Sound system. Suggestions please!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #1

Region: Washington
Sound system. Suggestions please!!

Hey everyone. So I love music and I love everything about my 2000 mustang gt convertible BUT the sound system. Any suggestions? I prefer quality sound over huge bass and I'm in the $500-$750ish dollar range. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Dustin032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Re: Sound system. Suggestions please!!

i know ppl dis it alot. but sony xplod is great sound for the money. just not their head units. i used a kenwood head unit. sony xplod sub and door speakers. sounds good to me and the bass is not over powering.
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

You got the mach 460? If so I'd just add some subs. If not I'd get it for the speakers that sit next to the a pillar alone they make a world of difference.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I have to say Rockford fosgate makes the best sound but they would be more money than you got to spend ... So I would try to stick with kicker or kenwood and if you can find them in your price range Polk makes great all range speakers

But +1 on the 460 sound system if you have that just add a woofer

In my gt I left the 460 and simply custom built a box for 2 rockford fosgate p3 12s and a 1500watt singe channel amp but that gets so loud you can feel your heart change it's beat

However you could risk ebaying the amp and subs (new in box) but not from an authorized fosgate dealer you won't get fosgates warranty but you could get my setup for about 800$ fosgate stuff almost never breaks so with a little luck...
Happy times ahead

I
CrimsonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGT
I have to say Rockford fosgate makes the best sound but they would be more money than you got to spend ... So I would try to stick with kicker or kenwood and if you can find them in your price range Polk makes great all range speakers

But +1 on the 460 sound system if you have that just add a woofer

In my gt I left the 460 and simply custom built a box for 2 rockford fosgate p3 12s and a 1500watt singe channel amp but that gets so loud you can feel your heart change it's beat

However you could risk ebaying the amp and subs (new in box) but not from an authorized fosgate dealer you won't get fosgates warranty but you could get my setup for about 800$ fosgate stuff almost never breaks so with a little luck...
Happy times ahead

I
+1 i have rockford fosgate amp and 2 kicker cvr subs. Sounds awesome i love this setup. Fosgate is thebest.
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #6

Thanks everyone, your input is really helpful. I'm thinking about possible getting new speakers only now. In that case any suggestions?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:34 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Again ... Not sure if you have the Mach 460 system but if you are not happy with the sound I'm assuming you do NOT cause it's really good
I would just put in the Mach 460 system because it's guna have the best overall sound if your only doing speakers
Anything aftermarket is guna require a woofer to achieve any sort of bass at all
Old 05-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #8

I do have Mach 460 it just doesn't sound great turned up. It tends to get fuzzy. And I have to have it loud enough to hear it over my x pipes.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking

mach 460 is not good for loud bass and will make the sound fuzzy. turn down the bass and the high notes sound better. put a sub in to replace the bass
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking
mach 460 is not good for loud bass and will make the sound fuzzy. turn down the bass and the high notes sound better. put a sub in to replace the bass
+1 really the 460 is plenty I would just add a woofer .... Actually I did .... 2 in fact
Old 05-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I think for what you seem like you want I would get a decent deck and 4 speakers. Alpine has some absolutely amazing decks out there that sound better untuned then some expensive other brands tuned. I would buy a 200-300 dollar alpine deck and then put alpine type-S speakers all the way around. They have enough highs and the bass you will be out of them will be way more than you have but not to much. Over all I think you would be happier with this vs. Your Mach 460... Let me know what you end up doin... Hope this helps..

289 With 302 heads Bored .30= Edellbrock Performer RPM = Holley 650 Double Pump = Hooker Headers to Flowmaster 55's= 03 Billet Rims = Name a part... Its been replaced.
Shanes0406 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion