Just got layed off - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #211
Road Trip!

Region: California
The navy that is in war over seas are voluntary there are a handful that are pulled but it is voluntary and the navy gets to see the world and things every other branch will never see. Hooyah
And not everyone where's a white sailor suit I'll be in there blue cammies and i believe you have a choice most of the time between black or white suits
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #212
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
Just had a hearing with my ex-employer. Nerve wracking.
Hope it went well for you...
Old 07-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #213
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009
The navy that is in war over seas are voluntary there are a handful that are pulled but it is voluntary and the navy gets to see the world and things every other branch will never see. Hooyah
And not everyone where's a white sailor suit I'll be in there blue cammies and i believe you have a choice most of the time between black or white suits
Thanks you! Haha what i wanted to hear
bradh2414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #214
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
A choice? Hahaha... man say goodbye to choices.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:03 PM   #215
Road Trip!

Most do I've spoken with several sailors that were given the option some chose to because they were given to choice and not forced
Old 07-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #216
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Most do I've spoken with several sailors that were given the option some chose to because they were given to choice and not forced
Everyone has different experiences. Voluntary or involuntary...in my experience, you volunteer once when you enlist, and then when you reenlist...everything else is a well packaged voluntold opportunity.

If you want to get promoted to the senior ranks, deployments are mandatory. You will find this out once you are done with training...

The only way to not deploy is to not enlist. Although there are some jobs in all the branches that won't deploy, your job deals specifically with weapons...you will deploy.
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #217
Road Trip!

Fact of the matter is if you enlist in the military there's a chance in seeing combat correct Pete ?
Old 07-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #218
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Fact of the matter is if you enlist in the military there's a chance in seeing combat correct Pete ?
A high likelihood of a deployment. Combat is a different issue. One can be deployed in a combat zone but never see combat. There are personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan that have never seen the outside of their base...and others that live a very different reality. Two different experiences and types of troops. Of course, many support troops have seen combat but mostly in a defensive posture until they are able to break contact. Combat troops make contact and engage the enemy...an offensive posture. Your job will directly support combat operations...it's not an admin job...you will deploy, and you have a higher likelihood of seeing combat or at least the effects of it.

All service members are trained on basic weapons skills, tactics, and life saving steps for a reason. Lots of navy and air force folks have fired rounds down range, experienced VBIDS, IEDs, mortars, and various other unpleasantries.

You need to understand that. You didn't enlist to draw a paycheck and go to college for free. You enlisted to do what is needed to defend our country and to follow the orders of those appointed over you. Stay trained and ready for anything. Remember that and you will not lose focus or be disappointed...
Old 07-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #219
Road Trip!

Thank you
Old 07-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #220
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Just got layed off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009 View Post
Every branch travels to pretty much every part of the world they have bases or there are bases to support their division. Each division has perks the other may not see, but in general they are all the same. If your wishing to see the world then you should have looked into the Airforce and tried for an overseas base and volunteered for any type of 'voluntary' tours. Between my brother and my cousin they have seen many different parts of the worlds and their culture... never entertaining the idea of a combat zone. My brother was actually in Kuwait in the early stages of the Afgan invasion and never saw battle...

I'm not saying you won't see different parts of the world, it's just in my experience I have seen and dealt with many different divisions and it seems the Airforce gets to enjoy things a little more. (They also get paid extra when other Military branches "house" in their AF specific bases-only specific bases)
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #221
Road Trip!

My neighbor is in the USAF he said he regrets enlisting cuz all he sees is TX
Old 07-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #222
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend

Every branch travels to pretty much every part of the world they have bases or there are bases to support their division. Each division has perks the other may not see, but in general they are all the same. If your wishing to see the world then you should have looked into the Airforce and tried for an overseas base and volunteered for any type of 'voluntary' tours. Between my brother and my cousin they have seen many different parts of the worlds and their culture... never entertaining the idea of a combat zone. My brother was actually in Kuwait in the early stages of the Afgan invasion and never saw battle...

I'm not saying you won't see different parts of the world, it's just in my experience I have seen and dealt with many different divisions and it seems the Airforce gets to enjoy things a little more. (They also get paid extra when other Military branches "house" in their AF specific bases-only specific bases)
Since the privatization of base housing, this is rare. Army housing used to suck...still does in some places. In the places it sucks, yes the USAF gets more money...

As far as duty stations around the world...the army and air force have the most. Navy is next, and USMC is last. The benefit of the navy is visiting port cities...once you get past the bars and prostitutes you can get a Taste of the culture...nothing like living off base in a foreign country for a couple years though. I don't regret enlisting in the Army...I have seem the world and worked with great patriots from all branches. I will miss it when I retire in a year or two...
Old 07-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #223
Road Trip!

Region: North Carolina

USAF treats you the best and pays you the most...................personally I have always favoried the Air Force behind that the army, marines, then the navy...but regardless of branch I have the highest respect for anybody in uniform so thank you to everyone here who has.
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #224
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT View Post
A high likelihood of a deployment. Combat is a different issue. One can be deployed in a combat zone but never see combat. There are personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan that have never seen the outside of their base...and others that live a very different reality. Two different experiences and types of troops. Of course, many support troops have seen combat but mostly in a defensive posture until they are able to break contact. Combat troops make contact and engage the enemy...an offensive posture. Your job will directly support combat operations...it's not an admin job...you will deploy, and you have a higher likelihood of seeing combat or at least the effects of it.

All service members are trained on basic weapons skills, tactics, and life saving steps for a reason. Lots of navy and air force folks have fired rounds down range, experienced VBIDS, IEDs, mortars, and various other unpleasantries.

