BMW's ! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

BMW's !

What are your thoughts on BMWs, I like 4 door cars, and cars with comfortable lookin' cabins, and mainly just the look of BMWs they look nice. So know I'm in a bind with probably a budget of $1000-$3500/$4000 ish. First, like a month ago I wanted a older 5.0 Mustang. Now I want a '99-'04 Stang. Now I'm in between one of those Mustangs and some BMW models.
Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: BMW's !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip View Post
What are your thoughts on BMWs, I like 4 door cars, and cars with comfortable lookin' cabins, and mainly just the look of BMWs they look nice. So know I'm in a bind with probably a budget of $1000-$3500/$4000 ish. First, like a month ago I wanted a older 5.0 Mustang. Now I want a '99-'04 Stang. Now I'm in between one of those Mustangs and some BMW models.
Wait, your budget is 1-4k? I dont think you have a chance of getting either of those. Unless you want a 20 yr old bmw. A decent 99+ model mustang is at least 5k. What do you drive now?

But yes, i love the bmw 3 series
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771

Wait, your budget is 1-4k? I dont think you have a chance of getting either of those. Unless you want a 20 yr old bmw. A decent 99+ model mustang is at least 5k. What do you drive now?

But yes, i love the bmw 3 series
Yeah I was looking at several mid 90, 3 series for around 3 and 4. I currently drive...NOTHING though :/

And alot of V6 '99-'04 Mustangs in my area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Yeah I was looking at several mid 90, 3 series for around 3 and 4. I currently drive...NOTHING though :/

And alot of V6 '99-'04 Mustangs in my area.
Ok i thougbt u were looking at gt's. If its your dd, id get the newest one possible for reliability. Id never buy a 20 yr old car for a dd. The v6's are still fun and i think youd enjoy that more
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #5

BMW's are also very expensive on parts and they tend to have mind numbing electrical issues too.
macmarine39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771 View Post
Ok i thougbt u were looking at gt's. If its your dd, id get the newest one possible for reliability. Id never buy a 20 yr old car for a dd. The v6's are still fun and i think youd enjoy that more
lol whats a DD ?
Old 07-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lol whats a DD ?
daily driver or designated driver depending how much youve had to drink lol

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #8
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

www.bmwforums.com
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmarine39 View Post
BMW's are also very expensive on parts and they tend to have mind numbing electrical issues too.
agreed.....sure you can afford the car but then **** breaks and the part's through the roof......kepe it american so you can work on it yourself
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercrazy718 View Post
daily driver or designated driver depending how much youve had to drink lol
hmm lol know i know. And nice Mustang !
Old 07-18-2011, 10:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

bmw's are nice! i almost got a 318ti from my dad, there nice cars no doubt, but the cost of having a 90's bmw as a daily driver after needing a few repairs wont be that good. mustangs are cheaper and easier to work on. just a thought though
znpzmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Honestly having worked on both mustangs and some E46 3 series I would say they are both able to be worked on by somebody with some mechanical aptitude. The BMW is just a lil bit more cramped in the engine bay but I've seen worse. Now, with a BMW u will have to deal with the fact of random things failing on the car. While parts are expensive they wont be too crazy for an older model, but that is only if you do your own work or know a local mechanic who will work on it because the BMW dealership really tries to rape u when it comes to maintenance charges. $100 an hour or more, for example my uncle has an E46 (urs will be an E36 if it anything before 99) and they tried to charge him $100 for the maintenance of removing his battery when it was dying. There are only two wing nuts holding the battery in place and it is situated in his trunk and literally takes about two minutes to get out, obviously he just removed it himself. Overall with a mustang u will be more happy, if you got an E36 M3 though that would be legit but it would be out of ur price range for sure.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion