Retro car??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Retro car???

I think that Ford(and the other companies) should go back and make all of their really popular muscle cars again. Like the dodge challenger, instead of making the replica they made they should have built an exact copy of the 70's version and made it more modern in terms of safety and handling. Sound like a good idea to anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 01:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Retro car???

Yea but the fact is, more people want modern cars. As much as the people on this forum and car people like the older muscle, you're gonna get more customers with modern and updated things. But if this was an option, i'd definitely support it. I love old muscle.

v0nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana

i would absolutely love it! but i agree, i don't think the market would support it. most people want that new design with modern technology, etc.
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

No market for it. Besides with all the new Federal Regulations it would never be the same.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

I know of plenty of people at my school that would love it if they did this... Even if there isn't a market they could do them on a special order basis, they would cost more but I would say it's worth it
Old 12-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6
i would absolutely love it! but i agree, i don't think the market would support it. most people want that new design with modern technology, etc.
+1

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770
I know of plenty of people at my school that would love it if they did this... Even if there isn't a market they could do them on a special order basis, they would cost more but I would say it's worth it
Why not just go buy the real thing? There are plenty of muscle cars out there and you get the original not some cheap copy. That is what they would be if they started making them again. But they would charge an arm and a leg for them. So just go buy an original that either needs work or one that has been restored depending on how much you willing to spend.
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster View Post
Why not just go buy the real thing? There are plenty of muscle cars out there and you get the original not some cheap copy. That is what they would be if they started making them again. But they would charge an arm and a leg for them. So just go buy an original that either needs work or one that has been restored depending on how much you willing to spend.
Well for a 70's challenger (I want one) they are really expensive even if they need work. And I doubt the manufacturers would make that crappy of a copy, I'm saying they need to make the exact same frame and body and make the interior modern
Old 12-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well for a 70's challenger (I want one) they are really expensive even if they need work. And I doubt the manufacturers would make that crappy of a copy, I'm saying they need to make the exact same frame and body and make the interior modern
If they built that exact same car with steel it would be a small fortune. So in order to make them affordable they would build them like a Kia, especially dodge.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

I'm not talking with steel, the aluminum bodys look just as good to me or even fiberglass would look good. For the purist they may be cheap but I don't think that they would look that bad.....
Old 12-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not talking with steel, the aluminum bodys look just as good to me or even fiberglass would look good. For the purist they may be cheap but I don't think that they would look that bad.....
They wouldn't look bad your right. I guess I am a purist, but why would you spend 30,000 to 50,000 on a replica when u can get an original for that much?
Old 12-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
They wouldn't look bad your right. I guess I am a purist, but why would you spend 30,000 to 50,000 on a replica when u can get an original for that much?
I'm more of a resto-mod guy. And if you think about, you buy a 70 challenger with miles already put on it and it cost 30-50,000 or you could buy a brand new one that has no miles, updated stereo, and other new technologies for the same price. Not to mention the older one could have rust you have to deal with. I would rather go with a new one....
Old 12-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm more of a resto-mod guy. And if you think about, you buy a 70 challenger with miles already put on it and it cost 30-50,000 or you could buy a brand new one that has no miles, updated stereo, and other new technologies for the same price. Not to mention the older one could have rust you have to deal with. I would rather go with a new one....
One the engines built back then by hand are so much nicer then today's. Two if it had rust or any other kind of work you wouldn't pay much for it. Three if your in a wreck with another car, guess whose going to the hospital. The person in a aluminum Kia or dodge
Old 12-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco

Quote:
I agree!!
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

It's a cool idea, but as others have said, it will never happen due to what the market demands. People like the idea of a retro look with modern technology. Look how many new challengers, mustangs and camaros they have sold compared to the previous models that weren't retro.

The people who grew up driving/buying those 60's/70's originals are definitely scooping them up. Just ask them...they love the modern technology, because lets be honest, there have been a lot of improvements to cars since the days of the originals, and they remember those days, lol.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion