2012 Camaro - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
2012 Camaro

The 2012 Camaro looks almost exactly the same. I'm not a fan of the recent Camaros. They looks plastic-y and more like a matchbox car then an actual car. I also don't think they should be called muscle cars...they look more like corvettes to me. The only reason they are popular (in my opinion) is because of transformers...

sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Re: 2012 Camaro

that has to go ,looks like they tried to copy the Boss 302 with that open lower grill / splitter ???? only it doesn't work on the Camaro , looks bad and it has Caddy front driving lights under the headlights ??? WTF ?? No new ideas ???
Old 02-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

hey its a Camarollac , lol
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde View Post
that has to go ,looks like they tried to copy the Boss 302 with that open lower grill / splitter ???? only it doesn't work on the Camaro , looks bad and it has Caddy front driving lights under the headlights ??? WTF ?? No new ideas ???
I completely agree.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno4life View Post
The 2012 Camaro looks almost exactly the same. I'm not a fan of the recent Camaros. They looks plastic-y and more like a matchbox car then an actual car. I also don't think they should be called muscle cars...they look more like corvettes to me. The only reason they are popular (in my opinion) is because of transformers...

i agree and most sound like s***
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Yeah, I've never really been the biggest fan from the catfish days until now. It looks like a big blindspot. The pillars are huge and the windows are small.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
Yeah, I've never really been the biggest fan from the catfish days until now. It looks like a big blindspot. The pillars are huge and the windows are small.
lol
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #8
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

ill still drive it like i stole it....

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Don't really like em but did like this one 2 years ago at Barrett Jackson.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #10
Titus Wadicus
Regular

ive had 1 camaro, one iroc z28, one formula, one trans am, one trans am gta..all v8's loved them all...

racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
Old 02-11-2011, 05:54 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Test drove one for sh**s and giggles before buying my gt. I felt like I was trying to guide an aircraft carrier through a hedge maze. It was fun untill you had to turn. Plus there isn't much of an exhaust note and that is a must for a true muscle car. Don't even get me started with the blind spots.
mjb09gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

not to bad
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
not to bad
What are you talking about?? It looks exactly the same except for the ****ty hood and the cadillac fog lights...
Old 02-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #14
Titus Wadicus
Regular

ive sat in one...abd the blind spots all 360 degrees of it, are a bit intimidating. but i used to drive a suburban with a lift kit..so i felt like i could get used to it...lol.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

i sat in one recently and it wasnt nearly as comfortable as the 2010...and they are freaking releasing a comp orange color in it.....WTF

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno4life
I'd take a Mustang over anything. I love my Pony.
King1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King1987

I'd take a Mustang over anything. I love my Pony.
Same.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Oh you know all those bowtie fanboys will be creaming their pants when they see that new hood and lower fascia.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Driving that car is terrible. My buddy with a '00 SS always complains that the Mustang feels like a Go-Cart and I always complain that the Camaro feels like a tank. If I wanted a tank I would drive a Delta 88 so that when I hit something due to the blind spots the car just kept rolling. The new Camaro is nothing special and it's kind of a shame to see it took GM 7 years to make a car that's not any better than it's predecessor in 2002 when it comes with almost 100 more HP.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

idk if they let a cts-v have sex with a 2011 camaro but that thing just looks wrong. it looks like a really bad aftermarket job. it has that bend in the center and that dumb looking lower grill. and never put a splitter on a tank. its heavy enough, it doesnt need anymore downforce. the best camaro was the bumblebee and that was only cuz of the color scheme and futuristic styling for its time. now thats been around for so long it not as appealing or even close to as head turning as it used to be. i love all muscle cars but chevy took a step back with this one imo.

mylilpny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Word is that they are dumping some more in the hood to get its 1/4 time down past the 5.0s. If the sales don't bounce back its getting scraped and redesigined. Heard that through one of my gm buddies.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx
ive had 1 camaro, one iroc z28, one formula, one trans am, one trans am gta..all v8's loved them all...
The irocs were sweet. I would love to have an old yanko.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb09gt View Post
Word is that they are dumping some more in the hood to get its 1/4 time down past the 5.0s. If the sales don't bounce back its getting scraped and redesigined. Heard that through one of my gm buddies.
They need to redesign it
I didn't mind the older camaros but the new one disappointed me
They had 9 years and thats all they could come up with?
Should have been better IMO

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:36 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I know you guys will be mad at me for saying this but I like the Camaro any year they're all good like the Mustang and the Challenger+Charger. If there were any new muscle cars in my price range I'd buy it, feels good having some choice, all I have is FORD, FORD, FORD, and a Dodge Intrepid that doesn't run. I have friends that like Dodge and Chevy (Chrysler and GM) they like all aswell. A muscle car is a muscle car it's special in its own unique way like imports/ tuners. Mustangs need a few things fixed right off the lot but so does everything else, they've got they're ups and downs. A up for Mustangs are their drivability, a up for a Challenger is it'd make a great first car, the Charger is the only American muscle car from 2011 that has four doors and some families like great family cars with some power to it, and the Camaro is great for anyone who likes a car with a good sounding car that is very fun and simple to customize. Fords are expensive to build and Chevy's are cheap, Dodges are in between. Without our competition (Camaro, Charger, and Challenger) the Mustang might not of survived as long. Without all of them including Mustangs everyone would probably driving around in Civics. Now the reason I like the Mustang so much is because that's what I grew up with and will always like, I know Chevy is better than Ford but I still love Ford. It's just in the pride, without competition we'd be nothing.
BoLtThEhUsKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:14 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to JB3nd3r

I don't mind it, actually kind of like it... would scrap a few things but honestly I would do that with almost any new car coming out. I have my 2010 GT, My dad had an 09 R/T Challenger before he traded it in on a 2011 SS Camaro. All 3 have there pro's and cons, but honestly I like all of them. If your looking for room and comfort but still want the muscle car feel I definitely would go with the Challenger over the Camaro/Mustang, but the challenger doesn't have that lower to the ground aggressive feel that the other 2 do. The New Camaro is horrible when it comes to blind spots I will say that but the power/style of it I do like, and while it is heavy it is very ballsy. The mustang is a bit better than the Camaro on room and you still have that more aggressive feel that you lose "I feel" with the challenger, plus it sounds better and is usually better on affordability. No matter where they take the look there is always going to be the diehard Chevy people, Ford people, and Dodge people that will buy the cars. In plus they all are better than imports in my opinion but that’s just me.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLtThEhUsKy
I know you guys will be mad at me for saying this but I like the Camaro any year they're all good like the Mustang and the Challenger+Charger. If there were any new muscle cars in my price range I'd buy it, feels good having some choice, all I have is FORD, FORD, FORD, and a Dodge Intrepid that doesn't run. I have friends that like Dodge and Chevy (Chrysler and GM) they like all aswell. A muscle car is a muscle car it's special in its own unique way like imports/ tuners. Mustangs need a few things fixed right off the lot but so does everything else, they've got they're ups and downs. A up for Mustangs are their drivability, a up for a Challenger is it'd make a great first car, the Charger is the only American muscle car from 2011 that has four doors and some families like great family cars with some power to it, and the Camaro is great for anyone who likes a car with a good sounding car that is very fun and simple to customize. Fords are expensive to build and Chevy's are cheap, Dodges are in between. Without our competition (Camaro, Charger, and Challenger) the Mustang might not of survived as long. Without all of them including Mustangs everyone would probably driving around in Civics. Now the reason I like the Mustang so much is because that's what I grew up with and will always like, I know Chevy is better than Ford but I still love Ford. It's just in the pride, without competition we'd be nothing.
The new camaros are actually more expensive than the new mustangs.

TTT
Old 03-23-2011, 12:42 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLtThEhUsKy View Post
The Charger is undisputiably a POS. There is no if, and, but about it. I've never seen a car with soo many flaws in my profession. Hopefully they have made some advancements in 2012... but any prior POS.

I don't think a Challenger is a great 1st car at all. Working with these cars everyday I have come to think the Challenger is really a 'special' car. Only enthusiast and people who really want one should purchase them. Def not a kid. They are not agile, don't stop on a dime, the power is appropriate, but they are just big, bulky, clunky, and everything else just screams 'not a kids 1st car'

What does a Mustang need fixed off the lot? The 2010+ cars are one of the best cars on the road at this point.

Also, how can you say Chevy is better than Ford? in what?
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #28

Region: Indiana
Well if I had to choose a camaro it would definitely be an 86-92 Iroc-Z with t-tops of coarse. A 1978-79 trans am and a 70 hemi challenger convertible. And I would only drive these cars if every single mustang spontaneously combusted and there were none left in the world!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

The only GM product I own and will own is a Corvette. Well my wife also has a Hummer H2 but that is her deal.
gixxer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer007
The only GM product I own and will own is a Corvette. Well my wife also has a Hummer H2 but that is her deal.
The h2 is a pos....the h1 is in a league all it own tho

PETOM.biz TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion