Retro car??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
MC770's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,761
Retro car???

I think that Ford(and the other companies) should go back and make all of their really popular muscle cars again. Like the dodge challenger, instead of making the replica they made they should have built an exact copy of the 70's version and made it more modern in terms of safety and handling. Sound like a good idea to anyone else?
__________________
~2003 Zinc Yellow Terminator Cobra~
~482 RWHP / 487 LBS Torque~
MC770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-29-2010, 01:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
v0nz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 73
Re: Retro car???

Yea but the fact is, more people want modern cars. As much as the people on this forum and car people like the older muscle, you're gonna get more customers with modern and updated things. But if this was an option, i'd definitely support it. I love old muscle.
__________________
Proud 2004 v6 3.8L Pony Owner.

v0nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: Retro car???

i would absolutely love it! but i agree, i don't think the market would support it. most people want that new design with modern technology, etc.
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: Retro car???

No market for it. Besides with all the new Federal Regulations it would never be the same.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
MC770's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,761
Re: Retro car???

I know of plenty of people at my school that would love it if they did this... Even if there isn't a market they could do them on a special order basis, they would cost more but I would say it's worth it
__________________
~2003 Zinc Yellow Terminator Cobra~
~482 RWHP / 487 LBS Torque~
MC770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6
i would absolutely love it! but i agree, i don't think the market would support it. most people want that new design with modern technology, etc.
+1
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770
I know of plenty of people at my school that would love it if they did this... Even if there isn't a market they could do them on a special order basis, they would cost more but I would say it's worth it
Why not just go buy the real thing? There are plenty of muscle cars out there and you get the original not some cheap copy. That is what they would be if they started making them again. But they would charge an arm and a leg for them. So just go buy an original that either needs work or one that has been restored depending on how much you willing to spend.
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
MC770's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,761
Re: Retro car???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster View Post
Why not just go buy the real thing? There are plenty of muscle cars out there and you get the original not some cheap copy. That is what they would be if they started making them again. But they would charge an arm and a leg for them. So just go buy an original that either needs work or one that has been restored depending on how much you willing to spend.
Well for a 70's challenger (I want one) they are really expensive even if they need work. And I doubt the manufacturers would make that crappy of a copy, I'm saying they need to make the exact same frame and body and make the interior modern
__________________
~2003 Zinc Yellow Terminator Cobra~
~482 RWHP / 487 LBS Torque~
MC770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770

Well for a 70's challenger (I want one) they are really expensive even if they need work. And I doubt the manufacturers would make that crappy of a copy, I'm saying they need to make the exact same frame and body and make the interior modern
If they built that exact same car with steel it would be a small fortune. So in order to make them affordable they would build them like a Kia, especially dodge.
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
MC770's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,761
Re: Retro car???

I'm not talking with steel, the aluminum bodys look just as good to me or even fiberglass would look good. For the purist they may be cheap but I don't think that they would look that bad.....
__________________
~2003 Zinc Yellow Terminator Cobra~
~482 RWHP / 487 LBS Torque~
MC770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770
I'm not talking with steel, the aluminum bodys look just as good to me or even fiberglass would look good. For the purist they may be cheap but I don't think that they would look that bad.....
They wouldn't look bad your right. I guess I am a purist, but why would you spend 30,000 to 50,000 on a replica when u can get an original for that much?
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
MC770's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,761
Re: Retro car???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster View Post
They wouldn't look bad your right. I guess I am a purist, but why would you spend 30,000 to 50,000 on a replica when u can get an original for that much?
I'm more of a resto-mod guy. And if you think about, you buy a 70 challenger with miles already put on it and it cost 30-50,000 or you could buy a brand new one that has no miles, updated stereo, and other new technologies for the same price. Not to mention the older one could have rust you have to deal with. I would rather go with a new one....
__________________
~2003 Zinc Yellow Terminator Cobra~
~482 RWHP / 487 LBS Torque~
MC770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770

I'm more of a resto-mod guy. And if you think about, you buy a 70 challenger with miles already put on it and it cost 30-50,000 or you could buy a brand new one that has no miles, updated stereo, and other new technologies for the same price. Not to mention the older one could have rust you have to deal with. I would rather go with a new one....
One the engines built back then by hand are so much nicer then today's. Two if it had rust or any other kind of work you wouldn't pay much for it. Three if your in a wreck with another car, guess whose going to the hospital. The person in a aluminum Kia or dodge
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Re: Retro car???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster View Post
Why not just go buy the real thing? There are plenty of muscle cars out there and you get the original not some cheap copy. That is what they would be if they started making them again. But they would charge an arm and a leg for them. So just go buy an original that either needs work or one that has been restored depending on how much you willing to spend.
I agree!!
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Retro car???

It's a cool idea, but as others have said, it will never happen due to what the market demands. People like the idea of a retro look with modern technology. Look how many new challengers, mustangs and camaros they have sold compared to the previous models that weren't retro.

The people who grew up driving/buying those 60's/70's originals are definitely scooping them up. Just ask them...they love the modern technology, because lets be honest, there have been a lot of improvements to cars since the days of the originals, and they remember those days, lol.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1990 LX show car being auctioned off on ebay CHECK THIS CAR OUT! fordguy23 Mustangs for Sale and Wanted 0 10-11-2006 11:03 AM
Pics of the car with fresh coat of water less car wash SpectorV Mustang Audio & Video 22 02-23-2004 09:12 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:49 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.