You need to understand that. You didn't enlist to draw a paycheck and go to college for free. You enlisted to do what is needed to defend our country and to follow the orders of those appointed over you. Stay trained and ready for anything. Remember that and you will not lose focus or be disappointed...
+1, but remember it isn't that you just enlisted, you Volunteered to defend your country at home and abroad. Going in with the knowledge of seeing combat, death and dying is something you have to understand before signing your name. It isn't Call of Duty where you respawn if something bad happens.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #225
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby View Post
USAF treats you the best and pays you the most...................personally I have always favoried the Air Force behind that the army, marines, then the navy...but regardless of branch I have the highest respect for anybody in uniform so thank you to everyone here who has.
Each branch of services has their pros and cons. The Air Force will treat you more like a civilian, a human being, but it may take you longer to get promoted. The Army will promote you quickly, but you won't have the best facilities, or be treated like a civilian. If you like the water join the Navy. As for Marines, well they are just a different breed all together. But regardless you can't go wrong with any service, especially with today's economy and prospects for job growth.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #226
Road Trip!

I love the water been scuba diving since I was 11 at 5feet 120lbs lol I was a butter ball now that I grew and slendered up it was a no brainer for me aside from the pay and all that ill be serving my country and it's what I like so it was the most reasonable choice
Old 07-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #227
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

+1, but remember it isn't that you just enlisted, you Volunteered to defend your country at home and abroad. Going in with the knowledge of seeing combat, death and dying is something you have to understand before signing your name. It isn't Call of Duty where you respawn if something bad happens.
Yep...every time I deployed it was on the front of my mind...I volunteered for this?!
It made me who I am though...and I am better in many ways. I don't regret it at all...but it can be ugly, sad, angering, frustrating, humbling...every emotion rolled into one...and at times emotionally numbing...

I don't think anybody can understand what you stated above before signing up...but I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #228
Road Trip!

I'm looking forward to some of those!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:00 AM   #229
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Damn this makes me want to go enlist tomorrow. Always have had the passion.. life just got in the way.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:34 AM   #230
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
Damn this makes me want to go enlist tomorrow. Always have had the passion.. life just got in the way.
I'm not trying to recruit anyone. But I do believe that everyone should do at least one enlistment in the military. There are so many people out there that have no clue or appreciate what Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors, Marines go through and everyone experiences something different. But it can be life changing, eye opening and understanding who you really are as a person.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:51 AM   #231
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm not trying to recruit anyone. But I do believe that everyone should do at least one enlistment in the military. There are so many people out there that have no clue or appreciate what Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors, Marines go through and everyone experiences something different. But it can be life changing, eye opening and understanding who you really are as a person.
+1
unless there is a valid medical reason or hardship, I too believe every able bodied citizen should serve either in the military or as a first responder.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #232
Road Trip!

Quote:

+2 I don't believe a citizen is a citizen without out some kind of enlistment o don't think the president should be president without a enlistment how can he decide the fate of military men when he himself was never one.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #233
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Wow... So I'm not a citizen since I'm not serving the military... You make me want to support the military more and more when you don't even see me as a citizen...
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #234
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking
Wow... So I'm not a citizen since I'm not serving the military... You make me want to support the military more and more when you don't even see me as a citizen...
Not like not to be a illegal thing but to me supporting our military is reliving them when there tired. I think everyone should hold a military position at least once in there life. Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country
Old 07-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #235
Road Trip!

Quote:

Not like not to be a illegal thing but to me supporting our military is reliving them when there tired. I think everyone should hold a military position at least once in there life. Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country
I agree with that quote. But you saying I'm not a citizen because I haven't served is giving the military a bad name. I don't want to be a part of a group who looks at American ppl that way. Served or not I'm a citizen.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #236
Road Trip!

Correct you are a citizen but I think everyone should earn citizenship and I only speak for myself so I'm not giving anyone else a bad name if you don't agree with me you don't agree with me that's not the whole military
Old 07-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #237
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Correct you are a citizen but I think everyone should earn citizenship and I only speak for myself so I'm not giving anyone else a bad name if you don't agree with me you don't agree with me that's not the whole military
I see where you're coming from. But it will never happen. Some people don't care enough or don't have the stones to join the military. I look up to the veterens And soldiers as heroes and I hope to join them one day.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #238
Road Trip!

Quote:
No but when you talk like that your speaking for them. If someone at a dealership does bad work then the dealership gets a bad name. Not the guy that did the work
Old 07-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #239
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradh2414

I see where you're coming from. But it will never happen. Some people don't care enough or don't have the stones to join the military. I look up to the veterens And soldiers as heroes and I hope to join them one day.
Thank u! I'm not saying it in a way to offend anyone but there's a lot of ways to serve this country without going to war or on a ship there's business financing there's tons of ways
Old 07-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #240
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thank u! I'm not saying it in a way to offend anyone but there's a lot of ways to serve this country without going to war or on a ship there's business financing there's tons of ways
But people think military and immediatley see fighting. They don't think about the business side of it
Old 07-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #241
Road Trip!

For the record we all wore purple polos the "fedex smartpost" on our left side with black slacks and black steel toe pants could not touch the floor or else you were sent home If you did not have a belt you were not fit to work and we had to tuck in out shirts so it doesn't matter if i had a xxl a L or M it had to be fully tucked in.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #242
Road Trip!

Quote:

I take car of your wifes car while your over seas. How's that sound?
Old 07-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #243
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradh2414

But people think military and immediatley see fighting. They don't think about the business side of it
Yea my family was like that as well
Old 07-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #244
Registered Member
Regular

Ok ok ok. Everybody pop smoke and break contact for a minute. Calm down, no reason to get all worked up over some words. They're just words. Smile!
jsearcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #245
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsearcy
Ok ok ok. Everybody pop smoke and break contact for a minute. Calm down, no reason to get all worked up over some words. They're just words. Smile!
Words can make a difference between life and death

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion