Teenage owners - Page 26 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #876
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

go errr.. mow some lawns! youre a big boy! ahaha
dream on bud!
Haha ill find something... good idea but id rather get hours over sweaty work in groggy houston weather! Do you have any performance mods? I don't have a clue about your undercarriage
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #877
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid
I love this Thread. Haha.
Just cool to me that we have a teenage thread. Idk. I love all the other threads on here. Ive learned tons! But it's always cool and easier to relate to someone closer to your age. Idk.. Maybe that makes no sense. Haha.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #878
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just cool to me that we have a teenage thread. Idk. I love all the other threads on here. Ive learned tons! But it's always cool and easier to relate to someone closer to your age. Idk.. Maybe that makes no sense. Haha.
I feel ya! Part of why I started this thread! Plus I love fellow teenage owners lol.

Besides that does anyone know where the cabin filter is on a s197? I think mines clogged and I want to clean it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #879
Registered Member
Regular

Just found out today I'm fixing to have at least $1300 coming my way to drop on the Stang...
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #880
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Re: Teenage owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Haha ill find something... good idea but id rather get hours over sweaty work in groggy houston weather! Do you have any performance mods? I don't have a clue about your undercarriage
not reaallyyy Just a CAI with my whole lack of money thing and performance parts are the most expensive mods you can buy (besides body kit/paint) plus its a V6 ill be selling when the new body comes out so im not freaking out about horsepower, plus parents wont let me add horsies soo im kind of screwed on this one.. ahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid View Post
amen man!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #881
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

not reaallyyy Just a CAI with my whole lack of money thing and performance parts are the most expensive mods you can buy (besides body kit/paint) plus its a V6 ill be selling when the new body comes out so im not freaking out about horsepower, plus parents wont let me add horsies soo im kind of screwed on this one.. ahahaha!

amen man!
Lol understandable. My parents know im always going to be into power so they gave up and are allowing me to get a gt or roush now. Just once I get into MMA and move
Old 02-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #882
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol understandable. My parents know im always going to be into power so they gave up and are allowing me to get a gt or roush now. Just once I get into MMA and move
lucky, my dad is all the way with me but my mum thinks its stupid
Old 02-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #883
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau

Jealous....
Old 02-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #884
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Jealous....
Dont be! Im sure you'll have your dream pony one day.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #885
Registered Member
Regular

I've pretty much decided to just put my money into the car I have now. I only pay like $60 a month to keep it. So in my opinion, what is there to lose? Lol.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #886
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've pretty much decided to just put my money into the car I have now. I only pay like $60 a month to keep it. So in my opinion, what is there to lose? Lol.
True! Ill mod my 6 till the day I sell it. Its a way of life not just a car
Old 02-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #887
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dont be! Im sure you'll have your dream pony one day.
I think I have mine... Lol. I love my car man. And it just has a lot of sentimental value. Idk. Maybe I'm crazy. But I think im just gonna turn mine into a monster.

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

Quote:

That's what I tell people.. Lol.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #888
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think I have mine... Lol. I love my car man. And it just has a lot of sentimental value. Idk. Maybe I'm crazy. But I think im just gonna turn mine into a monster.

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

That's what I tell people.. Lol.
Yes! Another believer. Well if your gunna make it a monster might as well drop a v8!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #889
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
amen
the bond i have with Jet is unforgettable, call me crazy but ill die having some of the most remarkable memories and not regretting a single adrenaline filled day!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #890
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes! Another believer. Well if your gunna make it a monster might as well drop a v8!
Huh??? Lol. Mines already. It's a GT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-995577470.png
Views:	54
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	41436  
Old 02-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #891
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

amen
the bond i have with Jet is unforgettable, call me crazy but ill die having some of the most remarkable memories and not regretting a single adrenaline filled day!
+infinity

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote:

Huh??? Lol. Mines already. It's a GT.
Ahhh ***** my bad dude... im just use to teenagers having v6's. Honest mistake!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #892
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+infinity

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Ahhh ***** my bad dude... im just use to teenagers having v6's. Honest mistake!
Hahahahahaha. Nah man it's all good!

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

Quote:

amen
+infinity x2

It's crazy. Ive had my GT over a year now and still get excited every time I turn the key on it. Haha.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #893
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

+infinity x2

It's crazy. Ive had my GT over a year now and still get excited every time I turn the key on it. Haha.
What are your performance mods?
Old 02-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #894
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+infinity x2

the minute hit the bed at night i cant fall asleep because im all excited to drive in the morning and every morning i wake up and hurry to get ready because i just wanna get to Jet! Ill leave school at lunch just to cruise down to Firebird (Racetrack/dragstrip on exit down from my school) just to burn some rubber or shake my block! i love it and i cant get enough!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #895
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What are your performance mods?
Long Tube headers, dual Pypes exhaust with an H-Pipe, no Catylitic converters, K&N Air Intake, and a govt. issued police interceptor chip. (That's my favorite.) lol.

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Quote:

the minute hit the bed at night i cant fall asleep because im all excited to drive in the morning and every morning i wake up and hurry to get ready because i just wanna get to Jet! Ill leave school at lunch just to cruise down to Firebird (Racetrack/dragstrip on exit down from my school) just to burn some rubber or shake my block! i love it and i cant get enough!
+1

I'm so ready to go to the track. This year will be my 1st time to go. I'm pumped. Lol.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #896
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Long Tube headers, dual Pypes exhaust with an H-Pipe, no Catylitic converters, K&N Air Intake, and a govt. issued police interceptor chip. (That's my favorite.) lol.

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

+1

I'm so ready to go to the track. This year will be my 1st time to go. I'm pumped. Lol.
How did you score that chip?!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #897
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How did you score that chip?!
Hahaha. The guy I got the car off of was the fire marshal of the town I lived in. He put it in and he let me keep it. )
Old 02-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #898
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hahaha. The guy I got the car off of was the fire marshal of the town I lived in. He put it in and he let me keep it. )
What all does that add? Do you know? Im very interested.. lol
Old 02-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #899
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1

oh man.. you are going to LOVE it
your ears are bleeding, your head and heart are pounding, your covered in dirt, you cant breathe from the smoke and cant see from the dust in your eyes.. and somehow.. its my life, my hands get all shaky whenever i think about it.. and i keep coming back and back and back and i can never leave that rumble that shakes the earth!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #900
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What all does that add? Do you know? Im very interested.. lol
I'm kinda scared to know the specifics. He wouldn't tell me a whole lot other than I would kill myself in it. I know one thing is that it stretches my shifts out. Like the redline? Like my redline on my dash says 6k, but like when I shift my car manually( 1st, 2nd, Drive) I don't have to worry about bumping it up until like 6600. Without a problem. So in my opinion, it kinda helps me out more when im against a manual. And idk how fast a GT like mine without a chip will go, but I've only tried to run it that hard one time. And it scared me. I had to let out of it because I was too scared I was gonna die. Hahaha.

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Idk. That may sound like a load of BS to you. But it works for me. Lol.

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

Quote:

oh man.. you are going to LOVE it
your ears are bleeding, your head and heart are pounding, your covered in dirt, you cant breathe from the smoke and cant see from the dust in your eyes.. and somehow.. its my life, my hands get all shaky whenever i think about it.. and i keep coming back and back and back and i can never leave that rumble that shakes the earth!
Lol I'm excited. I just hope my car performs as well as I think it does.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #901
Registered Member
Regular

Haha sounds cool. Dont understand how that can change your redline! That's all mechanical and I wouldn't push too far past unless you want to overheat lol. Im sure you have some gains in there on your power curve
Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #902
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha sounds cool. Dont understand how that can change your redline! That's all mechanical and I wouldn't push too far past unless you want to overheat lol. Im sure you have some gains in there on your power curve
Yea. Makes no sense to me. I'm wanting to get more into this kind of stuff. To where I can understand all of it better. I really wanna get my car dynoed. I have no idea what its pushing. But I do know I'm fixing to order a tuner in a few days. Haha. I'm anxious to see what that will do to it.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #903
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea. Makes no sense to me. I'm wanting to get more into this kind of stuff. To where I can understand all of it better. I really wanna get my car dynoed. I have no idea what its pushing. But I do know I'm fixing to order a tuner in a few days. Haha. I'm anxious to see what that will do to it.
I have the SCT X3 SF3 from AM. Boy ill tell ya, tuned my car up too 93 octane race tune and tuned my mods and on myv6 my tires bark from 2nd-3rd. And if I floor it at 20 my tires spin a little. Great mod

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

To*
Old 02-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #904
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have the SCT X3 SF3 from AM. Boy ill tell ya, tuned my car up too 93 octane race tune and tuned my mods and on myv6 my tires bark from 2nd-3rd. And if I floor it at 20 my tires spin a little. Great mod

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

To*
Do you run it on that tune every day?
Old 02-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #905
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:

You'd definitely notice a tuner if you didn't already have the chip. I'm not sure what the difference between a a tune and a chip will feel like though. I know that I noticed a difference when I got my tuner, however that chip may negate some of the effects of the tuner.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:24 AM   #906
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:

she looks beautiful btw Beau
lucckkyy!! i got my tails for free, friend was like, "just take them!!"
wooo! lol working 2 1/2 jobs is not easy, especially since ill be going to college out of state ill need to be supporting myself except food/housing (Thank God).
really dying for an exhaust, just trying to find a cheaper way than blowing $500.. ha!
You might be able to get your exhaust done cheaper here in FL I got mine done and it I only cost $123

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Quote:

amen man!
No offense intended but If i can afford it when the new body comes I'll buy
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:17 AM   #907
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Do you run it on that tune every day?
Yes I do and I love it!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #908
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF

You'd definitely notice a tuner if you didn't already have the chip. I'm not sure what the difference between a a tune and a chip will feel like though. I know that I noticed a difference when I got my tuner, however that chip may negate some of the effects of the tuner.
Yea.. I'm a little nervous about it... But I think it'll be worth it either way. I'll just have to play with it and figure out what's best. And on top of that, I think I've decided to do a PI swap. Anybody have any idea about how much the shop is gonna charge to change my heads and intake out? I think I can get the set for around $700. Maybe a little more. Thanks guys.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote:

Yes I do and I love it!
Oh ok. Sweet!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #909
Registered Member
Regular

I can't help you with the heads and what not... but I too have a question. My buddy sold his bagged ranger... and got a 99 vtec. He is willing to put $50 on a race... I told him id whip his *** and he said "ok $100!" So do you think my modded six with sticky tires can take a stock 99 vtec to 80? Lol
Old 02-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #910
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can't help you with the heads and what not... but I too have a question. My buddy sold his bagged ranger... and got a 99 vtec. He is willing to put $50 on a race... I told him id whip his *** and he said "ok $100!" So do you think my modded six with sticky tires can take a stock 99 vtec to 80? Lol
What do the numbers show?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > General Car Discussion