Joe Gosinski died from gunshot wound - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
From Jalopnik:

UPDATE: The Daily Breeze reports the coroner now says it was a gunshot wound to the chest that killed Gosinski. There was one twist to the case, which unfortunately provided little evidence. While KTLA 5 was reporting the incident, a pickup truck pulled up in front of Gosinski's shop, Chicane Sport Tuning, and a passenger yelled, "Get another body bag!" There's no word on whether the threat is connected with the slaying.

Friends and family posted a Joe Gosinski Memorial Page on Facebook, as their grief and anger spilled over into Saleen Forums, where member michellewood posted the following.

Joseph William Gosinski is my big brother. I talked to him on the phone Thursday , December 23 at about 2:49 p.m. California time. He was working in his shop and my brother was fine. Some time after that a COWARD took his life. This is not right, Who ever you are you did not have the right to take him away. Some day God will make you pay for what you did to him, I wish I could get my hands on you first I don't care who you are I want you to hurt. If anyone knows or hears anything no matter how small of information it might be , Please tell the police. Thank you to all of you who knew him and have posted the kind words and comments. To the ones out there who are heartless and like to say ugly things.. IF you don't have thing nice to say about my brother.. just DO NOT say anything. I miss him and I just want my big brother back.

In a self-narrated video for the shop, Gosinski—who once appeared on the TV show "Overhaulin"—recalls a gearhead's upbringing in Detroit; his mother owned a 1968 Corvette, his dad a Chevy El Camino. After a stint in the Army, Gosinski worked for Saleen Autosport, where he invented a strut tower brace used by Saleen vehicles that provided extra stiffness while accommodating a supercharger intercooler, and allowing the hood to close.

Gosinski, who lived with his girlfriend and her daughter in Huntington Beach, California, has been described as a perfectionist by friends and customer, and a "'straight shooter' with an abrasive personality" in an article on Mustang Evolution.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: Joe Gosinski died from gunshot wound

Yeah I've been following this story pretty closely.. Joe's worked on my car and has sold me parts before.. Great guy.. I was planning to go back to him in the near future looks like I won't have a chance..

Also this shop is pretty close (within a mile) of where I work.. I was pretty shocked when I heard..
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion