply call a superior officer and make a report.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:48 PM   #85
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
And the sites cross paths...lol.

Law enforcement officers have a very different occupation from the rest of us. It's very difficult for someone in that position to be off the clock because realistically they aren't.

Yes, there are some that take their work life and cross it into their personal life. It's the nature of the beast.

The best thing I can tell you is if you feel you are being harrassed or dealt with inappropriately by an officer, on or off the clock, simply call a superior officer and make a report.
So I should report Sarge? I don't feel safe driving through Mississippi now

Give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge
Isn't that Brent Wilson guy one of the owners of the site? If so ,I don't know how you can say that to defend him and the site. I bet you don't see Tireburner or Willus or the owners of any other car enthusiasts site saying that all police officers are ******bags basically.
I guess Sheriffs and city police are not police officers

Reddit
Old 12-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Brent FTW!!
Old 12-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
sumone is gonna stop u wit a broken dash cam.........voice ur opinion, but dont be a dick
How is that being a dick? I made a joke...and maybe you shld grow a sense of humor and read some of my other posts on this thread before you call me a dick.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #88
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky

Quote:
Apparently Bullitt wants to tell everyone how lame we are: Sarge... - TorqueAddicts.net

Everyone wave
Quote:
Originally Posted by A5295 View Post

-Michael
Quote:
I said most State Troopers I have come across are pricks. I didn't say all of them are, but the ones I have met on and off duty are ******** and/or cocky. The city police officers and sheriff officers I have met are more down to earth and friendly. You know how stereotypes are. They are exaggerated but there is a lot of truth to a lot of them.

I did meet one friendly state trooper outside of Birmingham, AL returning from Baton Rouge during the summer. I was at a gas station filling up and he was at the pump next to me. After giving a person directions he walked back and got in his car and preceded to leave. He then stopped, opened his door and complimented my car. He was driving a Dodge Charger police cruiser. He seemed like a nice enough guy and I am sure he was.

Maybe my sampling is bad, but it just isn't 3-4 State troopers I have come across. I used to work with one. What a piece of **** he was. He constantly bragged about his job and even threatened to right me and a few other co workers tickets while off duty working with us.

If Sarge is one of the more level headed ones then I hope the loose cannon ones stay off the internet. Sarge's response to me was ridiculous and childish and did more to prove my point about how they can be pricks. I mean, seriously, how mature do you have to be to have a reply like that because you don't like someones opinion of your profession?

P.S. Can you educate me on how state troopers need more military style training than say, city cops in Oakland, CA or Detriot, MI?
Quote:
My opinion:
I for one never said that ALL of them were dicks. Just my experience with my local Florida Highway Patrol has given me the perception that "most" are dicks. If I broke the law then yes, I accept responsibility for my actions and will pay the consequence . I would think "Sarge", as a police officer, would have more professionalism when it comes to his responses. I cant "keep my baby daddy in check?" That was not just a stern opinion but an immature response. Shouldn't cops get the whole story, anyway? He's also being "one-sided". He obviously didn't read the whole thread. Instead of throwing childish responses maybe he could not act like the cops that give us the opinion in the first place.

I agree with Brent about local city cops seem more down to earth and grounded but they have their bad apples too. I know one personally unfortunately.

I have met great State Troopers but I just have met more ******* ones.
This has been an iteresting thread Keep up the arguing, it entertains me very much. Better than watching soap opera's
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:25 AM   #89
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

I agree, it is funny.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack
I don't have a problem with cops just the ones that think they can run over the speed limit and break the rules because they are officers of the law. There are a lit of these in KY. Or talking on their cell phones they are the role models the we should follow. Then they should start acting that way!

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:34 AM   #91
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ijack View Post
I don't have a problem with cops just the ones that think they can run over the speed limit and break the rules because they are officers of the law. There are a lit of these in KY. Or talking on their cell phones they are the role models the we should follow. Then they should start acting that way!
I agree 100% with you and Brent. 99.99999999% of the state police are or act like ********. I'm surprised we don't hear more about state police getting shot for being dick heads. If they weren't hiding behind that badge all the time I would knock their f#@ken teeth out when they smarted off to me.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:16 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I met this cop on the job, he needed a favor to fix his TV cables and I wanted pictures with his car and he agreed. This car is in Coronado, (San Diego) Calif.

msgt46270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #93
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

That's an awesome photo!

Old 12-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco

yea I wouldn't be trusting that ether defiantly find a place to pull over with people around
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #95
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by junoS197Bl08 View Post
How is that being a dick? I made a joke...and maybe you shld grow a sense of humor and read some of my other posts on this thread before you call me a dick.
r u serious? idk any l.e.o. that doesnt find the term "pig" offensive. i been called pig for more years then i care to mention. all it is is cop bashn. but when the bad ppl come...who do you call? im professional and courteous all the time. most o ppl get into law enforcement because they enjoy hepln ppl, enjoy make'n a difference in a fukd up world. being refered to as a pig because one decides to make a difference with their life is not humerous.

i think you need to grow up. go approach any cop on the street, call him a pig to his face... and then ask him if he thinks your a comedian?

ppl can ignore your ignorance...it doesnt make it any less offensive.
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion