Teenage owners - Page 107 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #3711
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLRedGT View Post

Don't start the hate again lol. However I'm glad I started with and 04 v8 auto. Then bought myself a 11 5.0 manual. It just depends how responsible the person is. I don't think an irresponsible kids parents are gonna buy him a 30+k car.
Yea they would, it's called "buying love"

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #3712
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Yeah, I don't know if I agree that 16-18 year olds don't "deserve" a new 5.0, that's a bit of a generalization.

Generalizations are never good, and hardly accurate.
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #3713
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLRedGT View Post

Don't start the hate again lol. However I'm glad I started with and 04 v8 auto. Then bought myself a 11 5.0 manual. It just depends how responsible the person is. I don't think an irresponsible kids parents are gonna buy him a 30+k car.
I wasnt hating.. I was saying 16 year olds are not smart enough to handle a 350hp+ ( unless they have raced in legends or etc) from experience cause i lost my bestfriend to him having a gt, he was driving normal and it was raining and gave it a little gas around a corner and not noticing he was on the painted line and wrecked and was DOA, so in my opinion it dont matter about irresponsibility, it comes down to your 16 and just got your license.. You in no way have the experience needed for a 4.6 or 5.0, i can understand if your 18 thats your choice cause thats what i did as soon as i turned 18.. I went out an got me a GT

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorations View Post
Yeah, I don't know if I agree that 16-18 year olds don't "deserve" a new 5.0, that's a bit of a generalization.

How could they show a parent that they can control one and not wreck or etc.. When they have just got their license? ( excluding one who actually raced in legends and drag cars cause they can fully handle one)
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #3714
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Here is the reality... Young drivers are inexperienced. Period. We have all been there. Got into accidents, backed into crap, etc.

It is better to have an under powered beater as a first car. Better for the driver. Better for those they will encounter. Then once they have matured and gained those LIFE EXPERIENCES that cannot be taught, they can buy or be bought a new car (a v6 or v8).

But to expect a inexperienced driver who 1) doesn't respect the car's brutal power 2) doesn't have the same concept or value of money that age comes with 3) doesn't respect the drivers out there by "driving 150 with his 14 year old GF - another epic thread", these are things that lead to accidents (and possible death). Throw in rowdy friends as distractions, cell phones, music, god knows what else...

All I'm saying is you help the young driver by reducing the cars power and value since it is inevitable that things happen. This isn't even discussing parents that GIVE their inexperienced kids NEW 20-30 thousand $ cars vs the kid earning and buying their own car. That is a whole other thread. Lol.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #3715
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

Here is the reality... Young drivers are inexperienced. Period. We have all been there. Got into accidents, backed into crap, etc.

It is better to have an under powered beater as a first car. Better for the driver. Better for those they will encounter. Then once they have matured and gained those LIFE EXPERIENCES that cannot be taught, they can buy or be bought a new car (a v6 or v8).

But to expect a inexperienced driver who 1) doesn't respect the car's brutal power 2) doesn't have the same concept or value of money that age comes with 3) doesn't respect the drivers out there by "driving 150 with his 14 year old GF - another epic thread", these are things that lead to accidents (and possible death). Throw in rowdy friends as distractions, cell phones, music, god knows what else...

All I'm saying is you help the young driver by reducing the cars power and value since it is inevitable that things happen. This isn't even discussing parents that GIVE their inexperienced kids NEW 20-30 thousand $ cars vs the kid earning and buying their own car. That is a whole other thread. Lol.
+100 Experience is so important
Old 03-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #3716
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Well I started ( 3 months ago) 2013 track pack. Love every second being in the car. But I don't drive like an *******. I do occasionally rip through the gears but most of the time I'm a calm driver. btw I'm 16
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-192558354.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	438.0 KB
ID:	99258   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1121551547.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	605.2 KB
ID:	99259  

