Just got layed off - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangchassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,592
Re: Just got layed off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009 View Post
Everyone I just got accepted to the navy!
Congrats youll be fine..Think of it this way your gaining a new family and career! lol...with a paycheck haha
mustangchassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-20-2011, 01:02 AM   #72
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy

Congrats youll be fine..Think of it this way your gaining a new family and career! lol...with a paycheck haha
That's the way I'm seeing it lol right now it's either 4tears in jail or the military haha
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangchassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,592
True
__________________
2013 GT Premium: 15% Tint/Roush Axleback/Gloss Black 5.0 Badges/2007 GT Premium (SOLD)
mustangchassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #74
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
I did my ASVAAB filled out all my paper work just waiting fir my physical to take my oath!
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pete08GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Virginia
Posts: 162
What job did you get?
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #76
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
I havnt choose it's between swcc, seal or diver
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pete08GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Virginia
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009
I havnt choose it's between swcc, seal or diver
Hey man...I know it's a leap to take advice form some guy on a forum you don't know...but do yourself a favor and pick a job that is marketable in the civilian sector. Do it for a couple years, then drop a request for seal after you know more about the navy.
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #78
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT

Hey man...I know it's a leap to take advice form some guy on a forum you don't know...but do yourself a favor and pick a job that is marketable in the civilian sector. Do it for a couple years, then drop a request for seal after you know more about the navy.
What do you mean marketable?
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pete08GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Virginia
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009

What do you mean marketable?
Pick a job that will give you a skill, certificate, training, etc that you can use when you get out. You can always volunteer for SpecOps later...and the chances of making it through training are better. The military is not forever...you will either get our in a few years or make it a career but you will not be old enough to retire...pick something that will keep you employed after the navy. Military intel, aviation, electronics, etc. Pick something where you will have time to go to college. Trust me...I know.
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #80
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT

Pick a job that will give you a skill, certificate, training, etc that you can use when you get out. You can always volunteer for SpecOps later...and the chances of making it through training are better. The military is not forever...you will either get our in a few years or make it a career but you will not be old enough to retire...pick something that will keep you employed after the navy. Military intel, aviation, electronics, etc. Pick something where you will have time to go to college. Trust me...I know.
I was planing on being a cop after so o figured swcc or seal training would be good?
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pete08GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Virginia
Posts: 162
You will need a degree also...college is important.
Cops are trained to keep the peace...not what seals and svcc do. But you also need to follow your passion... You could very well be the right man for that type of life...just be smart and informed. Have a plan.
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #82
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT
You will need a degree also...college is important.
Cops are trained to keep the peace...not what seals and svcc do. But you also need to follow your passion... You could very well be the right man for that type of life...just be smart and informed. Have a plan.
Yea my choice before the military was a sherif but that door closed it's just not possible for me right now and ice always had a dire for the military and me snd my buddy are going in using the buddy program we both have the same goals in life growing up in the same neighborhood so I'm hoping I can serve my minimum if 4 years with him and if I like it I will serve more idk about him
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pete08GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Virginia
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009

Yea my choice before the military was a sherif but that door closed it's just not possible for me right now and ice always had a dire for the military and me snd my buddy are going in using the buddy program we both have the same goals in life growing up in the same neighborhood so I'm hoping I can serve my minimum if 4 years with him and if I like it I will serve more idk about him
The buddy system doesn't work. Recruiters and MEPS cannot guarantee you will be at the same place...maybe in basic training but that's it. Your recruiter is trying to fill a quota...that's his number one goal. Ask him to show you in writing everything he is talking about. If it's true, there will be something official.

You are being "step" sold. It's an effective tactic in sales. Nothing wrong with that...just make sure you verify everything you are told. If you want to be a cop later on, you can do almost anything on the military.
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #84
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT

The buddy system doesn't work. Recruiters and MEPS cannot guarantee you will be at the same place...maybe in basic training but that's it. Your recruiter is trying to fill a quota...that's his number one goal. Ask him to show you in writing everything he is talking about. If it's true, there will be something official.

You are being "step" sold. It's an effective tactic in sales. Nothing wrong with that...just make sure you verify everything you are told. If you want to be a cop later on, you can do almost anything on the military.
I don't know, something about acting like a used car sales man to get humans to join the military.... sounds wrong to me. If the military is built off integrity and trust of your fellow service man, getting lied to by a recruiter so he can get his quota of humans in the military is a pretty bad way to start.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #85
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

I don't know, something about acting like a used car sales man to get humans to join the military.... sounds wrong to me. If the military is built off integrity and trust of your fellow service man, getting lied to by a recruiter so he can get his quota of humans in the military is a pretty bad way to start.
Ya the Recruter said it's not a 4 sure but our jobs and performance can separate us I'm thankful for a honest Recruter everything he has told me I have looked into
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #86
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Just got layed off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009 View Post
Ya the Recruter said it's not a 4 sure but our jobs and performance can separate us I'm thankful for a honest Recruter everything he has told me I have looked into
That is good. I know I have heard some pretty bad stories from people dealing with recruiters.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #87
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

That is good. I know I have heard some pretty bad stories from people dealing with recruiters.
Me too I got lucky he said well probably run into each other a lot if were not together
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pete08GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Virginia
Posts: 162
I recruited for 3 years...out of 7 recruiters I was the only one that thought of the kids I was talking to as a national treasure. They are you know...a national treasure. Sounds like you got a decent recruiter. Good luck to you and thank you for serving!
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #89
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT
I recruited for 3 years...out of 7 recruiters I was the only one that thought of the kids I was talking to as a national treasure. They are you know...a national treasure. Sounds like you got a decent recruiter. Good luck to you and thank you for serving!
Thank you for serving! I'm getting my physical hopefully within the week n a half so I'm hoping to oath next month or 2
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pete08GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Virginia
Posts: 162
Last piece of advice....don't wait too long. Things have a way of happening if you wait too long. I saw lots of good folks get disqualified waiting to enlist. Quick ship and start your journey ASAP! If you have to wait for the job you want, then do so...but don't put off leaving if you don't have to.
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #91
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT
Last piece of advice....don't wait too long. Things have a way of happening if you wait too long. I saw lots of good folks get disqualified waiting to enlist. Quick ship and start your journey ASAP! If you have to wait for the job you want, then do so...but don't put off leaving if you don't have to.
Someone has told me that before not sure who? But yea I'm taking it I'm trying to oath asap
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pete08GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Virginia
Posts: 162
Just wondering how the process is going...keep us updated.
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #93
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT
Just wondering how the process is going...keep us updated.
Cool I take my ASVAAB the 27 and I'm hoping to oath shortly after!
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009

Cool I take my ASVAAB the 27 and I'm hoping to oath shortly after!
Cool! Have you ever taken the asvab before?
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #95
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
The pre test so piece of cake scored high 70's
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009
The pre test so piece of cake scored high 70's
Nice!
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:50 PM   #97
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

Nice!
That was my first test in 2 years so I got this
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
What do you have to score to get in?
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #99
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra
What do you have to score to get in?
At leAst a 50 but I'm going for 80? Or 70's
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #100
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 668
Re: Just got layed off

if you can't pass the navy you can always go army which I think is 40

but you shouldn't have ANY trouble!!!! I do know a guy that failed his 3 times...then he passed it and failed his physical....
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009

At leAst a 50 but I'm going for 80? Or 70's
Nice, should be pretty easy. I took it and got a 95... Although I have the worst work ethic, so my grades don't reflect that...
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:00 AM   #102
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby
if you can't pass the navy you can always go army which I think is 40

but you shouldn't have ANY trouble!!!! I do know a guy that failed his 3 times...then he passed it and failed his physical....
That sucks lol
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:01 AM   #103
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

Nice, should be pretty easy. I took it and got a 95... Although I have the worst work ethic, so my grades don't reflect that...
That's good! Youd be on a nuclear vessel
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:07 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pete07GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 833
Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Re: Just got layed off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009 View Post
That's good! Youd be on a nuclear vessel
God help us.
__________________
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Pete07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:22 AM   #105
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete07GT

God help us.
Haha i heard they suck though
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Layed her down upton7 The Bar 3 10-24-2010 11:13 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:59 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.