Old 03-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #3717
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post
Well I started ( 3 months ago) 2013 track pack. Love every second being in the car. But I don't drive like an *******. I do occasionally rip through the gears but most of the time I'm a calm driver. btw I'm 16
Well it aint the ******* part or driving like one, its purely experience of the person behind the wheel, which most 16 year olds do not have.. And yes some do and i dont mind a 16 year old that drives legend cars or race cars/drags, because they know how easy it is for that car to go sailing from one false move you never thought would cause anything, its easier for a 350hp+ car to get out from under you than it is an 160hp car like the 99 mustang i had, but they both can, just the experience of that driver, and your dont have to agree with me and im not forcing my opinion just stating what ive learned from my driving experiences and what ive learned from my elders
Old 03-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #3718
Registered Member
Regular

When i first started driving my dad took me mudding and i learned how to control my jeep in slides and from spinning out. Its all about being able to control cars in a slide
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #3719
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustang99 View Post

Well it aint the ******* part or driving like one, its purely experience of the person behind the wheel, which most 16 year olds do not have.. And yes some do and i dont mind a 16 year old that drives legend cars or race cars/drags, because they know how easy it is for that car to go sailing from one false move you never thought would cause anything, its easier for a 350hp+ car to get out from under you than it is an 160hp car like the 99 mustang i had, but they both can, just the experience of that driver, and your dont have to agree with me and im not forcing my opinion just stating what ive learned from my driving experiences and what ive learned from my elders
I completely agree with you. I honesty don't really speed. I'm aware of how easy it is to spin out and wrap around a tree. Considering I've worked since I've been 11 I think I have eanouf discipline to drive it. But yet I also get so much ***** on this fourm for being 16 with a 5.0. But idc really what people say
Old 03-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #3720
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas

Name:	image-50075345.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	490.8 KB
ID:	99269

This is in the bathroom at a restaurant called "Mustang Sally's" and if I'm not mistaken, that appears to be a camaro.
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #3721
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

This is in the bathroom at a restaurant called "Mustang Sally's" and if I'm not mistaken, that appears to be a camaro.
Ehhh looks almost like a ford Torino if I'm not mistaken. But I could be wrong
Old 03-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #3722
Registered Member
Regular

I'm 21 been to afghan and bought myself a 2013 V6... I love it but in all honest my first car was a 2003 4 cylinder Oldsmobile alero and to this day every time I see one I miss it thoroughly... My friend who I sold it to totaled it so I didn't even have a chance to buy it back...
Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #3723
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustang99 View Post

Most grown adults cannot afford a 5.0 mustang and how should a 16 year deserve such expensive vehicle when they are just learning to drive, im glad i was started in a v6.. It showed me a huge power difference driving it daily to getting my gt, you learn respect for the car and how it can make you happy one minute and take your life and other peoples lives away in a minute,

When your 16 you dont think cause lord knows ive been there and lost a fellow mustang buddy along the way my bestfriend, so working your way up to the v8 is the best way in my opinion to learning the correct respect for a car and how you should treat it on the road and off the road(track)
I think if the brand new mustang is given to them, then they will not respect it as much and do stupid stuff to get hurt. But if the teen really really wanted a mustang and that is the only thing they would settle for, then they will respect their car and take care of it, and not want anything to happen to it. This is how I am. I know not to do stupid stuff. I know not to go and do burnouts or doughnuts or even race others even though I want to, because if anything happened to my car, I think I would cry. I love my car. I'm 17 and have an 06 gt as my first car.
Depack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #3724
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I completely agree with you. I honesty don't really speed. I'm aware of how easy it is to spin out and wrap around a tree. Considering I've worked since I've been 11 I think I have eanouf discipline to drive it. But yet I also get so much ***** on this fourm for being 16 with a 5.0. But idc really what people say
Im not downing anyone in having one, atleast i wasnt meaning to, just the experience levels, cause when a cars sliding( had this happen to me before ) its all about experience knowing how to atleast control the slide in some situations and bringing it back, im glad you have one, i wish i had one but my 4.6 isnt a ordinary 4.6 either, just respect the power in that car, cause havin to watch my best friend parents lose their only son to a mustang was hard and still weighs on me, i never would want anyones parents to go through that
Old 03-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #3725
Registered Member
Regular

The problem is when do you become a "responsible" driver?? How many of you guys have gotten behind the wheel after even just one beer or whatever there are just as many if not more wrecks and deaths that happen to "adult" drivers than there are with teens...the problem most of you have is that because your parents didn't or couldn't give you a new mustang gt when you were sixteen than no one should well that's crap...by the way I had a truck as a first vehicle it was ten years old but was a v8 then i received a mustang v6 as a graduation present and I drove that through college then I purchased a mustang gt the. Traded for a 2011 5.0 then traded for a gt500... I'm 27 years old and I am sure there are alot of people that would say that I am not "ready" for a gt500. Lastly and the main reason I wrote this quit bashing kids that have parents that buy them cars and just enjoy what you drive...
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #3726
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85 View Post
The problem is when do you become a "responsible" driver?? How many of you guys have gotten behind the wheel after even just one beer or whatever there are just as many if not more wrecks and deaths that happen to "adult" drivers than there are with teens...the problem most of you have is that because your parents didn't or couldn't give you a new mustang gt when you were sixteen than no one should well that's crap...by the way I had a truck as a first vehicle it was ten years old but was a v8 then i received a mustang v6 as a graduation present and I drove that through college then I purchased a mustang gt the. Traded for a 2011 5.0 then traded for a gt500... I'm 27 years old and I am sure there are alot of people that would say that I am not "ready" for a gt500. Lastly and the main reason I wrote this quit bashing kids that have parents that buy them cars and just enjoy what you drive...
Please use actual data instead of anecdotal... Because you are wrong about accident statistics.

http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafet...factsheet.html

And in some ways, you proved our point.

You DIDN'T start driving at 16 in a muscle car. You started at 10 in a TRUCK. V8 or not, a truck is slow, corners like a boat and is a great first car (very safe). You accumulated EXPERIENCE.

You then moved to a muscle car 8 years later.

Now I still think that if a kid's first car is a 20-30k gift and they didn't pay a dime nor work their *** off for it, they won't appreciate the value and also the cost to repair it when they WILL get into an accident. Every young driver gets into accidents. Sometimes it is just small stuff like backing into a mailbox. Sometimes worse. But if you paid for your NEW 20-30k car... You will think twice about doing dumb ***** with it. Insurance costs are higher for a reason for teens. It isn't by chance. And insurance rates for teens on a new 300+ Hp (or 420 Hp) car is waaaaay more than a 15 year old beater for many reasons.

I'm just saying a first car shouldn't be new. A beater. Safer for everyone.

Now I will say the alcohol related deaths (especially in Texas) are ridiculous. But it is both adults and kids.

I will never drive anywhere unless I have no choice between midnight and 5 am anymore. Those accidents aren't even reserved to the weekend. Jacka$$es apparently get hammered everyday of the week. That is another thread though.

Bottom line. Experience is what makes you a better driver. Not a newer car.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #3727
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

Please use actual data instead of anecdotal... Because you are wrong about accident statistics.

http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafet...factsheet.html

And in some ways, you proved our point.

You DIDN'T start driving at 16 in a muscle car. You started at 10 in a TRUCK. V8 or not, a truck is slow, corners like a boat and is a great first car (very safe). You accumulated EXPERIENCE.

You then moved to a muscle car 8 years later.

Now I still think that if a kid's first car is a 20-30k gift and they didn't pay a dime nor work their *** off for it, they won't appreciate the value and also the cost to repair it when they WILL get into an accident. Every young driver gets into accidents. Sometimes it is just small stuff like backing into a mailbox. Sometimes worse. But if you paid for your NEW 20-30k car... You will think twice about doing dumb ***** with it. Insurance costs are higher for a reason for teens. It isn't by chance. And insurance rates for teens on a new 300+ Hp (or 420 Hp) car is waaaaay more than a 15 year old beater for many reasons.

I'm just saying a first car shouldn't be new. A beater. Safer for everyone.

Now I will say the alcohol related deaths (especially in Texas) are ridiculous. But it is both adults and kids.

I will never drive anywhere unless I have no choice between midnight and 5 am anymore. Those accidents aren't even reserved to the weekend. Jacka$$es apparently get hammered everyday of the week. That is another thread though.

Bottom line. Experience is what makes you a better driver. Not a newer car.
Well I payed about 80% for my mustang so that's why I'm not the toolbag doing burnouts down my road. And I wouldn't think once about drinking and driving. All around country roads in nj are covered with beer cans.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #3728
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
My 68 has a 4.7. I pulled out of church on a wet road and all of the sudden my car bucked like a horse and swerved left right left right left again and then right into a shop entrance. God saved me that day but it really gave me a feel of the car's limit. Experience is important.
LukeRailey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #3729
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeRailey68 View Post
My 68 has a 4.7. I pulled out of church on a wet road and all of the sudden my car bucked like a horse and swerved left right left right left again and then right into a shop entrance. God saved me that day but it really gave me a feel of the car's limit. Experience is important.
I was pulling out of school in my old v6 and the road was a little wet and i touched to painted lines with the tire a little bit and it spun around on me.. No damage to car or anyone else just pride.. Just taught me how to correct if its sliding, staying calm and just slight movements of the wheel and never EVER try to jerk that wheel the other way, then my mechanic/friend that races took me to a track and taught me alot on how to handle a car at high speeds and stuff, experience and knowledge behind the wheel is key
Old 03-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #3730
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nice car you have there. I'm also 16 with a 2013 Mustang 5.0 when I post what I have got people where congratulations and others where hating I really didn't care less I just took the people's advice, like that's a really powerful car just be careful, take good care of her, nice car, and much more but I'm happy what I could and I believe that the others are jealous
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1469132102.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	443.8 KB
ID:	99328   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1125448796.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	99329  

Name:	image-2188060956.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	99330  
Mustang_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #3731
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I take all AP classes in school. I also earned my Eagle Scout at 16 and do loads of community service for clubs ect. I also try to fit in a job in there somewhere making barely $400 for an entire month..... And I still bought my own car, I saved up for 3.5 years of High School and then just 3 days after I turned 18 we went to a used car dealer and I signed all the papers and paid for it MYSELF. Think about the teenager that didn't have to go through what I did and was given a 30k car from their parents, are they really going to value it as much as I value my $8k car? Probably not. And driving experience comes into play also, it doesn't matter if you are a responsible driver or not, 400horsepower is a LOT of power and I highly doubt someone who has only been driving for a few months has the experience to control their car if something happens.

HID end all thread
Old 03-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #3732
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_96

Nice car you have there. I'm also 16 with a 2013 Mustang 5.0 when I post what I have got people where congratulations and others where hating I really didn't care less I just took the people's advice, like that's a really powerful car just be careful, take good care of her, nice car, and much more but I'm happy what I could and I believe that the others are jealous
That's the main thing man. I'm only 19. So I'm not much older, but anybody older just wants you to REALLY understand what you'd have. Not everybody can be fortunate enough to drive a brand new $30k+ sports car. Lol. I'm VERY FORTUNATE to have my car. I drive a 2001 Cobra bought and paid for by yours truly. And it is my PRIDE AND JOY.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1744917513.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	904.8 KB
ID:	99332  
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #3733
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
*what you have
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #3734
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_96 View Post

Nice mustang! I love that color! It was a draw between the grey and the red. Do you have stick or auto?
Old 03-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #3735
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by eouellette18 View Post
What's with all these 16-18 year olds with brand new 5.0s??? I'm 22 and have a hard time affording my 05 gt at times. Lol
I have a really good job I'm 19 and a loan haha

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

My "first" car was my moms 2004 Monte Carlo I have the "" because we shared it till I was 17 the I got a 2011 mustang V6 I had that for a year (they bought it at frost payed like 4 car payments then I paid till I traded it) for my 2011 mustang 5.0 they have not paid a single thing on that car I pay for everything I don't like hearing people talk about my parents bought me it blah blah I worked and continue u work my *** for to have this car! Thanks and I'm 19 work 40 hours a week minimum
BBK Cold Air Intake
ChrisMustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #3736
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
One of the things I can say is, to teenage drivers, talk to your parents about taking driving classes (no insult i promise) for one taking defensive driving courses can help lower insurance a little and there are many out there that can be really fun. I can honestly say one of the best reasons why I am able to correct and get out of sliding and fishtailing is something they had me do when i was in Japan. The military made it mandatory to take a course about driving on snow and ice. They had build a snow track the the object was to go fast enough to make the rear end slide out so that you could learn how to correct it. It was build in a controlled environment with snow all around to help cushion you. That is where you want to learn how to correct and get out of fish tailing. Not in the middle of a turn on a highway.

And to be clear, driving courses are something I think EVERYONE can benefit from, (I don't care how many times you've been) there is always something else you can learn.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #3737
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
One of the things I can say is, to teenage drivers, talk to your parents about taking driving classes (no insult i promise) for one taking defensive driving courses can help lower insurance a little and there are many out there that can be really fun. I can honestly say one of the best reasons why I am able to correct and get out of sliding and fishtailing is something they had me do when i was in Japan. The military made it mandatory to take a course about driving on snow and ice. They had build a snow track the the object was to go fast enough to make the rear end slide out so that you could learn how to correct it. It was build in a controlled environment with snow all around to help cushion you. That is where you want to learn how to correct and get out of fish tailing. Not in the middle of a turn on a highway.

And to be clear, driving courses are something I think EVERYONE can benefit from, (I don't care how many times you've been) there is always something else you can learn.
+100 and let them watch a drag race wreck and see someone get decapitated, then they will learn how dangerous it is.. Taught me a lesson real quick
Old 03-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #3738
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Another thing is those near crash experiences, I almost had one the other day in mine and I've been driving for more than a year and a half. I know that it I would have been driving a 5.0 the car would be wrecked. I didn't even do much, it just lost traction and I went from side to side of the road while doing a 400 degree spin. A teenager with only a months diving experience in a 5.0 would not be so lucky.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Another thing to add is that I was driving fast cars before I got the Mustang, my parents have a corvette they occasionally let me drive (while they were with me). So I know how to control a car pretty well

HID end all thread
Old 03-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #3739
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Another thing is those near crash experiences, I almost had one the other day in mine and I've been driving for more than a year and a half. I know that it I would have been driving a 5.0 the car would be wrecked. I didn't even do much, it just lost traction and I went from side to side of the road while doing a 400 degree spin. A teenager with only a months diving experience in a 5.0 would not be so lucky.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Another thing to add is that I was driving fast cars before I got the Mustang, my parents have a corvette they occasionally let me drive (while they were with me). So I know how to control a car pretty well
Ive been in drag cars and when they break lose.. My god it taught me a lot, never wrecked tho.. knock on wood
Old 03-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #3740
Registered Member
Regular

The newer mustangs come with mykey so they can set a limiter on the mph & I believe rpm range too!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #3741
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
The newer mustangs come with mykey so they can set a limiter on the mph & I believe rpm range too!
Honestly if a parent is going to buy their 16 year old a brand new 5.0 I highly doubt they are going to set any type if limiter on the car.

HID end all thread
Old 03-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #3742
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Honestly if a parent is going to buy their 16 year old a brand new 5.0 I highly doubt they are going to set any type if limiter on the car.
True but maybe they want a new car (for its reliability) but still want limits..ford obviously put it there for a reason!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #3743
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

True but maybe they want a new car (for its reliability) but still want limits..ford obviously put it there for a reason!
New car for reliability... 13v6 should be a better choice

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

I hear new priuses are reliable and safe as well

HID end all thread
Old 03-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #3744
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
I take all AP classes in school. I also earned my Eagle Scout at 16 and do loads of community service for clubs ect. I also try to fit in a job in there somewhere making barely $400 for an entire month..... And I still bought my own car, I saved up for 3.5 years of High School and then just 3 days after I turned 18 we went to a used car dealer and I signed all the papers and paid for it MYSELF. Think about the teenager that didn't have to go through what I did and was given a 30k car from their parents, are they really going to value it as much as I value my $8k car? Probably not. And driving experience comes into play also, it doesn't matter if you are a responsible driver or not, 400horsepower is a LOT of power and I highly doubt someone who has only been driving for a few months has the experience to control their car if something happens.
+111111

Buying your first car is something to be proud of and makes you value it a lot more than it being given to you. I've been working since I was 14 and bought my 68 coupe when i was 16. I'm 18 now with two jobs and almost out of highschool and wish I could afford a 5.0. All I know is whatever car I buy next I will pay for and take care of.
My68mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #3745
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post

I'm attending one in a cupple months

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion